Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How did you meet your BF/GF/spouse?

Oh Maz,

Sorry for how that looks in small black letters on a white screen Blush I certainly wasn't trying to suggest that you wouldn't be up to any competition. I'm sure you are!

I was only thinking about the precautions I'd normally take myself, like bring a girlfriend that attracts a lot of attention. But make sure that at close range, I'm the approachable one. And I agree with Twister Mama: pick something you love, so you shine. And common backgrounds always help, yes. Even if it's something that is behind you now.

Quietly strolling in the afternoon, and single Huh Have you noticed the guy you never noticed, but who's always there?

Actually it´s a good thing you´re not in a rush to find someone. I think guys can somehow sense it when a girl/woman is looking for a mate, and they always back off because they seem to think she´s desperate and creepy! In my not to short experience with relationships, I´ve discovered that things work out best (and you meet the guys who treat you best) when you´re a bit reluctant to enter a relationship. When you´re too nice or accomodating, they soon become bored or even rude. So even if it upsets you that you´re alone at the moment, I´d advice you to behave as if it doesn´t! Just go through life thinking to yourself things like "I´m wonderful, any man would be lucky to have me, so I won´t settle with someone who doesn´t deserve me!". My experience is if you´re continually thinking things like that, people will look at you with other eyes. And you´ll get a lot more attention from men!

I agree that it´s a good idea to join some club to meet new people. Only be sure that the activity you´re choosing is something you´re really interested in, otherwise it´ll be obvious that you enrolled only to meet guys. I have girlfriends who went to some expensive nautical course in the hopes of meeting (rich) single men and it was a complete disaster! They didn´t meet anyone and were bored to death. Personally I think it was a bit pathetic, and it sure didn´t raise they self-esteem, it only made them feel bad.

Bibi - Nautical course to meet rich men, lol! I worked at a marina for awhile in the parts/service dept (LOTS of guys there!) and from what I saw, most of the guys who owned the million-dollar yachts were old retired men. Tongue Now, if you totally LOVE boats/boating in general (I do!), then meeting a nice, regular guy would be a definite possibility at something like that. But yeah, pretending to be interested in something you don't have a clue about, or don't like, will most certainly end in disaster, with you looking kinda foolish. Stick with things you're genuinely interested in, and your passion for the subject will shine through and attract friends who share those same interests.

I like to look at the enrichment courses offered at our local community college and say "Ooh, I'd love to take THAT one, and THAT one, and THAT one!" Only I totally have no time at all. Sad Someday when I'm old I will! There are a lot of really interesting courses taught there, like anything from photography to ballroom dancing to baking. It would be really neat to do something like that just to make new friends and connections. And it's true, oftentimes love finds you when you least expect it! So in the meantime, have fun and enjoy yourself! Smile

Thank you guys for all the suggestions.

As for things I’m interested in, I have been having a think, I really like art going around galleries and drawing and painting. I probably will have to brush up a bit on some of my facts if I wanted to join a hardened bunch of artists but I did a fine art course in college and have a basic rounded knowledge of various movements and the important figures in them and can draw and paint a bit too. Its something I had neglected when I went to university.

Maybe I will be joining an art class in my future and going for a wonder around the Tate and national gallery a bit more than I have done in resent years. I should really make the most of the fact I live in London.

Actually I went on an epic walk around the ex industrial now very swanky parts of London the other day it was awesome I saw places I had never been too. But now I’m rambling. Tongue sorry.

so art and walking might be the way to go.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon