Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Health Issues

Hello members,

I have had a few messages from members asking questions about my health and why am I stopping herbs and why this and why that, so I thought tell the world, not that some of you may not be interested but here goes.

Over the months I was getting some bad side effects from herbs so I tried HRT and again some bad side efects, this all came to a head in February 20 when I was diagnosed with bells palsy which is a serious facial paralysis it is graded 1 - 4, I had grade 4 the most serious.

After steroids and other meds and MRI things have started to improve, October just gone i was assessed again and it is now at grade 3, the best it will get to is grade 2, I will never due to my age get any better than 2.

Ok moving on, I was also having scrotal pain and the doctors were concerned because my bloods were up and down, my T was virually non existant, then things took a turn for the worse I was crippled with pain, my testicles was throbbing, after various tests it was discovered that even though I had stopped PM I was still taking Red R, my T levels was down to near zero (bit more to it than this but wont bore you)

Again tests discovered I have what is called VARICOCELE which basically means vericose veins accross both testicles, this also causes testosterone issues, add that to the REd R it was causing massive issues.

At my age of nearly 69 (January 2024) there is no cure, and that is not good because it also effects other things like mood swings and eratic behaviour in men who have this problem, it is very simular to a male menopause.

So that is me, hence not taking herbs anymore and just sticking to HRT because my T is low enough.

Thanks to the members who have been in contact, hope this explain my problems and to Jennifer thanks sorry I did not keep in touch.

Take care all
Yours with love
Liz
xxxx

Sorry to hear of your medical issues will testical  removal solve your pain problem since they are not producing T anyway?

Hi Niaja,

To answer your question, I hav espoken to the doctors who agree in principal but here in the UK they do not like doing it unless it can or has turned cancerous, stupid stiff upper lip British NHS.

I have been told to come back in 3 months to be rechecked, that said it is not something I would like to rush into, the old saying, when they are gone they are gone, cannot at a later date say Ooops.

As I type this they are tingling and its not a nice feeling but I will do as the doctors say.
Liz
xx

(16-11-2023, 11:15 AM)LizW55 Wrote:  Again tests discovered I have what is called VARICOCELE which basically means vericose veins accross both testicles, this also causes testosterone issues, add that to the REd R it was causing massive issues.

At my age of nearly 69 (January 2024) there is no cure, and that is not good because it also effects other things like mood swings and eratic behaviour in men who have this problem, it is very simular to a male menopause.

Sorry to hear about your health issues Liz.

Regarding the VARICOCELE, I've read that some Horse Chestnut tablets may treat it (but there might be health complications).

https://examine.com/supplements/horse-chestnut/

I bought some tablets a few years ago and was scared to try it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon