Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Question on Breast budding (archive thread)

Question on Breast budding
June 3 2008 at 10:09 AM Lee (Login Boobswanted)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, I have a question about Breast budding. Trying to use the Tanner stages seem confusing for MTF. In the grand scheme of things it appears that the breasts fill out some in width first (mine have). Whats next is my what has me curious.
Will my breast begin to grow out in projection next or does the breast bud come next? I am hoping to bud before my breasts get too large.
According to the Tanner stages, this doesn't happen until stage 4. But as men with a mature male breast, do we bypass any of this? Any help would be grand. Thx

Author Reply
me
(no login) Re: Question on Breast budding June 3 2008, 8:21 PM

yeah the bud phase is meant to happen first, before the breast starts growing.

riven_one
(Login riven_one) Re: Question on Breast budding June 3 2008, 8:42 PM

I got some little buds then a bunch of growth on the sides (my arms started hitting them)then on the top. I seem to finally have some growth outward.

Lee
(Login Boobswanted) Re: Question on Breast budding June 3 2008, 11:15 PM

When the breast buds, do you know if the Montgomery glands come in also (the little bumps on the areola)?

Lee
(Login Boobswanted) Question for Riven June 4 2008, 2:20 PM

How long have you been doing NBE?

riven_one
(Login riven_one) Re: Question on Breast budding June 4 2008, 2:25 PM

About 5 months now i'd guess. As far as the small bumps around the nipple some seem to get them and some don't. I haven't seen them personally.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Question on Breast budding June 6 2008, 10:02 PM

The role of the Montgomery glands is to secrete a substance that lubricates and helps to protect the areolae during breast feeding. These glands become more prominent in pregnancy and might not be so noticeable previous to that.

So... A breast that isn't fully developed might not have any visible M glands, or only slightly noticeable ones. Also the number of glands vary a lot.. between 4 and over 20. I say don't worry if you don't see any. They are not essential for those who are not breastfeeding anyway.

Dee
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Question on Breast budding June 7 2008, 4:51 PM

I wonder, how common is it for male bodied persons to have the Montgomery glands?
As far back as I can remember I have had them but didn't know what they were until recently.
They were raised bumps, quite a few of them, and very noticable, they freaked me out because I thought something was wrong. I remember one time when I was real young, I tried to cut one off with a nail clipper. Ouchy....

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to figure some things out.
Are the presence of the glands normally only present in XX female bodied people?

I have looked at several information sites and only find reference to natal females having them.
Here is a qoute from wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areola

Careful inspection of a mature human FEMALE nipple will reveal several small openings arranged radially around the tip of the nipple (lactiferous ducts) from where milk is released during lactation. Other small openings in the areola are sebaceous glands known as Montgomery's glands (or glands of Montgomery) which provide lubrication to protect the area around the nipple and assist with suckling during lactation. These can be quite obvious and raised above the surface of the areola, giving the appearance of "goose-flesh".

(I am the one that put female in all caps)

Like I said, the glands have always been present on me and very noticeable, even when I was little. I also have a history of lactation.. I will never forget the time I squeezed my boob and milk squirted out about 2 meters and hit the wall. My ex wife was able to get milk from them on a regular basis. And I can still squeeze a little out pretty much anytime I feel like.

I suspect that I may possibly be intersexed, like maybe XXY or something similar because I have several things unusual about me, things that XY males do not have. I wonder if this is Montgomery gland thing would be another indicator of an intersex condition.

I can't afford a karyotype so I'm left to guessing. But the list of XX only characteristics that I have seems to indicate that something unusual. Whether I am or not (XXY/KS) won't change anything but it would explain a great many unanswered questions.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon