Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Testosterone busting! (archive thread)

Testosterone busting!
June 10 2007 at 9:26 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I wonder if any of you could suggest anything to lower testosterone levels (I'm female but think I have hormonal imbalance)? Do these things cause weight gain / acne?

Have any of you had any medical treatments to encourage breast growth? I'm on the pill which has definitely improved my skin but since I lost a stone I've dropped a cup size.

Thanks for any advice xx

Author Reply

Moonstruck
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Testosterone busting! June 10 2007, 9:54 PM

Hi Louise!

Well, most of us here are very familiar with that nasty poison, testosterone.

Those of us that occupy a (mostly) male body (via birth defect) are struggling with pretty much the same problem.
In my case I'm taking fairly large doses of Saw Palmetto which is supposed to be the best natural anti-androgen.
However, it MAY very well have a very different result in natural female systems. I would ask Fennel Fairy on this.
She's about as knowledged on these things as anyone around here.

One thing that I think IS safe for women is spearmint tea.
If you put "spearmint tea androgen" into google or some search engine you'll find LOTS of info.
It's supposed to be a powerful anti-androgen and it's been reported that women drink spearmint tea to reduce body hair problems.

I found some on ebay and ordered several pounds of it and I drink at least two very strong cups of it per day.
Of course it's going to take me much longer to overcome my problem because I have 40+ years of testosterone poisoning to overcome.

Browse through this forum, you'll find a LOT of discussions on dealing with those nasty male hormones.

Hope that helps a little..

http://transhouston.com/members/blog/morticia

Edit Message Delete Message

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Testosterone busting! June 10 2007, 10:00 PM

Hi Louise!

As Moonstruck said already, saw palmetto is good for blocking testosterone. Nettle root is also used for this. Being on the pill also helps - I'm sure your doctor already mentioned that . Try to stay away from sugar. Sugar converts into testosterone in some weird way if your sugar intake is too high. Don't ask me how.. :-)

This message has been edited by fennelfairy on Jun 11, 2007 7:57 PM

Louise
(no login) No sugar!! June 10 2007, 10:20 PM

Harsh about the sugar, I've been dieting so probably have had less lately but I've always had a v high carb intake. Will have to eat boiled eggs only!! I started getting bad skin and facial hair at age 22 (I was on the pill from 17-19) and worse around age 24. The hair isnt think or dark but I'm v fussy. Think I'll give the spearmint tea a go, I want to use Wonderup alone for 1 month just to check it doesn't make me feel ill then will possibly add saw palmetto in the doses recommended in the main forum. Possibly going to order Brava tomorrow - serious stuff!

Thanks a lot for your responses, good luck xx

ps I've never actually gone to the doctor about this as looks like I'm looking for an excuse for being flat chested!! Do you think they could do anything useful?

Blu-Jay
(no login) Hi ! Louise June 11 2007, 2:43 PM

Besides saw palmetto You can try Pygeum extract,Stinging Nettle and/or Pumkin Seed extract. These are all anti-Androgens. You can try one or more combined. The extracts are stronger than plain herbs. With plain herbs you would have to take higher doses than with the extracts.
Hope this helps! Smile

Blu-Jay

Louise
(no login) Re: Testosterone busting! June 11 2007, 3:48 PM

Thanks for the tip, I've just eaten some pumpkin seeds, they're not as disgusting as they sound kind of like flaked almonds....maybe if I mashed them up and coated in chocolate they'd be quite nice....think spearmint tea might be next on the list (I'm in Germany at the moment and the lady at the health shop doesn't speak English so will have to find a translation website).
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon