Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone) (archive thread)

DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone)
August 7 2007 at 12:20 PM
Morticia (Login moonstruck61)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydroepiandrosterone

Apparently this is that evil "Human Growth Hormone" that they peddle under the name DHEA.
There are buttloads of warnings on the bottle, including one about women getting hair on the face (yuk!)
but the one that caught my attention is that it warns it may boost your ESTROGEN levels.
It is some sort of pro-hormone (I think that's what they call it) and converts what floating around into whatever it can. I think. Can someone clarify? And would it hurt to take the minimum dose of this, they say one 25mg tablet per day. Would that hurt or help? (I'm taking BO and SP)

Here's a shot of the label and I highlighted the part about estrogen..

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/...a3ccb7.jpg

Author Reply

Morticia
(Login moonstruck61) Re: DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone) August 7 2007, 12:21 PM

Oh and it says you may get breast tenderness too.. Hmmmm

Davilee
(no login) Re: DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone) August 7 2007, 12:40 PM

Hey are you still up Morticia?...uh I thought i wrote a little bit about DHEA in one of my posts recently.Thats odd what ya said though...I hadnt come across that exactly about affects on female anatomy.
This is interesting.I will check it out again.
Wait just a bit Im going to check my book

Davilee
(no login) ok... August 7 2007, 1:13 PM

It is produced primarily by the adrenals.
It is a key base from which other substances like Test.,Prog.,corticosterone,either directly or indirectly.
Says some research shows that higer doses can supresses the body's natural ability to sythesize the hormone.
High doses can lead to liver damage.
It says that it helps to generate Test and Est.,so,perhaps it depends on how well the particular gonads are functioning for whichever gender.Your not supposed to take it until your into 40's.
I can see how it may cause breast swelling in women because of the increase EST but the facial hair deal...i cant figure out yet.
OH...its probably due to the fact that it boosts TEST. also,and women are going to be deficient in that too and a sudden rise may cause that symptom,.....does that make sense to you?
Well,I can see how it wouldnt be good for biomales trying to lower their TEST levels,its going to just boost levels if someone still has the male gonads.
I dont know how well B.Ovary hormones are going to react with that.
Hmmmm...its intriging now...because,i had shelved the idea of taking it myself because it causes much fat mass loss.
Yet,it promotes muscle gains.
It does alot of stuff for the body,for sure.
Uhm...the only daily amounts given in my Nutritional Healing book i could find so far..(its like the size of a three inch thick phone book)...
is start at 10mg. daily....this was for women, i assume that it fine for all genders.
It says its important to take antioxidents Vit C & E & enough selenium.
I take all that anyway,selenium is cheap and its very good for immune system and nervous system and brain functions
***It says there is a *7-Keto DHEA* that has the same beneficial effects as the standard form but it does not convert to TEST or EST.**
That may be a better alternative for you,Morticia.

Morticia
(Login moonstruck61) Re: DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone) August 7 2007, 6:41 PM

I don't know about all this technical stuff, it's a bit over my head.
I wasn't thinking of taking the stuff long term, just a few over a few days to sort of "jiggle the system" a little bit.

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone) August 7 2007, 8:03 PM

I've read the same thing about the DHEA raising E levels.Now that is, if you're female.
So the way it sounds to me is, if the E level is the dominant hormone in your body,it can raise those levels.Same with T levels, if it's the dominant hormone. So, I would say if you're taking an anti-androgen to block the T levels, the DHEA could raise the E levels.(it only makes sense)
A good anti-androgen will block your gonads from producing T. That's why alot of TG/TS girls Get a good anti-androgen prescribed,That also lets them reduce their E intake and the E still has a good effect. Less for the E to compete with. Besides that Taking largE doses of E is dangErous,That's the main reason for taking an anti-androgen.
so If you're doing a good job of blocking your T,Taking a low dose of DHEA should be ok.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Sorry I missed you gals chatting.... August 8 2007, 5:54 AM

yah,I wanted to chat with ya about this.
I thought I wrote to make it easy to understand....sorry....
Im always bouncing around sometimes,I have many thoughts to get out and they get jumbled up...
Yah,what Miss Blu-jay says....its adaptive...its going to stimulate whatever the gonads are in a persons body.
You probably should just start with the 10mg if possible.
What ya said about it acting on free hormones in the system.....*that is something that I will have to see more about....uhm...you read that on Wiki?
**Look for that alternative DHEA I mentioned at the end.....it does all the good stuff without being converted into either sex hormone.
<<< 7-Keto DHEA >>>
OH Yeah,something I forgot to mention....it says that most DHEA is synthesized from wild yam substances,like diosgenin.
Its suggested that wild yam extracts could be taken orally as it is a converted into DHEA in the body.
I talked about DHEA in that topic thread of HGH and weight loss.

Edit Message Delete Message

Fennel
(no login) Damn! August 8 2007, 7:09 AM

I wouldn't touch this. Middle aged people aren't supposed to bloody grow in the first place. It will affect the entire body. No saw palmetto in the world will stop this thing from boosting your testosterone - I can tell you that much. If you were to take this stuff you'd need a man made androgen blocker from the doctor.

This is so typical for America! They'd sell anything over the counter or online to people, even things that should be prescribed only by doctors. You're not meant to play "God" with your body like this. Who knows what effects it might have! It's when people take stuff they know nothing about that serious damage can be done.

Sorry about the rant but things like this makes me ANGRY!

Morticia
(Login moonstruck61) Re: DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone) August 8 2007, 7:36 AM

Ah crap.....

Ok. No big deal. I was confused by the warnings on the bottle so I bought some since it was cheap.
I won't take it..

Thanks Fennel, what would we do without you?! Big Grin

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone) August 8 2007, 9:37 AM

There must be something to what Fennel says because here in Canada they took it off the market a few years ago.
Here they sell growth hormone releasers. These are actually amino acid complexes. These are made to work with your bodys own growth hormone.Research shows that these amino acids are important to help ward off certain types of cancers,help metabolize fats in the body,help fight bone loss and keep a healthy muscle mass. Healthy muscle mass is important in both men and women.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Hello? August 9 2007, 6:33 PM

Did you NOT see what I wrote 2 times just above what ya'll wrote??
****There is a version of DHEA that does not affect T or E.***
Read what I wrote.
I would only take a precursor of it,if I was going to take it at all.
AND...all this other stuff on the whole forum ISNT "playing god" ...as we change our hormones and fill up on all kinds of hormone manipulating herbs??
Hmmmm?........I guess Id better stop taking my Vitamins and supplements...Im making myself too healthy...thats not what gawd intended...gawd intended for us to die sick and early...or in a car crash.
Just being sarcastic and playin' round.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) seriously...... August 11 2007, 2:39 PM

Yah,what Blu said.....in the HGH thread I wrote about taking L-Arginine With Lysine....its very effective at stimulating HGH factors
I wrote the amounts and the source of the info.
You want to lose weight...then try this first.
Everybody is different,so i cant promise ya that you'll lose alot...maybe you will.
I started losing weight while on it,and I was taking it for experimenting on my orgasms...hahaha...I guess thats losing weight in a sense,hehe.....BUT,I really started dropping the mass,I was PO'd...because I was just beginning to gain a few pounds while on the mass gainer drinks...and it just went away...poof!
I stopped taking it.
It is good for fighting cancer and boosting the immune system.
*As to DHEA..I read that it was given to test animals and they lived 50% longer....than the ones they beat with mallets. .....ooohhhh bad..
No really, thats what my book said..NO,no, not the mallet and beating part.
It will prolong your life.
Take the (7-keto DHEA) in smart doses and you shouldnt have a prob.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) About playing God August 11 2007, 11:12 PM

Growth hormone doesn't belong in a middle aged womans body but estrogen does, so I'm not really playing God here. :-)

Take whatever you like - I won't try to stop you.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: DHEA - Comments? (growth hormone) August 11 2007, 11:30 PM

Uhm....we arent talking about middle age women over here,so I dont know why you were so upset about this.....this info here is meant for biomale physiology.....

I dont know how it was so offensive since this info is placed IN the male forum for use by any biomale.

When I post something for females....I will post it in the female forum....
I like to be consistant like that...hahaha

Thats why I'll ask ya Ms.fennel or Moon if Im puzzling over a certain thing that may pertain to women as well as men....or,if an herb for women will work for men.

But what you mentioned in alarm is good as it pertains also to Pregnenolone.
NOW..that can be some dangerous stuff if taken when too young.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon