Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How does PM effect muscle growth from working out?

I guess its going to be different for each person, but is it fair to say that I can expect heavily reduced muscle growth if I workout while on PM?

(04-03-2024, 04:30 AM)spookyhotdog Wrote:  I guess its going to be different for each person, but is it fair to say that I can expect heavily reduced muscle growth if I workout while on PM?

I would definitely expect stalled muscle growth.  The phytoestrogens will bind to androgen receptor sites that you would want available for binding T and DHT, for muscle hypertrophy.  I would expect to have to double down on hypertrophy stimulus, just to maintain what you have.

If you take enough PM + anti-androgen for long enough to grow boobs, you will lose muscle mass.  I think working out with weights real hard boosts your T-level high enough to reduce the effectiveness of the PM.   

I prefer cycling on and off of PM.   I find I get more breast growth when I am not lifting hard ( and eating a surplus of calories ).   Then when I go off of it,  I lift hard and naturally lose weight/gain muscle.  Each cycle I seem to retain a bit more on my chest hips and butt, yet still have quite a bit more muscle then most men.   When shirtless,  I am told I look like a female power-lifter.  I feel I am an outlier here as one that wants both boobs and brawn.

My experience is based on 8+ years of NBE/HRT, but I'm sure my loss of muscle accelerated with four years of HRT.

I feel like my thighs are jelly. They look more like a woman's than a man's. I can make a muscle with my bicep and feel it, but my thighs? They're jelly.

While I absolutely love the way they look, my physical stamina plummeted over the last few years. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I adore my now weak body lol.

I'm pretty thin since I don't work out so I'm worried about what losing any of the muscle that I do have would do.

(13-03-2024, 02:51 AM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  While I absolutely love the way they look, my physical stamina plummeted over the last few years. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I adore my now weak body lol.

I keep starting a NBE program,  feel great, even euphoric when I start to see and feel changes.     Then I realize I am weaker, not as competitive, and more prone to injury in the sports that I play.    It gets to the point I feel I have to stop NBE to regain my strength and stamina.  Rinse and repeat, each time going a bit further down path.  

At times, I wish I could just totally let go and go all in with NBE or even HRT.   But feel  I can't do that at this point in my life...  yet

(04-03-2024, 04:30 AM)spookyhotdog Wrote:  I guess its going to be different for each person, but is it fair to say that I can expect heavily reduced muscle growth if I workout while on PM?

I have also an observation of some muscle power loss: I was today at work going  the steps up two floors, and noticed it in my legs. Earlier that kind of short climb wasn't causing any noticeable feeling in my leg muscles. My NBE program / PM is a plausible explanation to that unexpected weakening. However, I'm just now on boobies-growing cup A to B -mode, so can't do much about it. Maybe later, maybe not. It looks like many people here want to go on, beyond their initial targets. Sort of breast-addiction, and priority is then on feminine features over masculine strength Wink
-Teddy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon