Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

An interesting broadcast

If you can, listen to iPM, radio 4 on Saturday, or pick it up on BBC iPlayer. I am on it zzzz; but so is the most wonderfull girl, who throws her heart into helping, the trans community. Should be worth listening to.

Hi Chrissiegirl,

Sounds really interesting. Is it available as a podcast?

C vous plait

Yes, via BBC iPlayer, for nearly 7 days, from around 7.00pm

(06-01-2011, 12:15 AM)Chrissiegirl Wrote:  Yes, via BBC iPlayer, for nearly 7 days, from around 7.00pm

Hi Chrissiegirl, looking forward to listen to it. Will it be available from Saturday next? And where do I have to look? What is the name of the programm?

Chrissie

I just listened to the podcast on the iPlayer. What did Eddie Mair make of it all?

Your story was a sad one and I hope it has a happier ending but it sounds like you are finally going the way you need to go.

I recognised some of Penny's comments (and yours) about waiting until chlidren were older and until family responsibilities where out of the way because that explains my view as well. In my dreams I've always been female but having a close family has always made it difficult for me to "break out". I tried as a young teenager and my mother and I had some difficult conversations in which we never quite crossed the line or blurted out the truth that would have changed everything. I remember one conversation with her where I think she was going to ask me to dress but all she said was "Would it help if..... would you like to ..... what I mean is...." and then she fell silent. I remember it so clearly, where she was sitting, were I was sitting, the lighting, the room, everything. I was certain that she knew but that until she admitted it in words then it did not exist. She did not attempt to restate her suggestion, but got up and left. It was never mentioned again and I often wonder what my life would have been like if she had said those fatal words "Would you like to wear a dress right now?" Would I have said "yes". Would I have chickened out? I don't know - I was only 14 and not exactly brimming with confidence.

Now I'm in my 40s and I have a wife and kids who accept me although they repeatedly tell me that my behaviour makes no d*mn sense. They bought me two dresses and a satin nightie for Xmas and now I've started NBE. Will I go further? I don't know. I would like to go all the way but they are all so precious to me that I won't risk losing them. I'm partway there and if NBE works I'll be halfway there. That's a hell of a lot better than I ever expected.

Thanks for telling your story.

Beverley

Beverley,
Thank you for your kind words. Like Penny, I just want to spread a little kindness and a little understanding, in the world.

Hugs,
Chrissie

Beverley,
If you look up Penny Brace on facebook, you will see her photos, with Eddie Mair, his assistant and me. I think they say it all. He felt it was an oppertunity to raise the issues of Trans people, with an audience, who otherwise would have switched off.
Keep in touch, either here or on facebook.

Hugs
Chrissie

(09-01-2011, 12:40 PM)Chrissiegirl Wrote:  Beverley,
If you look up Penny Brace on facebook, you will see her photos, with Eddie Mair, his assistant and me. I think they say it all. He felt it was an oppertunity to raise the issues of Trans people, with an audience, who otherwise would have switched off.

That was nice of him, nice to know that others take an interest in this kind of topic and not just those of us with the need to change.

(09-01-2011, 12:40 PM)Chrissiegirl Wrote:  Keep in touch, either here or on facebook.

Hugs
Chrissie

I'll use this forum to stay in touch. I don't like things like Facebook or MySpace.

Beverley

Well done Chrissie ( and Penny & Eddie) for coming across so well balanced.

For anyone who wants to listen, the direct link is:

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x44qs/iPM_08_01_2011/

Pansy Mae

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon