Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can Low Testosterone affect BO performance?

Okay, I have a question about BO and its effectiveness (or lack thereof!).

Since (as I understand it) the effect of BO is due to the fact that it induces aromatization (conversion of testosterone to estrogen).  So if you naturally have low testosterone, could that be a reason for it not "working"?

I've been on and off BO several times.  I've taken my temperature and I think I've got that right. But I basically don't see any results. No real emotional changes, no significant sensitivity, not more that maybe 1/4" of growth.  I'm not sure if I'm not taking enough (I was taking 2 capsules of Swanson's Ovarian Glandular inserted rectally, 3 times a day, combined with 1 capsule of Pituitary Glandular twice a day.) Or if I haven't stayed on it long enough.  Been on it a couple times, for up to a month at a time. I know that's not long enough to produce results, but it seems like I ought to see SOMETHING. Then I get a combination of being tired of not seeing any indication that it's doing anything and/or fear of being caught in the rabbit hole and wanting to back out, especially as I'm hiding this from my wife who has explicitly threatened to divorce me over my desire for breast growth.

But I've known for sometime that my natural testosterone was on the low side, at best, and wondered if that could be (part of) the reason it's not working?

This is a good question, and something I've wondered about, although with PM instead of BO.
The question might also be phrased as: does BO (and also PM) act as an estrogen, therefore not needing any T -> E2 conversion, or does it just act as a "push" towards aromatization and you still need T.

Rectally? I don't think Swanson bovine ovary is micronised... Typically only stuff that has small enough molecules works like boofed or under the tongue etc. Like what many do with progesterone. Does bovine ovary require liver metabolism to work? It might not do much down there, just a hunch as I have no idea about its molecules and how it absorbs the best, other than orally it definitely does work to those it does work.

The question about aromatase is interesting one. Afaik BO does have more to it than just that, but then again, more guesswork on my part. I wish there was more studies on this stuff to figure it all out better.

(26-09-2023, 05:51 PM)1HelloDiDi Wrote:  Rectally? I don't think Swanson bovine ovary is micronised... Typically only stuff that has small enough molecules works like boofed or under the tongue etc. Like what many do with progesterone. Does bovine ovary require liver metabolism to work? It might not do much down there, just a hunch as I have no idea about its molecules and how it absorbs the best, other than orally it definitely does work to those it does work.

The question about aromatase is interesting one. Afaik BO does have more to it than just that, but then again, more guesswork on my part. I wish there was more studies on this stuff to figure it all out better.

Hmmm.  Maybe that's why it hasn't worked!

There was another thread some time ago (as in a year or two) about PM being taken rectally.  The consensus (not necessarily knowledgeable) was that administering it rectally a) reduced the load on the liver and b) saved the 70% or so of potency that was filtered out by the liver. I thought the same would be true for BO, but I certainly am no authority and don't know if that's true or not.

My thoughts exactly. 

Swanson's BO is not designed for rectal. Follow the directions and maybe it will work for you.

Yep, typically the thing about rectal/buccal/sublingual adminstration is about the molecule size being suitable for that, which a lot of herbal etc., stuff is not. Then again some things might behave differently, with BO I would presume oral is the way to take it as that's how its intended to be used. Also its such a grey area, there's no absolute certainty what are the requirements for it to work. Best guesses are dose, core temperature and the existing hormone balance on which its taken.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon