Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Avalon Essential Important Notice

Early this morning I have received an e-mail from Avalon Essentials the company who sells Bountiful Breast NBE. This make me so angry with the company and its security. To those who have made purchase with them should read the following notice to take precaution on their credit card information.

Dear Valued Customer,

We have reason to suspect that the credit card(s) you have used to purchase our products may have been compromised. It has recently come to our attention that a former employee was storing and transmitting credit card data from late 2009 until March 2010. This employee was immediately terminated, and her activities have been reported to law enforcement authorities, who are conducting an investigation on the matter.

The former employee stored and retained credit card data without our knowledge and against our company policy, which is to immediately destroy any credit card information after payment for any given purchase has been completed. Certain data was also emailed through the internet to this former employee at her request, and then forwarded by her to a third party provider email account that did not belong to our company. This was also done in violation of our company policy and without our knowledge. Emailing credit card data is not secure and should not be done.

Upon reporting the matter to law enforcement, they advised us to notify each customer whose data may have been compromised, so that you can check your records for any unauthorized credit card activity, as well as protect yourself by requesting that your credit card company issue you a new account number and credit card. Please contact your credit card issuer and let them know your credit card information may have been compromised or could be used in the future, and that you would like a new account number issued to you to replace the compromised card. We urge you to take these steps as a precaution for your own safety, regardless of whether any unauthorized activity has yet occurred with your credit card.

We sincerely apologize for this incident and any inconvenience or worry it may cause you. We take our customers’ security seriously and acted swiftly to contain and protect your credit card data. Be assured that we are doing all we can to address the situation and are taking corrective action to ensure that it does not happen again.

If you believe an unauthorized charge has appeared on your credit card, please contact us and your credit card company immediately.

Again, we are truly sorry for any trouble this may have caused you.

Hi Crystalelle,

Thanks for sharing that. That's truly scary.

I assume if people used paypal for their purchase they should be ok, right?

I make sure I use paypal over sending my credit card info every time it is offered, I've had my identity stolen once already.

Hi Amaven, there is more info on this topic in the glandular forum in the thread titled bountiful breast v/s ultra breast. This happened a couple of months back and as you can imagine was a big deal. I think you're right about using paypal. I think it's the safest way to go for any type of online payment. I say this a little late in the game though since several years ago I had my identity stolen. Now, I am super paranoid about how I pay anywhere.

If you decide to go check out the thread, I think it shows up about 5 pages into the thread if I remember right.

Here's to everyone being safe and no more mishaps in our NBE pursuits!

Mel

Thanks Mel, I will check it out.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon