Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Building a health info repository

There's too much info on this forum!  (not a bad thing itself Big Grin)

Is anyone else building their own repository of medical / herbal information to make sense of so many posts over the years?

I've started dumping some of the info from posts about herbs and biological processes into an app I use, so that I can make connections between hormones and specific herbs. It gives me a connection graph and links forward/backward.

For example, I've now found that Pygeum has the effect of reducing Prolactin - something that I can now group / find by a tag I created, if I find other herbs or supplements that reduce it as well (to avoid them or to intentionally consume them, depending on what I want to do).

First attach shows just the prolactin reducing effect tag, and the second attach shows the zoomed-out view of all the nodes I've added so far, all the herbs and hormones relating to NBE.

Edit: I wasnt clear but clicking on each node, opens a page where you can put text and images in.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The graph is expanding in size as I add more info.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is actually a cool idea... I could totally find this very useful, I have a text file with bunch of random notes I've been saving during the years, but this sort of thing could help to make so much sense to it all and have easy access to everything. I would find this so helpful, my memory is like Swiss cheese, I keep forgetting details about all this hormone sorcery and its hard to find everything again.

This is indeed a good idea. Shy
I asked Lotus to do two summaries. one for NBE, one for HRT. But she didn't have the chance, and the strength to do it must no longer be there. Crying

We think very much of her. Heart

Kisses Kiss

Jennifer Hug

(13-01-2024, 12:39 PM)HelloDiDi Wrote:  I have a text file with bunch of random notes I've been saving during the years, but this sort of thing could help to make so much sense to it all and have easy access to everything. I would find this so helpful, my memory is like Swiss cheese, I keep forgetting details about all this hormone sorcery and its hard to find everything again.

This is precisely the reason why I started using this tool last year for my non-NBE notes. The application is: https://obsidian.md/ and it works on text files in the Markdown format.

(11-01-2024, 11:42 AM)prostatenipple Wrote:  There's too much info on this forum! 
Is anyone else building their own repository of information to make sense of so many posts over the years?

I just do a keyword search on the Project-X thread if I ever have any questions. I'm curious if you plan on publishing or cross-posting your app? That must be quite the undertaking! I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into your new venture.

I have found it easier just to add stuff into my text file... Its everything from all over the place, then just search what I need to remember from there, much shorter than gazillions of of posts to dig through with similar search results. But a map like structure I think is way better for storing information.

(14-01-2024, 12:44 PM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  
(11-01-2024, 11:42 AM)prostatenipple Wrote:  There's too much info on this forum! 
Is anyone else building their own repository of information to make sense of so many posts over the years?

I just do a keyword search on the Project-X thread if I ever have any questions. I'm curious if you plan on publishing or cross-posting your app? That must be quite the undertaking! I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into your new venture.

I wish I could take credit for the app, but I didn't write it, and millions of people use it worldwide.
It's just a different way to store and represent data, and to draw links to the data.

(14-01-2024, 06:31 PM)prostatenipple Wrote:  I wish I could take credit for the app, but millions of people use it worldwide.
It's just a different way to store and to draw links to the data.

This is really very interesting. I haven't been following your research very closely. What's the app that you're using?

It's not my research.

This is a Personal Knowledge Management tool. There are several that people use, some use Notion, some use Word/Google docs, some use text file notes, some use Roam Research, some use Evernote, some use Microsoft OneNote. They all look different and some people get on better with some of these rather than the other.

From Google:
"Personal knowledge management (PKM) is a process of collecting information that a person uses to gather, classify, store, search, retrieve and share knowledge in their daily activities (Grundspenkis 2007) and the way in which these processes support work activities (Wright 2005)."

The one I am using for this is, Obsidian: https://obsidian.md/

The app is written by other people and is free. It's just some software. You use it to create text files that contain your text in the Markdown format (https://www.markdownguide.org/getting-started/) that lots of software developers use and know about. The files are mostly readable by a human but have extra syntax on them, which lets Obsidian link the files together.

What you put inside the text files are up to you (my main folder has everything from finances to computers and house related info in it).

I've mainly been looking through the pages on this forum and pasting it into the files I have - so that I don't have to search for these informations again in the future all over again - the lovely people like Lotus are the real ones that did the research.

I hope that helps shine the light on this a bit better.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon