Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Saw palmetto and fenugreek (archive thread)

Saw palmetto and fenugreek
March 13 2007 at 2:24 AM anon (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you don't mind me lurking but this forum is most interesting! I was trying to find some information on a saw palmetto and fenugreek combination for men. I don't want to take too much, but heard about 320 is about max for SP. As for Fenugreek, I am not sure. Do these herbs act equally on both male and females, or are they strictly for females? It's just so hard trying to figure out a regime to try that will be successful. Just looking to go up to a full A. And do the massages help by themselves?

Thanks everyone.

Author Reply
anonymous
(no login) Re: Saw palmetto and fenugreek March 13 2007, 11:27 PM

I'm not sure if Saw Palmetto has any NBE effect on men. I know it is used to reduce enlarged prostate glands.

Fenugreek seems like a good choice. Perhaps red clover or fennel? Soy products can help too.

Edit Message Delete Message

Quiet man
(no login) Are you sure? March 17 2007, 8:33 PM

Are you sure Saw Palmetto has no effect on males? I always figured it would. The initial post of using SP with fenugreek sounded like a good option. He asked a good question. But with all the information at the 'sister' sites, how do you know how much SP and fenugreek does a male initially start with?? You hate to go too high. Just a safe level. I hate to ask this on the 'sister' boards; I don't think some women understand... yet I think the males are so supportive of them. We only wish them success.

Theo
(no login) Re: Saw palmetto and fenugreek March 17 2007, 10:31 PM

Something not right here. I don't see how reducing testosterone in a man would make his breasts grow.

TB
(no login) testosterone March 18 2007, 4:38 AM

Reducing testosterone would only increase breast size if there were estrogen hormones to replace them. An excessive amount of testosterone could lead to breast enhancement/growth because the extra testosterone would be converted into estrogen, this happens in body builders who use too much testosterone.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Saw palmetto and fenugreek March 18 2007, 9:14 PM

Saw palmetto might or might not be beneficial for men, I really don't have an opinion on this. However, estrogenic herbs would definitely be necessary. And I think that since most men are larger than women, they would need a bigger dose than a woman just as with certain medications when you consider body mass when deciding on dosage. Tiny person - Low dose, Big person - larger dose. At least I think so.

No need to ask in the girl forum, but I guess you can go there and look through the personal programs on the main page to get an idea what a normal dose for a woman is, then start from there and ramp up if you don't see any effect.

And I am a very understanding girl.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Saw palmetto and fenugreek March 19 2007, 5:14 PM

I'm not a member yet to this forum.I'm also male "trying" to grow breasts. Fennel fairy I believe you're right about males needing larger doses of the herbs.I also read somewhere that SP converts back into testosterone with large amoumts taken.Wink

TB
(no login) Testosterone March 21 2007, 2:45 AM

I would not do anything to try and lower your testosterone. What you need is the effect of the phytoestrogens. If you have gynecomastia taking testosterone will not decrease your breast size, it may actually cause them to increase as your body turns excess testosterone into estrogen.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon