Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Depo provera. Anyone else have problems?

Hi!
I am posting this here rather than asking my GP because quite frankly the advice I get from them is sometimes pretty rubbish and I know that the combined experience of you lovely ladies is far more helpful.

Okay. I have had 2 Depo shots so far, due another one in September however, I am in 2 minds as to go for it again or choose something else. here's why

* No sex drive WHAT-SO-EVER. This saddens me so much. i so want to want it but just don't.

*Insane amounts of cellulite on my legs, I had worked really hard recently to rid myself of it but now it is worse 10 fold

* Stupid amount of bleeding when I exercise, attempt to have relations with my hubby, or just about do anything.

I am pretty much at my wits end with BC. I would love to hear if any of you ladies have had similar problems and what you would advise. My last BCP also threw my labido completely out the window so I am hesitant to try any kind of hormone BC. Also, after reading Anastacia's program am worried to try herbs for BE incase they compound the issue.

So, sorry gals for waffling on but in short I would like to know if any of you have had issues with Depo and if so what you choose instead and did that work. Also any ideas on how to raise my labido in the meantime would also be very helpful.

Thank you! I know it's a bit of a weird thing to ask x

I tried it years ago when it first came out and had to stop after 6 months of constant spotting. I felt icky all the time and wasn't willing to keep having the shot just to see if it would eventually stop. I figured 6 months was way more than I was willing to try.

Mel

Hi Storm,

Almost everyone I know that have had the shot have had some issue with it. I've known of some people who did well with it, but I never knew anyone personally who never had a complaint about it. My aunt like Mel had a continuous period with it and it seemed horrible. Not only that but a girl I knew in high school, skinny minnie of a thing blew up like the Good Year blimp when she went on depo. I'm not even kidding when I say like 50 pounds in a half a year.

I when to the Gyno some time ago to discuss BC options. She flat out told me she had a love/hate relationship with Depo because of the weight gain and hair loss and the like that women have reported. That combined with my own extensive research leads me to suggest trying the copper IUD. It lasts for up to 10 years and uses zero hormones. The one and only drawback i've ever heard about this IUD is that it can make your monthly periods heavier and there may be an increase in cramping. Other than that there is a mall risk that it can get lodged in your uterus, but your Gyno will teach you how to look for that.

So if you are willing to brave harsher periods for hormone free contraception you might want to look into the copper IUD.

Mel and Amaven! Thank you for your reply. Funnily enough I had come to the very same conclusion. Copper IUD it is. Heavy periods will be nothing compared to all of this dodgy bleeding on a daily basis!
Can't wait to get rid of these vile hormones!
Thanks girls x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon