Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Potassium - Spiro (archive thread)

Potassium-Spiro
October 31 2008 at 3:06 AM Chasin (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey if anyone knows,Spiro is a potassium pill used for different things as blood pressure. I take Cozar 25mg a dy now for blood pressure. So the question is could I take the spiro instead? It would be more mgs per dy, and my pressure is just borderline anyway. Hell I could eat bananas and get potassium. We consume so many herbs to get photoestrogens,why not get a low dose of real estro? Just a thought. I know the self medication thing.Just wondering why Im taking so many herbs to get any results. Any coments welcome.

Author Reply
Unknown
(no login) Spiro November 6 2008, 2:20 AM

Might ck with Doc,since ur on others. Hope u get it figured.

Dee
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Potassium-Spiro November 6 2008, 3:10 PM

Spiro is a potassium sparing diuretic. You're supposed to stay away from potassium when taking it.
It's also not a real good BP med. I have pretty high BP and I take 200mg of Spiro a day and it's not helping much at all.
The doc put me on another BP med and told me to keep taking the spiro as well because it's much better at T blocking that lowering blood pressure.

I was told in no uncertain terms to not use fake salt and go very easy on bananas (I don't eat them anyway, YUK!) because of the spiro.

Bottom line, ask your doctor. Don't play games with blood pressure problems or medicines!

Chasin
(no login) BP November 6 2008, 4:56 PM

Tks,I kn not to play,I have to take something. Im on Cozaar 25mg. I dont eat salt,not even in the house.My 1st wife died frm BP,so when I found I had borderline,I freaked. But Doc almost took me off it cause its done good and borderline. I take the weakest they have. I was just wondering about the Spiro, I ordered some,should be here soon.According to what I have read,it is the same thing used for BP,thats why I was wondering,why take both. I will read some more on this. Tks again

Dee
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Potassium-Spiro November 7 2008, 5:51 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spironolactone

Roxanne
(no login) Spiro December 26 2009, 5:35 PM

Hi from San Diego. I'm new here, love reading all the messages back and forth. You all sound like me.

I have questions about Spiro. I'm 55, have high blood pressure. This is a real problem for me. Meds I take now don't seem to work, wahh! I take 5 different meds for the BP. oh bad.

But I'd also love to have more boob. I've been crossdressing for severl years now every day at home, it pacifies me. I feel right with a bra on. My gilfriend (a bit lesbian)of 4 years would be happy if I had a bigger butt. I'd be thrilled if I had a bigger butt. She wants me to look more girl, I wish I was a girl. She also wants me to live a long time. She enjoys being loved, me too.

So, I want to know? How can I get my Doc to prescribe Spiro for me? My Doc is good but she worries about me. If I can get my insurance to pay for me to be sexier in a tight skirt and at the same time help my BP, why not? I've read all the info on Spiro, don't worry, I know what it is. Just want all the happiness I can get.

A kiss and another kiss for all of you Sweeties. Thanks for being there and helping me.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon