Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Heroes total bloody heroes

I offer my absolute respect and admiration to those amazing divers who rescued all the little ones and the coach from the Thailand caves
Every one deserves a medal

X

Julie

(10-07-2018, 08:59 PM)julieTG Wrote:  I offer my absolute respect and admiration to those amazing divers who rescued all the little ones and the coach from the Thailand caves

X

Julie

Except maybe no medal for the coach who took them in there to begin with!

(15-07-2018, 05:47 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  
(10-07-2018, 08:59 PM)julieTG Wrote:  I offer my absolute respect and admiration to those amazing divers who rescued all the little ones and the coach from the Thailand caves

X

Julie

Having survived Monsoon Season....  I can tell you one thing.  It can be blue skies and 100 degrees one minute, and then 3' of rain can dump on you in a 15 minute period.  So, don't be too quick to snap in judgement.  I look at it like this....  The local government should of known better than to leave such a cave system unattended or better yet.....  Gated up during the monsoon season.  After All, they would know best the topography and ease of danger under such conditions.  So, IMO, enough bashing the 13th victim.

(15-07-2018, 02:40 PM)Aria Wrote:  
(15-07-2018, 05:47 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  

X

Julie

Having survived Monsoon Season....  I can tell you one thing.  It can be blue skies and 100 degrees one minute, and then 3' of rain can dump on you in a 15 minute period.  So, don't be too quick to snap in judgement.  I look at it like this....  The local government should of known better than to leave such a cave system unattended or better yet.....  Gated up during the monsoon season.  After All, they would know best the topography and ease of danger under such conditions.  So, IMO, enough bashing the 13th victim.

I agree, weather can turn in a moment, and cause catastrophic results, and yes, it probably should have been a controlled access location. But the decision to go in, and then further in, resulted in the death of one of the rescuers.  Sure the diver knew the risks- so do police officers and firefighters who go to work everyday, expecting to return home at the end of their shift. But every year in the US hundreds of police and firefighters don't make it home again. 
But someone lost their life in the rescue efforts- while I'm grateful for all the efforts, I'm also saddened for the family that lost their father, husband, son etc. It would not surprise me if the adult in charge of the team is brought up on charges of some sort.
Climbing off of my soapbox now...

I have to give a lot of credit to the Thai people and there culture.
Imagine being stuck in a pitch black cold cave for 9 days with 12 sub teenagers.
I know that in the US they would all be dead in less than a day with out a cell phone to play with.
And somehow t would all be Trumps fault too.
So I bow deeply to the coach, the children, the rescue team and the Thai people.
Bobbi

Tbf
I don’t know the circumstances ref the coach, but they were considering bringing charges against him
Then his valiant behaviours off Set this

But without doubt the divers and rescue crews were incredible 
X

Julie

If you've ever seen The Descent, you might have a sense of the sheer claustrophobia that can experienced in a situation like this.

It appears they had gone further into the cave as that was their only option to survive.

I'm a news junkie, but this story made me cringe (every time) at what it must be like to have been trapped in the bowels of the earth.

If you want to have a sense of what that's like, watch the movie mentioned above...and that's even way before any "monsters" show up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSYg7Z1KS_I

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon