Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

SAW PALMETTO???

SAW PALMETTO???
September 9 2009 at 6:50 AM PRINCESS (Login princess_baby)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IS THIS LIKE THE SAW PALMETTO PEOPLE BE USING AS A TESTOSTERONE BLOCKER AND BREAST ENHANCEMENT???
RIGHT NOW IM ON PM,,, REAL ESTROGEN,,, AND SPIRO...
BUT I HEARD SP IS HELPFUL IN GAINING WEIGHT AND I DO WANT SOME EXTRA WEIGHT...
SO WILL I BENEFIT FROM TAKING THIS PRODUCT???

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d...d=10324964

Author Reply
Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: SAW PALMETTO??? September 9 2009, 9:53 PM

Yes that is the thing for blocking DHT. There are many different brands.

Some people gain weight and some don't. An alternative to saw palmetto is nettle root, which has no reported cases of weight gain that I know of, but I don't know if it is as effective as saw palmetto. I doubt it is. Why not try SP but cutting down on carbs at the same time? Keep eating fat and protein since you need that to build breasts. Carbs can go though. In that way you won't gain weight.

Why are you taking PM and estrogen together? I would think the estrogen would do a better job on its own without any weaker phytoestrogens to compete with. You can make the estrogen much more potent by taking a lot of vitamin C every day. Vitamin C strengthens the effect of estrogen rather a lot.

Edit Message Delete Message

PRINCESS
(Login princess_baby) Re: SAW PALMETTO??? September 9 2009, 10:11 PM

NO I WAS SAYING THAT I DO WANT TO GAIN THE EXTRA WEIGHT...
AND I DIDNT KNOW IF THAT SP FROM WAL-MART IS THE SAME AS THE SP OTHER PEOPLE ARE TAKING...
THATS WHY I POSTED THE LINK...
BUT IM TAKING PM WITH THE REAL ESTROGEN BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HELP TO FEMINIZE ME EVEN MORE AND HELP WITH BREAST DEVELOPMENT...
AND ALSO THE REAL ESTROGEN IS A VERY LOW DOSAGE...
SO I TAKE A PM PILL IN THE A.M...
A REAL ESTROGEN PILL IN THE AFTERNOON...
AND ANOTHER PM PILL BEFORE BED...

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: SAW PALMETTO??? September 9 2009, 10:15 PM

Sorry I misread your post. Saw palmetto is definitely a good compliment for you then.

Pete
(no login) "Saw Palmetto" and Pueraria Mirifica only results September 16 2009, 12:40 PM

The Saw Palmetto I'm taking, "purchased at Walgreen's" says it may cause weight gain in some people.
It seems to have put a little on me. May not be the cause though as it is only minor. Could be I'm just
eating too well while not exercising enough.
I doubt it as I'm taking care of 5 acres, moving from one house to another, "70 miles apart."
I'm also refurbishing the old house to sell while refurbishing the new "to me" vandalized home.
The new home has lots of stairs. From the garage to living room is one flight. To bed room and this study is another.
I climb a level of stairs about 30 to 50 times a day. Usually carrying a load.
Go figure!

I've been using only Saw Palmetto and Pueraria Mirifica. In nine months I've gone from 43 X 44 to 43 X 47.
Stopped all growth sensations about two months ago so stopped the Saw Palmetto and Pueraria Mirifica.
Then about two weeks ago I started the night time itching, swelling and morning puffiness without restarting the
dosages.
There are no real sensations of extra size and only minimal measurement increases, "possibly wishful thinking."

I'm waiting until I have a full three months off the dosage as suggested by some sites when you hit a plateau.
I have a good supply and I'm ready.
My wife asked me how big I'm going to try for. I said big as is possible. She asked me if it would bother me to be very obvious when I'm out in town. I said yes but like all good things there is a price and unlike Liberals I'll learn to live with the consequences of my actions.

Saw Palmetto side effects
August 30 2007 at 4:54 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondered if anyone who's biological male had any weight gain, cellulite or acne from saw palmetto - you seem to be taking high doses and it's been reported at much lower doses on the main forum

Author Reply
Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: Saw Palmetto side effects September 1 2007, 11:15 AM

Hey Louise!....yah,Im taking loads of it and Im not sure if thats the cause of my gains as I eat all types of foods for gaining and I take many weight gaining herbs. Like Marshmallow and fenugreek.

So,I really dont have much of an answer for you,because I dont know exactly which factor has done it for me....all I can say is that I must be getting some estrogen boosts as my body fat accumulation tendencies have gotten even better,and Im putting on weight right where I want it.

My weight problem is I dont gain and keep enough fat levels up for feminising.
I dont have the storage ability for hormones....but I think it will change when I acquire enough fat deposits.

Something Interesting (wikipedia saw plametto)
July 6 2008 at 4:48 AM SLG (no login)

I read this part....

Side Effects

Saw palmetto is generally well tolerated, with occasional reports of adverse GI effects. Do not use during pregnancy. ***Because of well-documented anti-androgen and anti-estrogenic activity,*** avoid taking with any hormone therapy, including oral contraceptive and hormone replacement therapy.

Kinda confusing to me since I though it was anti-androgen only???

Author Reply
well..
(no login) Wikipedia is wrong July 6 2008, 3:04 PM

Any Tom, Dick and Harry can make a Wikipedia entry and they aren't always correct. Saw Palmetto is NOT an anti estrogenic product.

Davilee
(Login Davata) Re: Something Interesting (wikipedia saw plametto) July 16 2008, 7:43 AM

Saw Palmetto actually hinders DHT more specifically.
It is one of the most effective naturally derived materials to do that.
It and stinging nettles and Pygeum and pumpkin seeds and oil....are the best natural antiandrogenic herbs..that actually block or diminish DHT and T.

I was looking at the ingrediant list for a well known hair growth product based on natural substances and the major active ingredients were Saw Palmetto and Stinging nettles.
So,I thought...well,just buy the straight stuff and take it in larger amounts.

I mentioned this b4;but...I have loads of new hair growing on my head,since starting taking SP and the other things that I take.

Another herb that has reputation for some sort of anti-androgenic effect is spearmint. I drink spearmint tea a lot. Its just really great...I slowed down on my coffee imbibing...so I drink a lot more herb teas.

There are many different herbs that have anti androgenic effects also.

Licorice actually has that effect too....it also has some strong pseudo-estrogenic chemicals also. Hops also,I have found.

Red clover actually has many chemicals that I read in a research paper that prevent breast cancer from starting.

Red clover has a hormone balancing effect also,that you have to take into account.

Fenugreek....well,I think its more effective for females and males with actual mammary glands...although,it does cause breast fat accretion and it will also stimulate your appetite. As will SP.
Fenugreek is also used in natural diabetes/high blood sugar control.

Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: Something Interesting (wikipedia saw plametto) July 19 2008, 6:30 PM

I couldn't see that statement in wikipedia that you referred to. Maybe the page has been amended.

Dee
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Something Interesting (wikipedia saw plametto) July 19 2008, 7:17 PM

BTW, speaking of hair...

Just thought I would mention.. A year ago I had a bald spot at the crown of my head as big around as a coffee can. (about 4 inches or more)
plus a seriously depressing "widow's peak" (look it up on wikipedia)..

The bald spot on the back of my head is totally gone, no trace of it remains.
The widow's peak in front is filling in too and there's a lot of new hair growing where hair *never existed before*!
My hairline in the front is beginning to fill in and look more like a woman's than a man's hairline.

I have been using Rogaine and a shampoo named "Nizoral" which is documented to boost the effectivness of Rogaine.
The other thing that is playing a big part in this is I have no testosterone in me. My T level is in the low teens which is on the lowest end of the normal natal female scale. Natal female T levels average in the 20-30 range.

With no testosterone in my system there's no DHT in my scalp to screw with my hair.. :-)

riven_one
(Login riven_one) Re: Something Interesting (wikipedia saw plametto) July 20 2008, 3:06 PM

Glad to read the good news on the nizoral; I just started using it (along with taking finasteride and minoxidil) after reading that nizoral shampoo helps the process. I have noticed that my hair is a lot "fuller" in areas where I was not losing it, and in the bald spots there seems to be a new fuzz that is forming.

Hello
February 12 2009 at 8:39 AM Danyelle (Login Danyellers)

Hello all! I have been reading this forum for a while now and thought I should post. Let me start off with a bit about myself. I am a 24 year old Transsexual who is just starting down the path towards transition. I have known who I am for a very long time but have only recently come to terms with it and what I must do to achieve happiness. Big Grin I do have a question for any one who has used Saw Palmetto. I have been taking a relativly small amount of saw palmetto for about 1.5 months now. I am taking 480mg a day, like I said a small amount. The issue I am having with it is this; even though I am taking a low dose, I am experiencing effects that people on BO or PM describe. I have noticed with in the last week a pain in my groin, more specifically, my testicles. The pain starts with in 1 to 2 hours of taking Saw Palmetto and feels like there is a war raging down under. I do not recall any one describing side effects like this while using these less potent herbs. I realize I should stop and see a doctor, but for those with out insurance that is an expensive trip. I am also taking Fenugreek, Red Clover, Fennel and Wild Mexican Yam Root. I have narrowed it down to the Saw Palmetto butcause I did not take it for 2 days while I was still using the other herbs and I had no aches or pains. Other wise the herbs seem to be doing something. I have fuller and more firm breasts after 1.5 months. Also my hair is less frizzy and heavier. HORRAY! Lastly, I am not allergic to anything and I get tipsy after even one beer, this could be a clue to how sensitive my body might be to foreign substances. ~ Danyelle

Author Reply
Tiff
(no login) SP February 13 2009, 3:21 AM

Sp is also for male prostate. That may be what ur feeling. Read all you can.

Danyelle
(Login Danyellers) Re: Hello February 13 2009, 9:28 AM

Right, it is used to control enlaging prostate. IT is thought to be an anti-androgen.

tgirl
(no login) Re: Hello February 14 2009, 6:15 AM

Never had that happen to me before after using it. I normally feel like I'm experiencing mild 'roid rage. Other than that, I'd not use it because it's not normal to experience "pain" using a substance of any sort.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon