Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

HOT FLASHES (archive thread)

HOT FLASHES
May 25 2007 at 3:15 PM
Blu-Jay (Login Blu-Jay)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been taking 1000 mgs of PM and a 1000 mgs of EPO. Recently I started taking 1500 mgs. of the PM, Still a 1000 mgs of EPO and added 300 mgs of pure Saw Palmetto Extract.
Now I seem to be getting the occasional hot flash since I've added the SP. At times my face feels like it's burning up.
Yesterday,while I was the spa getting a facial,lash and brow tint, the girl working on me also mentioned that my face felt kind of hot.

Has anybody else had this happen? And does any one have any opinions about what I could do about it?

Blu-Jay

Author Reply
gingerD
(Login gingerD)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: HOT FLASHES May 25 2007, 4:57 PM

hi blue j-
now im not sure how relevent this could be but when i started 1000mg of borage i got so hot, hot flushes etc, i asked on the fourm and was told i could have od on the borage ad cut down, C thread is: any one hot? by gingerD
I do take it now and have no effects like it.
I dont know if hot flashes is just a side effect to when you are taking to much herbs, or if it is an afeect of using a certain herb-i hope that makes sence.

Could b worth asking on main page or searching forum for hot flushes

Good luck, and dont get too hot

Edit Message Delete Message

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: HOT FLASHES May 25 2007, 7:22 PM

Thanks Ginger!
Does this make me a hotty now? :-D

Blu-Jay

Edit Message Delete Message

Lost Sheep
(Login moonstruck61) Re: HOT FLASHES May 25 2007, 9:15 PM

Over the past few years I've been going through "male menopause". Don't laugh, it's totally legit, 100% for real, search for it with your fav search engine.

I can NOT take the heat anymore. I used to work in temperatures that over exceeded 120F or more. When I was young, I could sit around in 100F temperatures all day long and never break a sweat while people all around me were literally passing out. Now, I can barely take 80F. I'll frequently have "hot flashes, where I feel like it's 140F and I feel like I'm suffocating and I panic.
I HAVE to go strip down and stand in front of a fan to cool down.
This happens to me dozens of times per day, I have to keep my AC turned down to 66F all the time. My body temp is totally whacked out. And this year, since starting HRT, it's worse. Obviously I'm doing radical things to my body/system and it's probably confused and freaking out.

I have no idea what actually causes this or what's going on or what, I just know it SUCKS... ******* S__U__C__K__S ******* to the 10th power..

Blu-Jay
(Login Blu-Jay) Hot Flashes May 25 2007, 9:27 PM

I believe you Moonstruck. I think they call it andropause.
Yeah I can't stand the hot weather anymore either. Last week we had 4-5C. now it shot up to 30C. I hate when the change is so drastic.
Anyways I think it's got something to do with how I adjusted my program.

Blu-Jay
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon