Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

T. Vs E. (archive thread)

T. Vs E.
September 5 2007 at 12:51 AM wishfulthinking (Login wishfullthinking)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've read a lot here about stalling out because of to much E, overloading the E receptores. For a male what about the idea of rather than trying to boost the E why not work harder on reducing T. It would make sense that keeping E level while reducing T would have the same effect as boosting E with out the risk of stalling. So how would you reduce T besides Saw and licorice root. Most of what I have read indicates that they reduce serum T levels but have little effect T itself. Are there any other herb that efffect T

Author Reply
wishfulthinking
(Login wishfullthinking) soy protien September 5 2007, 2:20 PM

I sure this is old stuff but just read a journal extract that indicated two servigs a day of soy protien powder reduced serum T by 19% over a one month period

http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content...t/16/4/829

Edit Message Delete Message

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: T. Vs E. September 6 2007, 8:14 AM

Yah ,I had a post about soymilk somewhere.
300mg of soymilk isoflavones is equal to the amount of estrogens in a Premarin pill.
Thats from The Green Pharmacy book

Try and find Edensoy Organic Soymilk plain,its actually really good and it has the highest amount of isoflavones per oz.of any of the other brands.
It has 69mg/oz....i think it was 69 maybe 64gr.

So,I figured if you drank one box a day it is just a little bit less than the estrognic effect of that BCP.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: T. Vs E. September 6 2007, 7:38 PM

BCP has really low hormones compared to the actual body + premarin is HRT. I eat a lot of slim fast which contains a lot of soy.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: T. Vs E. September 7 2007, 8:44 PM

Im not sure of your point.
The author was just using that med as a benchmark for comparison.
Biological estrogen is measured in micrograms as to active hormone.
Im thinking ,that info that herbalist used is based on old info.
There are all kinds of newer estrogen meds now.
Premarin is the worst crud for transsexual hormone replacement.
Its bad on your liver,and causes the blood clotting problems.
Its preggy horse urine after all.

wishfulthinking
(Login wishfullthinking) BCP? September 7 2007, 11:35 PM

Ok for the newbie what is BCP

Fennel Fairy
(no login) BCP September 8 2007, 6:46 AM

BCP is short for Birth Control Pill.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Nettle Root September 11 2007, 7:15 AM

Doesn't nettle root lower testosterone too?

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: T. Vs E. September 11 2007, 2:33 PM

Yes nettle root does reduce testosterone.
Pygeum and pumpkin seed oil are also anti androgens.
I also read that the NON dgl Licorice root has reduced testosterone by 33% but they found that the testosterone had stabilized again with in a month to six weeks.
Just to mention,The non dgl licorice is the one that should be used to feminize because it contains all the chems. that is needed, but the non dgl kind is the one that can be dangerous.

TB
(no login) messing with T September 12 2007, 3:33 AM

I wouldn't mess with your testosterone level. You body will leech calcium from your bones as you reduce Testosterone as it will no longer be able to extract it from food. You will also be tired all the time and will loose muscle mass. I would try rubbing progesterone cream on your boos, take soy isoflavones and fenugreek with Milk thistle. That was the best combo for me. I grew breast while on testosterone replacement therapy (which I still am on). The progesterone will guide any estrogen in your system to your boobs.

Davilee
(no login) Re: T. Vs E. September 16 2007, 1:21 PM

Yah,its been scientifically proven that progesterone is the hormone that causes bone construction.Stimulates the production of osteoblasts to be precise.
Studies have shown that there are progesterone receptors in all kinds of tissues.There are many in muscle tissues.
They just dont know yet what all the functions of progesterone are.

Go to www.pubmed.gov or .org or .com; Im not sure off hand.
Its the NIH public info.site.
Also wikipedia has an entry for prog. and states some of its functions.

As for licorice,It has a very high content of Glabridin,which is molecularly similar to estradiol and functions exactly the same as the real bio stuff.
It actually has estriol in it as one of its constituents.
It also has progesterone effects.
It is an amazingly complex herb,Id list all the chems but I dont have time right now.
Its really great ability is that it interferes with the biological actions of viruses and bacterias and parasites.
There are studies showing that it can shut down HIV replication.
Also fights herpes virus.
It also is studied for its healing ability of the liver and its limiting of hepatitus C damage,liver cancer related to that and cirrhosis.
It also protects against atherosclerosis.
Evidence shows that deglycyrrhized licorice stimulates natural defense mechanisms that prevent the occurance of ulcers by increasing the number of mucus secreting cells in the digestive tract.
This lengthens intestinal cell lifespan,and enhances microcirculation in the gastrointestinal lining. As such it also cleanses the colon.
Also,promotes adrenal gland function,,increases fluidity of mucus in the lungs and bronchial tubes,,good against asthma,emphysema,upper respiratory infections,,allergies,,chronic fatigue,,depression,,hypoglycemia,,enhances glandular functions,,remedies enlarged prostate,,PMS,,menopausal symptoms,,helps inflammatory bowel disorders.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon