Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Im sure you already know but thaught worth posting (archive thread)

Im sure you already know but thaught worth posting
August 8 2007 at 9:33 AM gingerD (Login gingerD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Progesterone is used in hormone therapy for transsexual women, and some intersex women - especially when synthetic progestins have been ineffective or caused side-effects - since normal breast tissue cannot develop except in the presence of both progestogen and estrogen.
Mammary glandular tissue is otherwise fibrotic, the breast shape conical and the areola immature. Progesterone can correct those even after years of inadequate hormonal treatment. Research usually cited against such value was conducted using Provera, a synthetic progestin. Progesterone also has a role in skin elasticity and bone strength, in respiration, in nerve tissue and in female sexuality, and the presence of progesterone receptors in certain muscle and fat tissue may hint at a role in sexually-dimorphic proportions of those.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progesterone

Author Reply
Fennel
(no login) Yes August 8 2007, 10:22 AM

While progesterone is indeed necessary for a female development, I think it should be used wisely in proportion to estrogen or it might actually lower the estrogen if taken too generously. But that's my own opinion. Taken in moderation, and perhaps during certain periods every month it can definitely be beneficial. Taken daily - I doubt it would be ideal if you add estrogen simultaneously. I have no scientific evidence of this statement, but as biological women develop and mature, the interaction between progesterone and estrogen is forever alternating between higher and lower levels in a certain pattern, it's not constant.

Edit Message Delete Message

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Im sure you already know but thaught worth posting August 8 2007, 10:44 AM

Fennel, is your thaughts for both men and women?
I agree re women but after reading this statement i really thought it would help the gurls/guys out, after all they still have a different make up to us.
has this been discussed over here before, sorry if im going ova old ground

on the PM forum some woman who sells all the stuff has put she thinks this can help the PM.
I have always been very wary of Progesterones as after reading a few tubs, it always says do not use for a prolongued time, use sparingly and i have read it can increase chances of cancer etc.
I baught wild yam caps but have never taken them becuase of this.
Like you i reserch everything 1st, and have more and more disregarded things that have little to no scientific evidence.(i dont use cb anymoreSmile)ILMAO

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) I just wrote a bunch of stuff about E and Prog. in one of the recent posts August 9 2007, 6:13 PM

Uhm...Ive wrote about Est's, Prog. and Prolactin and how they interact in a recent topic thread,the info. just gets buried after awhile because we'll forget where it was.
Ive wrote about its purposes and why you should use it in cycles.
Thanks though!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon