Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mental Health

(14-04-2024, 06:44 PM)IanW55 Wrote:  Hello, Sorry for the delay elling you what happens next, my reason for this I wanted to think about how to put it into words, I will do this over the next few days, but before i do I need to post this.

I as I explained there were links to sites that I will not list because it was really about me and if I started to list them you will not understand because what I have told you so far is a short of version.

Now that said I do not know if anyone on here has seen this chart showing the decline of male testosterone levels as we age, if you have then fair enough. As I fall into the nearly 70 bracket then my T is very low, also add that to my problems  my T is virtuallly non existant, I hav ejust had bloods done when the results are back it will be interesting.
Anyway have a look at this.

Note, If Lotus (sage of this forum) sees this she may be able to explain it properly, bit out of my depth on this one.

Here's a chart that lists levels by age numerically. 
https://www.menshormonalhealth.com/norma...evels.html

(17-04-2024, 03:14 AM)wInzIg316 Wrote:  Here's a chart that lists levels by age numerically. 
https://www.menshormonalhealth.com/norma...evels.html

Simple averages might not be the best reference guide. The chart on this page shows a wide variation in observed T scores by age and is somewhat in conflict for the simple graphic Ian linked to.

The only T test I had done was a year or so ago shortly after stopping Dutasteride - prescribed for BPH. As a 69 yo at the time (with ongoing ED issues) my result came back 23.6 nmol/L - (680 ng/dL) which seemed high according to some charts. However since Dutasteride blocks conversion of T to DHT I assume the T reading may have read higher than it otherwise might have.

In any case my GP didn't really seem interested, he said a single isolated test was not of value, any conclusive result would require several tests over a number of months to determine a normal level for me.

In the meantime I've been trying different herbals for Prostate health that are mostly antiandrogens. I can't really say what effect they are having on me, physically or mentally.

I do not want everyone to get bogged down with T levels, the pictorial chart I added was a general guide that was given to me to show that part of my problems is partially down to my T dropping due to age.

It was a guide not a definitive accurate assesment, only a blood tests will determine what my T is, she along with Dr T were trying to explain that depreciating T levels has a direct correlation with my state of mind, and a direct part to my desire for breasts.

In addition every persons levels will change and in some cases may not change for years, also other countries have ways of displaying T figures.

All I am trying do is tell you my story and with luck will help others if they have simular problems, because reading others problems might help you, so please do not bog this thread down with discussions about T levels.

Should you wish to talk abot Hormone levels please open another thread

Thank you

I'm sorry for interrupting your narrative with unnecessary distractions Ian. The openness and honesty of your story is amazing and very much appreciated.
Just letting you know we're out here following your journey and wishing you strength.

Take care.

Part Sixteen Gender Dysphoria (GD)

Well, this is my last post on this subject, it has been very tough, a lot of tears have been shed and pain from deep dark places, skeletons have come out of the cupboard to haunt me again, but I believe that I haveunder control.

I am a little wiser, Claire gave me loads of information, links to sites and handouts (forgot to mention that). But I do know one thing I believe Claire is correct in her diagnosis in that I am more Intergender than being one or the other if that makes sense.

C: How are you feeling about our last session, do you feel calmer. M: I now believe with what you and Dr T: have told I think I am just a man that wants breasts, how that has come about is still a mystery, but I have learnt a lot.

C: After you last session we both discussed your case in greater detail, Dr T: is still of a mind that it stems from your youth, but without further tests called Karyotyping Chromosome tests , which are very expensive then no definitive diagnosis can be made. He also says that your hormone imbalance is also playing a significant role in your thought process which I confer, this is a leading factor in your case.

I gave you a handout showing the decline of Testosterone by age it is only an indication a guide of what it may look like, but as he said your tests results show levels below that range. Every person’s levels are different as we discussed yours could have been higher but as it stands yours is lower, this will play a part in your reasoning and your cognitive behaviour.

C: Have you talked it over with you wife and family, if you have what was their reaction.
M: I will start with my daughter who has been a nurse for over 25 years, she says it is a medical condition, whatever you decide I will support you, no matter what you look like, inside you are my dad, I found this very moving.
As for my wife, she is 66, she finds this strange and does not fully understand, she knows I have a problem and does not know how to help. Ironically, she says if I fully transgender then the marriage ends there and then, but she also does not want me walking around with massive boobs.

C: Ok how do you feel about that.
M: Not sure but my instincts tell me just get on with it and let fate decide, if I do feel the that I want to go all in then she has a decision, its not what I want but life is life, I am nearly 70 and I do not know how long I have got on this planet, I want the remaining years to be content.

C: Have you come to a decision yet as you say time is against you or are you still unsure.
M: Yes, I am going to grow breasts, I have been in touch with an organisation who will help me

C: At this moment you just want to be intergender, I am glad that you are using a recognised organisation to help you, doing it yourself is fraught with danger. Who are you getting help from.

M: I told Claire what it entails and who they are, if you are interested then please google
https://www.edennew.life

They have been very informative and extremely helpful, I feel very confident that they understand my needs, but only time will tell.

C: Now how do you cope with those who will obviously stare or ridicule you, this will be very difficult for you as I found that as you have got older you have become more sensitive so let’s take it one step at a time. There is no right way or wrong way, but you must never put yourself be confrontational situation to do so will bring more abuse and the situation could escalate to a point of violence.
Gawkers, look at them and smile, they tend to look away and feel awkward with themselves, never say to them have you got a problem, that is a direct threat and you do not want that.
Smile and nod in their direction, smiling, more often than not has a disarming effect. Say hello and ask them can I help you, that also calms things down, don’t say have you got a problem that is confrontational.

Trans abuse, If someone is confronting you, just come out and tell them, yes, I am a transgender person, and I am proud of it. They normally will back off, but if they don’t then ask them do you understand what it means, I am more than happy to talk to you.

C: As we discussed in previous sessions the average brain is still primitive and that brain needs knowledge, the key is not to allow yourself to get visibly upset like the school bully, you need to smile and think one day they will understand.

The only difference is the fool and bigot who will not let it go, if possible, surround yourself with other people who might assist you, go into a shop or a place where there are other people and ask them to ring the police.

Whatever you do not get it into your head that you are at fault, you are a person who like everyone else deserves respect, remember we talked about body dysmorphia, look in the mirror and be proud of your achievement.

You may feel depressed, may I suggest you join a local LGBT group who like you may be going through or have been through what you are going through, the community will certainly give you sound valuable advice based on their experiences.

I hope that I have not bored you, the sessions have been a great help and helped me decide about going ahead with breast growth but under medical supervision.

Stay safe
Ian

Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I am still reading it only just got to part 7 but I wanted to say I'm glad you decided to finish your story. I have not but recently found your thread and your story and I think you captivated a lot of people. I am captivated by your story and I usually don't want to post or interrupt the person telling the story until the end. And I feel that's what most people were doing was trying to let you finish your story without too much interruption or side comments. 

I do see how it could be taken as a lack of interest but I also just found your story and I've been a member on this forum for maybe a year now. There's so much on this forum and so many different threads and topics it's impossible to see them all. Especially when some threads are over 200 or 300 pages long. 

Anyways I'm still reading your story and still very am captivated by what you have to say and share I am glad you decided to share your story as I know it will help a lot of people with their own issues and demons.

I want to say thank you Ian for finishing your story, I hope you have found inner peace, it has certainly helped me.
D x

Extra.

I forgot to add this final part about one of the sessions I had.

I believe that every one on this wonderful site will at some point gone through this and possibly still going through it.

Mirror,mirror on the wall.

Those who relate to Transgender, Intersex, Non-Binary all have one thing in common, they have a very intimate relationship with mirrors, a small one or full-length ones, the ironic thing is the larger the mirror the more you see and then it hits home, it is if the mirror speaks to you.

It's a funny relationship trans people have with the mirror, one moment you see yourself than one moment you see someone else, its like a total stranger, sometimes you love what you see and sometimes you hate it.

Do you hate the mirror or the reflection coming back at you, it can be very intimidating to the point it can frighten you, then you start to question your gender. In that moment self-doubt creeps in to your mind, you start to doubt yourself or become paranoid which in turn can lead to mental distress. (Been there)

I went full circle back to the original diagnosis that I suffer from two issues, Body Dysmorphia and Gender Dysphoria, now I have an interesting relationship with mirrors, my self-image doesn't always line up with the reflection, but I now tell it, I like what I see I am what I am, the sessions have helped me a lot and I now cope with it.

One other point, for those who like me who had issues with the mirror, how many of you saw an image of your mother or sister, because as we develop and change are we morphing into something akin to our family, (ok not all) but is that genetics, I leave that one for you to consider.

I hope that if the world looks bad and evil and you are unsure, all I can say keep safe and please do not suffer alone, there are many poeple on here and organisations who can help, I found it hard but I went through the door and I am a better person for it, I am not cured as there is no cure, I have just learned how to deal with it.

Thank you, Ian, for bareing your soul and sharing your thoughts with us. I can relate to so much of your journey but could not begin to express it so eloquently. 

Love and hugs,  Hug
Huckleberrywine

Nature Nurture argument is that mental illness, addictions, gender, sexual preference are both genetic and learned/societal/environmental. If you are approaching your true self of sexual preference and gender I found support groups, medical doctors, and improving my environment can help. For example, I have Bipolar and had Depression for many years and knew I was nonbinary bisexual.   Medical help of talk therapy, medicine and changing my environment helped me. Part of my environment is my relationships, plus where I live having support groups, and having social opportunities in the LGTBQ clubs. I need a Psychologist a Psychiatrist, a DBSA group (Depression Bipolar Support Association), online support groups Plume, Healthfulchat, and chat groups in my health plan. I need a partner relationship that helps supports and agrees with me in my development.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon