Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Any recommendations for epilator brand? (archive thread)

Any recommendations for epilator brand?
July 20 2007 at 9:04 PM Davilee (Login Davi-lee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had read Moonstrucks posts about her epilator,I just wanted to see what would be a good one to get.
I think that Im going to start that method.
I shave everything(not my scalp,hee)and Im getting tired of having to do that every 3-4 days.
My legs though have never had hair that was coarse,thank ye goddess,I mainly have problems with some on my belly and a bit on my chest.
Who was it that said they have plucked their facial hair out?
Oh my,Ouch! Did that accomplish reduction over long term?
Thanks All!

Author Reply

Morticia (aka moonstruck)
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Any recommendations for epilator brand? July 21 2007, 12:24 AM

Braun.

But get the one with the Briggs & Straton 12hp motor, not the wimply little electric model.. Smile
Just kidding!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/...9f99db.jpg
and
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/...b73e4e.jpg

Braun is good stuff. I use mine on my entire body (except private area) and even my face and neck.
It was rough the first month or so but the more you do it the weaker the hair roots become.
The hair also grows back much finer with time. After 6 months or so the hair on my legs is fine enough that I can't see it without my glasses. But I can feel it and to me that's absolutely 1000% unacceptable.
No hair is permissible on my body as it disgusts me deeply. This causes me to use the Braun frequently,
on the order of several times a week. They advertise it as a once every 6 weeks thing but that's for women that don't have a testosterone problem.

I love the epilator because shaving is horrible for me, it causes me to break out in nasty, inflamed rashes and they usually get infected. Shaving is horrible and I refuse to do it ever again. I like the act of shaving my legs, it's a very intimate and feminine thing to do but the consequences are unbearable.

But with the epilator, it leaves me skin silky smooth and rash free. It's a glorious feeling. Being smooth and utterly hairless is soooo nice.

I have several problem areas that are just *tough* and it's going to take a long time to get that hair "trained" so that it grows back slower and lighter like on my legs, in other words, to force it to become vellus hair rather than the coarse terminal hair that it is now. The places that are a real problem for me are the front of my legs just above my knees, the backside of my thighs and all of my torso.

And then there's "the face".. Yes, that face. That alien face that stalks me.
First off, about 17 years ago or so I had a fair bit of electrolysis done so a lot of the facial hair is long gone.
But NONE is permissible. There were dormant hairs that never got treated because I had to stop my treatments back then for many reasons. So since then it's become a problem again.
Any facial hair is unacceptable for me. I can't afford laser/electrolysis so to get me by until then, I epilate it.
I had to pluck it by hand with tweezers the first few times because it's so tough but it's getting better each time. Now I think I only have to shave once a week and only if I have to leave the house to go out in male mode to do some computer work. I just left it alone the rest of the time so I can pluck and epilate it as it comes out. In a short time it will be very fast and easy to do and pretty much pain free as the rest of me is.
It hurts like hell the first several times but you get used to it pretty quickly.
I even use the epilator in my underarms. Oh that was BAD the first few times. Now? Eh. No big deal at all, take just a few seconds and everything is lovely as can be.

I've been seriously considering seeking out orchidectomy (castration) to eliminate the testosterone problem which would in turn help a great deal with the hair problem. It would also allow the estrogen to take over and run it's course unopposed. Feminization would occur much faster and to a more satisfying extent.

I might as well. I don't need the damn things and they annoy me to no end. I've been tempted to cut the damn things off myself because they annoy me so badly. There's a lot of good reasons I can name to get rid of them. They're coming off anyway sooner or later. I would just as soon it be sooner so that I can make some progress.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Oh hey Morticia..... July 21 2007, 12:37 AM

I wanted to see if you saw my notes to you in those two threads.
(the bra one and nipples one)
You sound like your having a very similar journey that Im having.
I would like to talk to you perhaps privately sometime.
Would that be OK?

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Now I am reading your reply... July 21 2007, 12:47 AM

Wow,you sound like me,....enjoying our femaleness.Smile
Like in my other posts to you,I just get overwhelmed sometimes with the emotions and surprises of my body changes.
You are so right! Smooth is where its at!!OH MY!!Its so addictive,to feel the way my skin feels.I have to catch myself when Im out somewhere,so i dont look like some crazy person rubbing their hands up and down my legs.
It was so funny,I was just telling someone on Tribes that I felt like one big erogenous zone;THEN I read that you said that awhile back.HA!

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Tried the facial hair plucking..... July 22 2007, 4:57 AM

Hey,its not so bad.
I put warm cloth on my face first and then started yankin'
They came out easier than when I was pulling them from my belly,before.
Gawd! It just got so timeconsuming pulling hairs.
It did help after awhile.I have some little bald spots on my lower belly.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon