Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

I've heard that men start growing breasts after 40 (archive thread)

I've heard that men start growing breasts after 40
May 8 2008 at 7:52 AM Robert (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard that many men start growing breasts after 40 years old whether they like it or not? Is it something to do with their diet, maybe eating too many soy beans? (or salt or sugar or oil or fatty food or oily food or others??)

Author Reply
riven_one
(Login riven_one) Re: I've heard that men start growing breasts after 40 May 8 2008, 2:48 PM

I think it has to do with a combination of weight gain due to a lower metabolism + more sedentary lifestyle and a natural decline in testerone levels as men age. Men also naturally produce a small amount of estrogen, and as T levels drop this allows the estrogen to affect the body more. Women have a similar issue when their natural estrogen level drops as they also produce small amounts of testerone. You see the effect of that with hair growth on the face and other areas.

DMJ
(no login) Re: I've heard that men start growing breasts after 40 May 16 2008, 8:08 AM

High levels of fat (obesity) produces high levels of the enzyme aromatase. The aromatase converts testosterone to estrogen. And estrogen stimulates breast development - in men as well as women.

white sheep
(no login) Re: I've heard that men start growing breasts after 40 June 22 2008, 10:59 AM

it's just fat. their metabolism isn't as effective as it used to be so fat isn't burned off as easily and starts to build up.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon