Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Dissapointed with growth on hrt, best way to increase igf-1?

So I've been on hrt for the past 6 months. I have been loving what it's been doing to my body, but breast growth has been really disappointing. So I've been looking into supplements that might be able to help.

From what I have been reading igf-1 seems to be really important for breast growth. And since igf-1 is highest during puberty and lowers with age, this might be the reason many trans women have less breast growth compared to cis woman, since most transition later in life.

One drug called mk677 seems to be able to increase igf-1, is this a good place to start? Or am i completely off base, honestly all these different supplements are confusing me lol

Also I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place, please tell me if I'm doing something wrong :)

ask didi. She is a expert here.

(09-11-2023, 12:37 PM)Gabrielle Wrote:  ask didi. She is a expert here.

Alright. I'm new to this, should I send a dm or something?

I'll let Lara jump in here and add to this, but I don't think you can get any better boost in GH/IGF-1 than you can from High Intensity Interval Training Workouts, coupled with Intermittent Fasting.

I'd advise to do a site search any of the above search terms for previous research already posted about MK677 & GH/IGF-1. Do a thread search (at the bottom of each thread) in the Project-X thread by Lotus.

Lotus has written extensively about NBE/HRT, GH/IGF-1 & MK-677 in the past as well. I believe that Lotus has said that combing Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3 will boost IGF-1.

My brief experience with MK677 was that it makes you Hungry AF, which means it's triggering the hunger hormone Ghrelin. When you get to that level of hunger, the body "thinks" it's starving, and then it releases GH. The same trigger happens with Intermittent Fasting.

It's my understanding that MK677 can only be obtained for (cough-cough), "research purposes", and it's fairly expensive at that.

I recently read a web-post by the famous Transgender Doctor Will Powers, where he said that you cannot duplicate the results of GH by taking supplements than you can by intense exercise & intermittent fasting.

While I'm no expert here, I always do like to advise doing a specific term search within the Project-X thread by Lotus, as you'll most likely always find a detailed answer in there.

Also, if you're just starting out on HRT, it's fairly normal to see a slow down in breast growth around this time frame of your program, as HRT is working it's Magic elsewhere in the body.

Lastly, while I'm no gym rat, I have noticed a growth spurt in the past after intense work in my vegetable garden hauling bags of compost, hand tilling the soil and moving grow-tubs around. So, intense physical activity does help boost IGF-1.

Best of luck to you.

Ok so here's some ideas on IGF-1, Lotus has the science down but here's what I've found to work.

Vitamin D3, decent dose, no fooling around 200-300mcg per day. GABA elevates HGH and things that do, tend to help with growth factors as that's what growth hormone deals with, so anything that boosts HGH will help with growth factors. AS Stevenator said, HIIT style exercise is awesome for this, note that GABA can give up to 400% increase to growth hormone during and after exercise.

For HGH and thus growth factors, D3 and MSM combination is known to work well, GABA and L-tyrosine are nice for this too, but note that too high doses might cause anxiety etc. so keep doses moderate. 500-1000mg for L-tyrosine, 750-1500mg for GABA. But exercise is absolutely your friend on this. Then there are some other things to boost IGF-1 which might not be smart to go on, MK677 is known to be effective but its quite extreme, also DHEA but orally taken it might cause you androgen symptoms and you don't want that, but topically its a different story.

I've been on D3 + MSM combo for ages and its helpful, both GABA and L-tyrosine are nice additions, GABA also elevates prolactin which might help with boobs also, so keep that in mind. Its also cheap and easy to get. If you combine these supplements and exercise, that's like the ultimate way of getting everything out of it outside of pharma stuff. Its also safe and healthy when you don't overdo any of it. Big Grin

(09-11-2023, 02:15 PM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  I'll let Lara jump in here and add to this, but I don't think you can get any better boost in GH/IGF-1 than you can from High Intensity Interval Training Workouts, coupled with Intermittent Fasting.

I'd advise to do a site search any of the above search terms for previous research already posted about MK677 & GH/IGF-1. Do a thread search (at the bottom of each thread) in the Project-X thread by Lotus.

Lotus has written extensively about NBE/HRT, GH/IGF-1 & MK-677 in the past as well. I believe that Lotus has said that combing Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3 will boost IGF-1.

My brief experience with MK677 was that it makes you Hungry AF, which means it's triggering the hunger hormone Ghrelin. When you get to that level of hunger, the body "thinks" it's starving, and then it releases GH. The same trigger happens with Intermittent Fasting.

It's my understanding that MK677 can only be obtained for (cough-cough), "research purposes", and it's fairly expensive at that.

I recently read a web-post by the famous Transgender Doctor Will Powers, where he said that you cannot duplicate the results of GH by taking supplements than you can by intense exercise & intermittent fasting.

While I'm no expert here, I always do like to advise doing a specific term search within the Project-X thread by Lotus, as you'll most likely always find a detailed answer in there.

Also, if you're just starting out on HRT, it's fairly normal to see a slow down in breast growth around this time frame of your program, as HRT is working it's Magic elsewhere in the body.

Lastly, while I'm no gym rat, I have noticed a growth spurt in the past after intense work in my vegetable garden hauling bags of compost, hand tilling the soil and moving grow-tubs around. So, intense physical activity does help boost IGF-1.

Best of luck to you.

(09-11-2023, 02:39 PM)HelloDiDi Wrote:  Ok so here's some ideas on IGF-1, Lotus has the science down but here's what I've found to work.

Vitamin D3, decent dose, no fooling around 200-300mcg per day. GABA elevates HGH and things that do, tend to help with growth factors as that's what growth hormone deals with, so anything that boosts HGH will help with growth factors. AS Stevenator said, HIIT style exercise is awesome for this, note that GABA can give up to 400% increase to growth hormone during and after exercise.

For HGH and thus growth factors, D3 and MSM combination is known to work well, GABA and L-tyrosine are nice for this too, but note that too high doses might cause anxiety etc. so keep doses moderate. 500-1000mg for L-tyrosine, 750-1500mg for GABA. But exercise is absolutely your friend on this. Then there are some other things to boost IGF-1 which might not be smart to go on, MK677 is known to be effective but its quite extreme, also DHEA but orally taken it might cause you androgen symptoms and you don't want that, but topically its a different story.

I've been on D3 + MSM combo for ages and its helpful, both GABA and L-tyrosine are nice additions, GABA also elevates prolactin which might help with boobs also, so keep that in mind. Its also cheap and easy to get. If you combine these supplements and exercise, that's like the ultimate way of getting everything out of it outside of pharma stuff. Its also safe and healthy when you don't overdo any of it. Big Grin

Wow thank you both, looks like you have given me a lot of good information! I am probably going to start with some strength training and see where I go from there. I got a little spooked on mk677 since some people say you could get acromegaly from using it?? Which is obviously really scary.. Even if it's rare. I might try some supplements after a while, vitamin d sounds like a good idea, i probably need that during the winter anyway lol

I would steer clear of MK677, its known to work and its very potent stuff, but maybe even too much so? Obviously more natural methods work too, not as strong but at least exercise and some supplements to aid it are safe and can have over all health benefits on the side of helping breast development.

I strongly suggest the D3 + MSM combo and GABA, latter especially taken before sleep and before or right after exercise to get the most out of it. It has quite short half life so taking one within an hour or so before exercise might be a good bet. I've taken it many times just before heading out for walk or what ever I have planned for the day.

You're welcome . . . .

Apparently Ibutamoren is a research chemical, and MK-677 is classified by the FDA as an “Investigational New Drug” and is not approved for human use..

Besides all the legal hoops, and sketchy aspects of it all, I'd just avoid it personally. The paths laid out above are known to work, so I'd just stick with them.

Best of Luck to you.

6 months is kind of early still. Another major factor in breast growth is overall body fat %.

Don't know if this is your situation, but if you are below average body fat %, you might want to consider changing that. If your hormone levels are in the right range, fat will likely go to the breasts and thighs rather than mostly to the stomach area.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon