Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

NBE Routine And Request For Advice...Please! (archive thread)

NBE Routine And Request For Advice...Please!
July 17 2009 at 10:32 AM
Madilyn Carey (Login Madilyn_Carey)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Girls,

My name is Madilyn Carey (please call me Maddy)and, although I have been a CD for many years, I am now taking things to the next level and consider myself in the early stages of a MTF transition. At this point I consider myself 24/"6" because the only time I'm in drab (YUCK!) is when I work, and with the current state of the economy I've been en femme A LOT!

Like many of you, I've done my research on HRT versus NBE and at this point in my transition I am choosing NBE for a couple of reasons. First of all, I am not medically stable to go on HRT. I have off-the-richter-scale high blood pressure and two doctors have not been able to control it using prescription medicine. I'm afraid the only way for me to actually control my BP is through proper diet and exercise...both of which I despise. I'm doing better with it, but I have my vices which are hard to curb. I know that both caffine and nicotine are bad for NBE and I'm working on eliminating those hinderences as soon as possible.

Secondly, is what I alluded to above...I'm not financially prepared to pay for HRT and because I don't have medical benefits the biggest expense is the initial testing and bloodwork (I was quoted $1,500.00). I'm definitely NOT going to self-administer hormones by buying them from Canada, so if I ever go the HRT route then I'll do it the right way and go through a doctor.

Who knows, maybe after a year of NBE, a strong committment to lowering my BP, and hitting the lottery (or jackpot...I live in Las Vegas), I'll be able to begin HRT...but that remains to be seen...and isn't likely. Smile

So, I've been lurking on the forum here for a couple of months and have not really felt it necessary to post because all of my questions had been answered by so many of you...until now.

I started my NBE Routine on June 13th, so I'm on my 34th day. I'm 50 years old (another YUCK!) and, although I've lost 40 lbs over the past 14 months (I was 208 lbs and am now 168 lbs...YaY!!!), I did start my routine with a bit of a belly and man-boobs. I'm so happy that I can actually embrace my man-boobs now and that they're becoming a woman's breasts.

I originally registered on the womens NBE Board and after being told I shouldn't be there, I came here and started reading. I adopted my NBE Routine from a woman on those boards and I'm mirroring her dosage. This brings up questions. I understand that men and womens breast tissue is basically the same and that's why NBE works for men.

Obviously growth in men is dependent on suppressing testosterone and increasing estrogen levels (and a bunch of other factors)...but I'd like to ask those of you who have been on NBE to review my routine and help me make adjustments now that I'm into my second month of the routine. Is my routine below consistent with anyone elses? Do I need to increase my dosage?

Here is the routine I started out with on day one:

Beginning Herb routine:

• Fenugreek Seed – 1,220mg (2 pill ct.) x 3 = 3,660 mg daily
• Saw Palmetto – 1,080mg (2 pill ct.) x 3 = 3,240mg daily
• Red Clover – 750mg (2 pill ct.) x 3 = 2,250mg daily
• Flaxseed Oil – 1,000mg (1 pill ct.) x 3 = 3,000mg daily

Breast pumping – 15 - 30 minutes on each breast 3 times daily (whenever possible)...bought a cheap breast pump off of eBay, it broke immediately and then the seller replaced it and the new one broke as well almost immediately. I have broken-down and ordered a Noogleberry and it's enroute to me from the UK...can't wait!

Breast massaging – Using Pueraria Mirifica (PM) Cream from Thailand and then wrapping up in saran wrap afterwards and using a heat pad over my breasts for 30 minutes twice daily. I'm about out of the cream already and the stuff is expensive, so I'm considering making my own "Boobie Batter" based on receipes over on the womens NBE Board...anyone had any experience making their own Boobie Batter, and if so would you please share?

Breast exercises – 3 times daily - using a 7-step technique I found on the web...although as I said before, I hate exercising, so this is the area I'm most lacking discipline in. I will get better at it because it's really not that hard.

On Day 21 I ran out of my first order of Red Clover (it was a small bottle of 120 capsules), but I had read earlier about some of your success while ingesting PM (in another thread here)so I decided to try it and ordered it from Thailand. On Day 24 I introduced 1,500 mg (1 500 mg pill x 3) of Pueraria Mirifica into my routine daily, stopped the Saw Palmetto, and didn't replace the Red Clover...yet.

The reason I stopped the Saw Palmetto whenn I began ingesting PM was because of the following comment by Pinkie over in a PM specific thread:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Pinkie
(Login pinkie_rox)
RE: Avoid PM with Palmetto March 8 2009, 9:38 AM

My advice is, avoid PM with Saw Palmetto. Saw Palmetto is known to have anti-estrogen effect as well as anti-androgen ones. Not a wise idea if ur taking PM as phytoestrogen, with Saw Palmetto to counteract it.

But if u're using Saw Palmetto as a T-Blocker, then to some extend, it works.

Cheers
Pinkie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now I have this huge bottle of Saw Palmetto sitting here and I'm not taking it because of Pinkie's statement.

Can anyone else substanciate her statement because it's somewhat contradictory. She says to avoid using PM with Saw Palmetto, yet she says that if Saw Palmetto is being used as a T-Blocker then it works. I'm assuming that I was using Saw Palmetto as a T-Blocker and now I'm not taking it, so am I losing ground because I'm not blocking testosterone? I'm really confused.

So, with all of that said, I'm asking for your help. Would you please review my herbal routine and give me any dosage or alternative herb suggestions you might have? Do I need to increase my daily dosage? I certainly don't feel that I need to decrease it. Should I get back on Red Clover ASAP? Can I take PM and Saw Palmetto simultaneously or is there an herb that acts in a similar manner to Saw Palmetto that I can take with PM?

Regarding my first month results. I "think" the routine is working because my breasts seem firmer, they appear to be rounding out and creating cleavage, and my nipples are definitely more at attention than they've ever been. What concerns me though is the fact that I'm not really "feeling" any growth yet. Many of you mention pain or aching which would indicate growth, but I'm not feeling anything as of yet. With that said, it makes me wonder if I'm just imagining the aforementioned firmness, rounding, and nipple perkiness. I'd be really bummed to think that my breasts are exactly the same today as they were 34 days ago, but that may be the stark reality. I don't want to dupe myself into thinking my routine is working. I'd much rather they hurt and ache...at least I'd know something was going on. I did take beginning shots and measurements, but I'm going to hold-off measuring again until I get to the 3-month point. I don't want to be disappointed in my routine because I really am trying to make a go of it. I just feel after one-month it's time to re-evaluate and tweak the routine as necessary and I'm hoping some of you will help me.

I tend to be very long-winded when I write, so THANK YOU to those of you that are willing to spend a few minutes to read this post. I really want to realize the results that so many of you have experienced, so between the exercising, pumping, massaging, and herbs I'm truly keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you again and I look forwad to getting to know everyone here...

Kisses,

Maddy

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: NBE Routine And Request For Advice...Please! July 17 2009, 11:24 PM

Hi Maddy!

Saw palmetto blocking estrogen is bollocks! So many people have had success with saw palmetto in combination with phytoestrogens! Both those born with a female body and those not. An alternative to SP is nettle root but less effective.

I think I might suggest to you to try and stick to the one and same routine for several months, not switch between red clover/fenugreek and Pueraria Mirifica in monthly intervals. Otherwise you won't know what's most effective for your system. Try to give it at least 3 months before you try a different estrogen source. Write down your results and compare. If you decide on herbs, you can very well up the fenugreek dose a bit.

With certain meds, you take a smaller dose if you have a low weight and a larger dose if you are heavier, so what might be an ok dosage for a frail 19-year old girl might be too little for a plump 40 year old lady. So consider your body type as well when deciding your dosage.

About the training - It's good that you do chest exercises but remember to train your abdomen too since a slimmer lower torso will accentuate your breasts even more.

Best of luck!

Edit Message Delete Message

Madilyn Carey
(Login Madilyn_Carey) NBE Routine And Request For Advice...Please! July 18 2009, 11:44 AM

Fennel Fairy said: "I think I might suggest to you to try and stick to the one and same routine for several months, not switch between red clover/fenugreek and Pueraria Mirifica in monthly intervals."

Thanks for clarifying the SP/PM question FF, I was hoping you would reply...I was also hoping to hear from others. So wow, your suggestion above makes perfect sense, I just got excited at the talk about PM success and jumped on that bandwagon, but now I'm in a pickle. I don't have any Red Clover but have plenty of Saw Palmetto. So to get back on my original routine I'll need to order more Red Clover (which will take a week or more to receive), start taking SP again, and stop taking the PM...sheesh, lol...

Should I go ahead and take the PM along with the SP until the Red Clover arrives, or just leave the PM out of the routine completely and add-in the Red Clover when it arrives? Can you tell I'm still confused, lol...

Regarding the tightening of the abdomen, I know I need to do sit-ups, leg lifts, etc...to get the belly into belly-button piercing form (which I plan to do some day), but there's that nasty "exercise" word again. Maybe I can incorporate tummy-tightening into my chest exercise routine and kill two birds with one stone so-to-speak. I'd almost rather starve my stomach away than do exercises, but I love food too much to do that...oh dear, such a dilemma. Thanks again for replying, I really appreciate it.

Kisses,

Maddy

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: NBE Routine And Request For Advice...Please! July 18 2009, 9:35 PM

Starving means no fat in your breasts so tummy training is better. You can then create that sexy hourglass shape we all love to have. It doesn't matter whether you use saw palmetto and PM or if you use red clover, fenugreek and saw palmetto (perhaps with some fennel) - as long as you give it a fair chance to work (say 3 months) before you try another combo.

Best of luck to you!

Tiff
(no login) NBE July 19 2009, 1:42 PM

Hey, just a thought for you. Did you know you can get Red Clover at a health food store like GNC or any other one and dont have to pay more or for shipping. Also most all your other Herbs

Maddy
(Login Madilyn_Carey) NBE Routine And Request For Advice...Please! July 21 2009, 7:21 AM

Thanks so much Fennel Fairy, you don't know how much I appreciate your interaction here with me. I'm really trying to make a go of this and need all of the help, advice, and support I can get. As far as "tummy training", I definitely know that a tight abdomen will help give me a more feminine shape and accentuate my breasts...I just have to buckle-down and exercise and (as I originally indicated), I just hate it.

I have tried over the years. I'll try to get into a routine of doing sit-up, leg-lifts, crunches, whatever, and after a few days I'm so over it that I just quit. I guess I can't get "over-the-hump" to where I see the benefits outweighing the hassle. I'm not even doing that well with my breast exercises, so to include exercises that will improve the rest of my body is a MAJOR hurdle for me to accomplish. Considering I have a lot of free time on my hands right now it's really the perfect time for me to commit. I guess I need to adopt a Nike philosophy and "JUST DO IT".

I think what I really need to do is pay-out money for a gym membership or personal trainer. The logic there is that if I pay for something my pride won't allow me to fritter-away those dollars and not work-out. Unfortunately, joining a gym or hiring a PT is waaaay beyond my current budget, so I'm really at a loss.

Maybe if I see some marked improvement in breast growth it'll inspire me to tighten my abdomen. Anyone know a hypnotist, lol...

Thanks again for giving me your advice and opinion, it really means a lot. This is important to me. I've made the mental committment to transition and now I'm dealing with the physical committment. As far as NBE is concerned I'm doing a really good job of sticking with the program (sans breast exercises, lol)and I am seeing an ever-so-slight change in my breasts, so I can't wait to see where things are at the 3-month point.

Oh, by the way...I know this isn't a Noogleberry thread, but I just got mine today and have used it twice already. I'm ready to be a saleswoman for the thing, it's amazing! I've been using a cheap ($14.00 USD) breast pump that I got off of eBay up until now, and as I said in my introduction above the first one broke immediately and the second one broke after only a few uses. I was still able to use one-half of the two-cup pump, but the squeeze-bulb split and so it wouldn't hold air. I finally got fed-up and invested in a Noogleberry...wow, I can already tell it's going to do incredible things to escalate my breast growth.

Girls, with God as my witness, I'm telling you...get a Noogleberry if you want to include breast pumping into your NBE Routine. It's so well made, the customer support and forum is amazing, and they completely stand behind the product. The pump is so well made that it's virtually indestructable...and BOY does it pump. I'd post first-day pics here if that were an option.

Which leads me to say...this forum format sucks. What an antiquated format. The women's BE Board is so much nicer. I'm not putting down the content here, and believe me, I'm very appreciative to all of you for the information you've archived here, but the fact of the matter is, this forum format is very old-school and it's a shame. We really deserve a more sophisticated forum than this, but this is just my $.02.

I'm glad to be with all of you and I'll continue to provide input. Maybe one-day down the road I'll be as knowledgeable as many of you and I'll be able to impart some wisdom from my own personal journey. Thanks everyone, and especially you FF...you ROCK!

Kisses,

Maddy

Maddy
(Login Madilyn_Carey) NBE Routine And Request For Advice...Please! July 21 2009, 7:41 AM

Thanks for the input Tiff, but I'm an internet shopper...it's just too damn easy and too damn inexpensive. Pricing for the quantity of herbs we need to maintain a successful NBE program can not be equaled by the over-the-counter retail market. GNC is crazy expensive...but what I probably will do is buy a "tide-me-over" small quantity of red clover until my internet order arrives.

Vitacost.com is incredible. Their pricing is so good, and in most cases there isn't a charge for s & h...and they're fast. They typically ship on the same day of the order and it arrives really fast. I did a lot of research and haven't found a better resource for herbs as far as pricing and customer service, but I'd love input from others who have had good experiences with other sites. It's my objective to be as helpful here as possible, so if we can add more good data on herb sites, then everyone benefits.

It was definitely good to hear from you Tiff, thannk you and please keep posting...

Kisses,

Maddy

erica_berman
(Login erica_berman) Newbie first response, hope it helps December 20 2009, 2:01 AM

I am new here and this is my first reply to a posting. To make things a bit more complicated, I am not sure if I am on the old forum or the new one.

Anyways, Maddy, it's a shame that you can't do HRT simply because of the initial cost. I have researched it from time to time, never having the nerve to take the plunge. What I found is that you can get a great deal from Walmart with their $4/month $10/90day generic subscriptions. Never having seen a doc about this, I can only hope that the meds that I found are the same aas the ones mentioned on other forums. I am not even sure if other meds are required/desired.

You can get Estradiol (estrogen), Spironolactone (anti-testosterone, sort of) and MedroxyprogesteroneAcetate (a progesterone, not sure if needed) for $4 per month each or $10 per 90 days each. So, if all 3 are needed, it would cost $10 per month for all 3 HRTs buying the 90 day versions. Of course, you'd need a doc's prescripton, but knowing how expensive herbals can be, are you sure that HRT is more expensive?

Love the Noogleberry, too.

I'll try to send this as a private message (if such a thing is possible), just in case this forum board is no longer checked.

Dreamer
(Login Boob-Dreamer)
SENIOR MEMBER New Link December 26 2009, 12:42 AM

Here is the link to the new forum. Good Luck.

http://www.breastnexus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23

Dreamer......
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon