Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair removal

Turmeric?

Would you please care to elaborate as to how it works and how to use it?

Thanks.

(01-11-2012, 08:26 PM)JTX Wrote:  Turmeric?

Would you please care to elaborate as to how it works and how to use it?

Thanks.

it's an old trick from india. you want to combine one tablespoon turmeric to two tablespoons of oatmeal flour and then enough milk or yogurt to make a paste, then apply it to the skin where you want to remove hair and let it dry for thirty minutes to an hour or even longer for better results. do this every day and it will start killing off folicles and also cure acne. but be careful; while it won't stain your skin it will stain cloth yellow

I guess the yellow on the outside will match the yellow on the inside from all the FG...Blush

I use a ladies shaver on my chest to remove the hair. It's the same as they use on their legs and literally pulls the hairs out. The first couple of times it hurt quite a bit, but now after doing it every three days for a couple of month, it doesn't hurt and there's very little hair to pull out.
I'm liking the way my chest looks and feels.Smile

(02-11-2012, 12:41 AM)lisa5w Wrote:  I use a ladies shaver on my chest to remove the hair. It's the same as they use on their legs and literally pulls the hairs out. The first couple of times it hurt quite a bit, but now after doing it every three days for a couple of month, it doesn't hurt and there's very little hair to pull out.
I'm liking the way my chest looks and feels.Smile

I take it this is an epilator. I use a Braun Silk-épil and over time it has permanently removed most of my chest hair. I love the look and feel. This is a lot cheaper than laser treatment and in the end probably just as effective. Yes it hurt at first, but as I wrote in an earlier post, coating the area with talcum powder reduces the friction and abrasion. Once the skin adjusts it doesn't hurt at all.

But don't attack your hairy chest with an epilator. Shave it first, then after a couple of days you can use the epilator. Once you have removed the hair, it will take it a couple of weeks to reappear, and it won't be prickly as it is with shaving.

According to me laser hair removal treatment is the best method for laser hair removal as it is the only method that provide permanent hair removal. It also take minimum time to show good result.

A detail information on laser hair removal machines here

According to me??? I haven't been aware as yet that any of us here are the final authority on the various things discussed here. A "suggestion" could draw a little more interest than such an absolutist statement. While it is an effective method, it is not the only one, by any means.

I just wish their was a method that didn't involve any of the following.

Pain
High Expense
Skin Irritation
Long Periods of vastly extended use
Scams

And one that works on Everyone first try.

(01-11-2012, 09:12 PM)aoz Wrote:  it's an old trick from india. you want to combine one tablespoon turmeric to two tablespoons of oatmeal flour and then enough milk or yogurt to make a paste, then apply it to the skin where you want to remove hair and let it dry for thirty minutes to an hour or even longer for better results. do this every day and it will start killing off folicles and also cure acne. but be careful; while it won't stain your skin it will stain cloth yellow

I tried that. Took nothing off. At all. And stained my skin REAL bad.

I just need to get an epilator. I'd LOVE it if over time my hair would stop growing!

(28-12-2012, 06:54 AM)Doll Wrote:  I just need to get an epilator. I'd LOVE it if over time my hair would stop growing!

Well, an epilator (a Braun Silk-épil) did the trick for my breasts. Within a year or so of use, I had almost no regrowth. Every month or so I run it over my breasts to remove the few hairs that grow back, but they are very soft and fine, and hardly visible.

I have also used the silk-épil on my pubic area with similar great results. I am about 95% permanently hairless now.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon