Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Puberty?!?!?!? When does it end??

Is it possible that I'm still going through puberty?? I had my period for 5 years, but I'm still growing taller. I was 4"5 when I first had my period. I'm 5"4/5"5 and still growing D: My doctor said I shouldn't be any taller than 5"6 >.< (lol I miss being 5"3) Anyway, most girls don't grow much after their period. Should I stop my NBE program if I am still going through puberty. Although, I didn't start growing until after I started my program. Sad Or do I have a hormone problem if I'm growing taller, but nothing else is? My periods are extremely heavy and painful, but they are still regular. Does this sound like a medical problem, hormone problem, puberty, or normal?? One more thing. Is breast growth genetic b/c everyone in my family has big boobs, but me. My mom was skinnier than me with Double D's lol. Lol I'm a 32A/B lol Thanks guys

Doesn't sound like a hormone problem to me, but I'm no doctor. I don't know much about puberty besides what I learned in school, but I did read a little about height because my boyfriend wanted to grow taller using HGH. You can still get taller up until your early 20s (mid 20s for guys) because that's when your bones stop growing and completely fuse.

Quote:Doesn't sound like a hormone problem to me, but I'm no doctor. I don't know much about puberty besides what I learned in school, but I did read a little about height because my boyfriend wanted to grow taller using HGH. You can still get taller up until your early 20s (mid 20s for guys) because that's when your bones stop growing and completely fuse.
Thanks. I wasnt sure if it was a hormone problem or not. My mom want to take me to the gynecologist, but I too afraid to go. Sad!! I have to wear those diaper size maga pads during my periods. ( I know waaaay to much info) Does that sound really bad?

Sounds to me like you might have high levels of HGH and testosterone. Do you have any facial hair? My friend had this problem, sounds similar to yours, and not trying to scare you. But she had heavy and painful periods, was still growing height wise at 19, and she had to get her face waxed cause she kept growing a bit of a mustache. She went to a doctor and they ran some tests and found she had high levels of testosterone and HGH in her system. They started giving her some medicines that balanced out her hormones, and btw she was a AA at 19. After they shorted out her hormones, she stopped growing height wise, and started growing boobies! Her facial hair became less and less also. She went from a AA to a B cup within 8 months just from fixing her hormones. She was an athlete also, she was very tall so played basketball and was in track. Her body even without trying looked very athletic, muscle tone galore, etc. So if that sounds like you, I'd suck it up and go to the GYN. It's not as scary as you think, go to a female one. The males tend to be very rough as they don't know what it's like. Hope you figure it out and good luck!

*Deep Breath* I'll try to go to the gynecologist after my classes. Sad!! Is it painful and what do they do? I'm sooooo scared, but I want my hormone problem fixed :*(

well it depends on what you're going to go in for. I recommend to every woman that after you are sexually active or if you are 18+ whichever comes first, to go get a papsmear done at least once a year. I had cervical cancer and that is the only way to test for it and it can happen to anyone, they can get rid of it very easy if they catch it soon enough. They will also normally do a breast exam for you to check for breast cancer also, so that's important too. Papsmears don't hurt if you go to the right doctor, but they're uncomfortable. A papsmear is where they put this thing in you down there to open you a little bit, for virgins I'm not sure what they do you will have to ask, but they then take a long cotton swab and rub the cervix with it to get some cells off, they then test the cells to see if they are normal. Some doctors also check your rectum by sticking a finger in your butthole, like I said, uncomfortable, but not painful. Us women have to deal with alot of crap lol. But it's for our health so. Now if you just go in for the hormone test, they will take blood, so if you've ever had your blood taken before, that's all they do. I use to give blood all the time to blood banks so that wasn't an issue for me. They tell me I have a rare blood type, so I try to give when I can. My life was saved when I was little by someone donating blood, so I just wanted to pay that forward. I had a severe nosebleed one time that they couldn't stop right away and I swear I bleed out at least a bucket full of blood, and I was 8? maybe 9? years old and very tiny. I was rushed to the hospital (I was passed out so my mom told me what happened). We get there and they find out my blood type and start panicking because they did not have anymore of that type of blood in the hospital, they started calling other hospitals, the first one nothing, the second they had some, not much, and it was 45 min drive away. A man in the waiting room of the ER overheard what was going on, he was there because he broke his leg at work. And he said he had the blood type and to take it from him. That man saved my life. They said if he hadn't of done that, I would not be alive because in 45 more min I would have died from lack of blood in my body. So yea, taking blood and needles don't bother me, I do it all the time. But I think the best thing to do is to call a GYN and explain your situation and see what they recommend to do. I'm not a doctor so I can't give you medical advice. Good luck!

Quote:A papsmear is where they put this thing in you down there to open you a little bit, for virgins I'm not sure what they do you will have to ask, but they then take a long cotton swab and rub the cervix with it to get some cells off, they then test the cells to see if they are normal. Some doctors also check your rectum by sticking a finger in your butthole, like I said, uncomfortable, but not painful. Us women have to deal with alot of crap lol
GASP!!!!!! D: ow ow ow ow ow! I hope they don't open me up. I'm a virgin. ugh! Thanks for the warning Anastasia916. Smile
Wait will it hurt if they have to open me up if I'm a virgin?Huh

That's why I said to call the doctor and ask lol, I'm not sure how they handle virgins, I had my first papsmear when I was pregnant at 16. I don't think they do papsmears for virgins, but I'm not sure. Just call and ask. But it definitely sounds like you should get a hormone test which would be through the blood. Sorry I've never actually been a virgin. I was raped at 4 or 5 by a doctor and was date raped at 14. So I don't really know how they work with virgins.

no they dont do that for virgins, they just do the cotton swab think, i got one when i was 14, and it hurt like mothaf@#~€, idk if it was just me, but the cotton swab when to deep, and dried me down there, i hated it, haven gone bad since that time.

Nessa, I've had painful paps depending on the doctor. Normally it's the males that have hurt me, that's why I suggest a female doctor. And they are suppose to lube you up so it doesn't hurt.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon