Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Spearmint Tea-unwanted hair??

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has actually seen a reduction in unwanted hair by drinking spearamint tea or by taking Saw Palmetto?..I've been researching here for ages and have read that these can help but haven't really came across any testamonials to the fact..I would be greatful for ye're input..cheers!

Hi Beykarr,
Saw palmetto does reduce DHT and hence helps with hirsutism. I have also read about spearmint tea but never tried it. Saw Palmetto is also good for breast enhance; but it can cause bloating and weight depending on your eating habits/activity level. There is also a prescription cream called Vaniqua that you can ask your doctor about. It will not remove the hair, but it will reduce the rate at which it regrows; and over time the hairs will get thinner.

I don't know about spearmint tea, but I've drank spearmint tea for years before bed to help relax me because I have problems sleeping. I don't know if it minimizes unwanted hair, but I have no facial hair, the hair on my arms, legs, and underarms is blonde. Also plucking the hair, waxing or using an epilator will over time make the hair thinner than make it not grow back at all. My aunt use to wax her legs everytime she could and after 6 years her hair does not grow there anymore, her legs are completely permanently smooth. Her hair use to be brown on her legs she said after a year or so they became blonde. So yea, I'd definitely say try those things. I sometimes wax btw.

Spearmint tea is known to reduce testosterone in men, so the researchers conducted a study to find out if the imbibe would have a similar -- but therapeutic -- effect on women. The researchers found a significant decrease in testosterone and an increase in several female hormones, which minimized hair production in the volunteers.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon