Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Red red Wine & Resveratrol

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/10...22/2765013

Effects of Resveratrol on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: A Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial

[b]Intervention:
[/b]
Resveratrol (1,500 mg p.o.) or placebo were administered daily.

Main Outcome Measure:

Primary outcome was the change in the serum total T. (testosterone) 

Results:

Resveratrol treatment led to a significant decrease of total T by 23.1%

apparently , the resveratrol in red wine helps reduce overall Testosterone.. so have  glass of red wine !

I knew there was a good reason for me to enjoy red wine!
Thanks Tanya!
I wonder which reds are better/more potent for you??
Bobbi

I'm guessing the reddest, most tannic wines.

There are a lot of fun, dark red blends available these days - to drink to one's health!

Although I assume there might be just a tad of NY bias (Cornell is in Ithaca, NY), this research claims to show that among a US and worldwide sampling of wines, wines from NY State tended to have higher levels of resveratrol overall.

http://news.cornell.edu/stories/1998/02/...esveratrol

Pinot Noir in particular was determined to be the type with the highest amounts of resveratrol overall.

Oh Goodness! I`v been taking the stuff for years for the anti-aging aspect, I had no idea it messed with T at all! that could explain a few things! LOL Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I`v had a look and there`s quite a few places that list it as Trans-Resveratrol, I`m guessing that`s the sort we need then!? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin (just Kidding....... or am I?) LOL xx

(11-03-2018, 05:05 PM)Katie Wrote:  Oh Goodness! I`v been taking the stuff for years for the anti-aging aspect, I had no idea it messed with T at all! that could explain a few things! LOL  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

I`v had a look and there`s quite a few places that list it as Trans-Resveratrol, I`m guessing that`s the sort we need then!?  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  (just Kidding....... or am I?) LOL xx

Trans-Resveratrol! lol Guess they can't be accused of hiding possible T lowering side effects with TRANS right in the name/on the label. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon