Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lotus: 5ar inhibitor use to lower DHT causes low libido?

Hi Lotus Hug 

Just been looking over some DHT notes you did a while ago.

You are basically saying (forgive me, not had a chance to read it all) that we should use 5-ar inhibitors to lower DHT, so we have more estrogen for NBE, and more free T for libido.

But I've heard (and possibly experienced myself) post-finesteride syndrome (me: via pygeum) that dropped my libido to an extreme level. Nothing but anecdotal evidence sadly.

What might be the mechanism for this? Your notes and some reading I've done in the past suggest this should be ok - decrease DHT, increase free T, and you get more libido. But some people suggest that higher DHT is better for libido (I've experienced much larger flacid hangs after a few days/weeks of Butea Suberba, which is supposed to increase DHT), and there are some people (mostly on Reddit) that say that DHT is not needed in the male body at all past puberty.

Would be fascinated by your thoughts.   Blush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon