Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and Red Clover

Hi everyone,

This is my first post! I've been watching the boards for a while and a few weeks ago decided to take the jump! 

I know no one here is medically trained but I just wondered if anyone has come across this problem before or has any tips/advice.

As PM is tricky to get hold of in the UK and I wanted to 'test' the water, after reading copious notes and threads decided to settle on Red Clover along with a small dose of licorice root.

So I started taking a LR (swansons 450mg) capsule before evening meal and then a RC tablet (lindens 1000mg tablet) before bed as I read estrogen works better overnight. Then after a few days switched to taking the LR and RC in the morning before breakfast and the red clover at night. And all signs started to seem good. However within a week I started getting a pain in the chest so had to stop taking. 

I thought I had overdone it so I let everything settle down and know that you have to be careful with LR so ordered some spearmint then started cycling :-

Day 1: LR morning and RC evening, 
Day 2 and 3: spearmint morning with RC in the evening.

Adding in a small amount of Progesterone gel every couple of days. 

Everything was going fine until after about 2 weeks when the pain came back suddenly overnight which I now know to be cronic indigestion. As I am on lansoprazole because of a hiatus hernia, after doing some research I have found RC does interact with most drugs processed in the liver including lansoprazole. So I am assuming it has been stopping this working properly.

So I am wondering first of all if anyone else has had this issue and how did they resolve? Also if I get some PM would I get a similar reaction or would it be better? I know PM is 'stronger' and has a different type of phytoestrogen and it is my goal to head to just want to know if anyone has any tips as I really don't want to have to give up at this early stage, but also don't want to spend the bucks getting PM in to get the same problems. 

Many thanks for reading and any advice greatly received.

(16-04-2018, 07:33 PM)Riccole Wrote:  Hi everyone,

This is my first post! I've been watching the boards for a while and a few weeks ago decided to take the jump! 

I know no one here is medically trained but I just wondered if anyone has come across this problem before or has any tips/advice.

As PM is tricky to get hold of in the UK and I wanted to 'test' the water, after reading copious notes and threads decided to settle on Red Clover along with a small dose of licorice root.

So I started taking a LR (swansons 450mg) capsule before evening meal and then a RC tablet (lindens 1000mg tablet) before bed as I read estrogen works better overnight. Then after a few days switched to taking the LR and RC in the morning before breakfast and the red clover at night. And all signs started to seem good. However within a week I started getting a pain in the chest so had to stop taking. 

I thought I had overdone it so I let everything settle down and know that you have to be careful with LR so ordered some spearmint then started cycling :-

Day 1: LR morning and RC evening, 
Day 2 and 3: spearmint morning with RC in the evening.

Adding in a small amount of Progesterone gel every couple of days. 

Everything was going fine until after about 2 weeks when the pain came back suddenly overnight which I now know to be cronic indigestion. As I am on lansoprazole because of a hiatus hernia, after doing some research I have found RC does interact with most drugs processed in the liver including lansoprazole. So I am assuming it has been stopping this working properly.

So I am wondering first of all if anyone else has had this issue and how did they resolve? Also if I get some PM would I get a similar reaction or would it be better? I know PM is 'stronger' and has a different type of phytoestrogen and it is my goal to head to just want to know if anyone has any tips as I really don't want to have to give up at this early stage, but also don't want to spend the bucks getting PM in to get the same problems. 

Many thanks for reading and any advice greatly received.

If by LR you mean licorice root, it's probably that.

OK I'll try cutting that out. Thanks! Wish me luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon