Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Red Clover dosage and brand suggestions.

I've been using Fenugreek in combination with my other supplements, but I'd like to switch to Red Clover for a while to see if it's more or less effective.  So I'm looking for dosage suggestions and recommended brands or brands to stay away from.

Thanks!

Best regards,
ChuckM

Back when I was taking RC several years ago, it would upset my stomach. I didn't particularly like taking the capsules.

But, I used to use RC in my vegetable garden to help rejuvenate the my soil after the summer season because fruiting plants like tomatoes & peppers are heavy feeders. You can start out growing nightshades in the beginning of the season with really rich soil, and at the end of the season the dirt is in very poor condition.

After pulling up all the plants in August, I'd then sprinkle some red clover seeds and let them grow over the winter. You'd be amazed how Red Clover, (and other nitrogen fixing cover crops), can rejuvenate garden soil. It'll turn poor soil into rich dirt and it's just incredible to see.

That being said, once a day I'd go out to the garden and grab a handful of red clover to munch on. It really is very sweet to the taste! After a few days of this I could feel a tingling in my breast every time I ate fresh red clover. I wouldn't get this same effect when I was taking the capsules, presumably because it was as fresh as you can get. I could only eat one handful a day, because if I ate any more than that, I'd get an upset stomach.

So, I'm a big proponent of eating fresh RC vs capsules or tea. While RC Tea has a calming effect on me, I never really got any benefit from it. I purchase red clover seed from my local seed & feed store, but you can find it on Etsy & Amazon, but you'll pay a lot more from it and not get near the same amount.

If you have a poor patch of ground in your lawn, RC will definitely make your ground a lot richer because RC will pump nitrogen into the soil. Once I tried growing it in pots, but you really need a very large pot for it to do well. RC is very easy to grow. The seed germinates well, and it tolerates cold conditions. Plus, you're growing your own NBE Herbs!

As far as supplement brands go, I'd stay away from the cheaper brands, but that's just me.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon