Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

It's going to be cold this week, y'all!

(17-01-2024, 07:06 PM)Avign0n4090 Wrote:  DiDi, if your dog has age-related arthritis, they now have monthly shots for both dogs and cats that basically alleviate the pain from the condition, so that they can move much easier.  We started one of our two cats on them two months ago, as he could barely hop up on anything over a foot tall, and now he's bounding around like a kitten.

We don't have the money to help my dog... He moves ok considering his condition, but there's not much we can do and he's alright most days. Just sleeping a lot and we can't walk very far. I'm way too stressed and fucked up mentally to even think of this really and there is no money for anything. As long as he goes out to do his business, eats and drinks and the steps at the front door aren't too much, its all good. Also, he does not seem depressed like he was after his legs got fixed and he was really weak... I guess the good thing is that the poor puppy is such a princess that he WILL cry a lot if he's in pain.

And yes he's getting a lot of love and attention every day. I have no idea how long time he has left. Its obvious he's slowing down, ewll acting like old dogs do. Sad

Stevenator, Finns are kinda strange about it. At the same time people don't know their neighbours a lot of times and don't want people to poke into their business.... But then they never leave friends behind. Oh and random passed out drunk during winter, they will help, no question about it because not helping means that person is going to freeze to death. Its a weird mix of being grumpy stoic introverts and looking after each other in ways that a lot of people wouldn't. I guess its what living in harsh climate in a country of very low population density does. (Only actually oppulated area is south concentrated around Helsinki.)

I'm in Az. So right now we're dealing with mid 60s maybe low 70s during the day and 40s at night. Not too shabby. But don't get me wrong the summer months which is about 3.5 months can be very brutal. This past year we broke a record and was above 110 for 31 days straight or something like that.most days are 115, sometimes we reach into the 120s. But those days tend to happen around mid July to Aug. I'd say it's a decent trade off. 3 months of hell for 9 months of nice weather and temps.

It's going to be round two of the arctic blast for us starting tonight. This is very unusual for us here in the Southeast.

Last summer was also unusually hot here in the regard that we had temps pushing 100° and the humidity & dew point specifically was in the high 90's as well. It made it very difficult to breathe, as you were literally shedding pounds of water weight at the same time. It sucked.

They came up with a new term for that situation and I've already forgotten it, but it described the condition of high heat temperatures combined with high dew point, and the body literally can't sweat enough to cool you and they pronounced it a life threatening situation. I spent 22 years of my career loading airplanes, and I know suffocating heat, but there was something really strange about last August here.

Last summer the heat was an often topic and I saw a story out of Atlanta about 4 out of the 5 hottest days on record there was in 1980. It's a summer that I'll never forget because my Grandfather made me run laps around his 20 acre farm to prepare for playing college football as I had moved from NC to live with him as I was going to attend college in GA.

10-15 years ago, I used to spend two weeks every June in Las Vegas, so I am familiar with the heat in the desert SW. It can get 115° with 20+mph winds. It's like living in a hair dryer. I remember one summer in the 80's where we had almost a full week that planes couldn't take-off from PHX because of the thin air & high heat causes a loss of lift on aircraft.

Arctic blasts are unusual here for us, and it's distressing tbh. I had to harvest my brassicas early and I might lose my carrots. I've got about 300 in the ground.

Another weird thing about this upcoming week was the forecasted conditions we're going to be 15°F with 0°F wind chill and a few days later they said it was going to be 75°F. They've since revised it down to 67°F. Weird swings, for certain sure.

Anyway, I hope everyone affected gets through this week unscathed.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon