Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

? about progesterone dominance

Hi all! I have been quietly reading all of this wonderful info for several months now and have started to come up with a program. I don't mean to bother anyone, but I can't seem to figure this one out on my own. From taking the hormonal (im)balance test posted by waxingmoon I've decided I'm most likely high in estrogen w/ insufficient progesterone. This is prob a stupid ?, but does this mean I should avoid herbs like hops, fenugreek, and fennel; or should I supplement my program with something like vitex (if so, would this be taken at the same time as the estrogenic herbs or cyclically)? I started (on Jan 1st) a program that includes borage oil, hops, fennel, fenugreek, avena sativa, alfalfa and flaxseed and have def noticed my boobs have gotten a little firmer/bigger--now I'm just wondering if it's only because of the massage I've started as well--that maybe the herbs I'm taking are hurting rather than helping? I know this was a lengthy post, but would appreciate any input that I could get back! Thanks so much in advance!

I think you might find that some of us will have different opinions on this one, but I can only give mine based on my experience, since I've been down the estrogen dominance road. I personally think it is best to get the hormones balanced and stable before beginning to increase the estrogen load for NBE. If you are estrogen dominant, depending on the severity, adding more estrogen could be one heck of a roller coaster.

Even though I had mine pretty much under control when I started, I still on occasion am reminded how easily and quickly my hormones can shift and will have to add in a regiment of progesterone cream to get things ironed back out again.

Sorry. I wish I could just tell you to go ahead and try and see what happens, but I really feel getting estrogen dominance under control is a pretty important thing in the long run of a womans health.

You might do some research and find some options that you feel comfortable with trying in a slow pace and see what happens, but do be very vigilant in paying attention to what your body is telling you if you do.

Or better yet, maybe some of the gals that did the herbal route and had estrogen problems can give you some advice on what they tried and how it went.

Good Luck,
Mel

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon