Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Check on this cream please? Progesterone / Wild Yam

Hi
I have this cream on my ebay watch list: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386756125222

I asked the seller about the ingredients, this is what I got told:

"De Ionized Water, Caprylic/Triglycerides, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Monostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, 2 Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, wild yam extract"

What do people think about this? I don't like how there's no info on the wild yam extract, and whether it's USP.
Is it worth buying?
Some other products are pills, the main ingredient is mexican wild yam.

I don't think I have budded, there's no point getting it?

(06-04-2024, 12:12 PM)prostatenipple Wrote:  Hi
I have this cream on my ebay watch list: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386756125222

"De Ionized Water, Caprylic/Triglycerides, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Monostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, 2 Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, wild yam extract"

What do people think about this? I don't like how there's no info on the wild yam extract, and whether it's USP.
Is it worth buying?

My personal opinion:  Looks like over-priced snake oil.
Wild yam isn't progesterone, and body can't convert it  to progesterone. I wouldn't buy anything if the ingredient list doesn't include something like "bioidentical progesterone" or has "USP". 

The raw material may be wild yam, but a chemical processing with many steps is required to make it to an active hormone.

-Teddy

(06-04-2024, 09:16 PM)Teddy Wrote:  
(06-04-2024, 12:12 PM)prostatenipple Wrote:  Hi

Is it worth buying?

My personal opinion:  Looks like over-priced snake oil.
Wild yam isn't progesterone, and body can't convert it  to progesterone. I wouldn't buy anything if the ingredient list doesn't include something like "bioidentical progesterone" or has "USP". 

The raw material may be wild yam, but a chemical processing with many steps is required to make it to an active hormone.

-Teddy

Yeah that's why I did not buy yet.
Very hard to get any real progesterone in the UK.

(06-04-2024, 09:16 PM)Teddy Wrote:  My personal opinion:  Looks like over-priced snake oil.

-Teddy

This above  Smile

All progesterone (produced outside of the body-aka- exogenously) starts from plant (e.g. soy or wild yam). To get it to bioidentical progesterone (or USP) those plants have to be further synthesized to achieve that tag of "USP and Bioidentical".

You may be able to make some progress without Progesterone, just keeping your PM and AA levels up.
Can you get BO in the UK? That could be another option, if you are looking for transition.

Karen  Heart

P.S.

Years ago, I seem to remember making progress with a 4:3:1 mix of Fenugreek, Milk Thistle, Fennel.
Daily dose was 800mg Fenugreek, 600mg Milk Thistle, 200mg Fennel.
This was a commercial blend for Mother's Milk production.
I remember having a high opinion of it at the time.
That was before I ever knew about Progesterone.

Without progesterone you'll make little progress.

You can get BO in the UK via iHerb

Progesterone cream that may be better than the Yam one may be this:

Wellsprings

Also available in the UK

contents list:
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Progesterone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Xanthan Gum

Lotus may be able to advise better if it's any good or not.

(08-04-2024, 03:18 AM)Karen Hart Wrote:  You may be able to make some progress without Progesterone, just keeping your PM and AA levels up.
Can you get BO in the UK? That could be another option, if you are looking for transition.

Karen  Heart

P.S.

Years ago, I seem to remember making progress with a 4:3:1 mix of Fenugreek, Milk Thistle, Fennel.
Daily dose was 800mg Fenugreek, 600mg Milk Thistle, 200mg Fennel.
This was a commercial blend for Mother's Milk production.
I remember having a high opinion of it at the time.
That was before I ever knew about Progesterone.

Thanks. Is that because any of those ingredients have progesterone?
The notes I have on Fennel is that it increases Prolactin production.

(08-04-2024, 06:00 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Without progesterone you'll make little progress.

Oh that surprises me, because I read on this forum that progesterone is to be used only after budding, and that using it before, will stop budding from happening.

(08-04-2024, 08:25 AM)LisaM Wrote:  You can get BO in the UK via iHerb

Progesterone cream that may be better than the Yam one may be this:

Wellsprings

Also available in the UK

contents list:
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Progesterone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Xanthan Gum

Lotus may be able to advise better if it's any good or not.

Thanks Lisa! Smile Heart

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon