Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Question on Tagamet and similar drugs... (archive thread)

Breastman or anyone....Question on Tagamet and similar drugs...
January 13 2008 at 6:05 AM Davilee (Login Davata)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!..yes,I was wanting to know is the ingredient >cimetidine
what else do you know about it?
Also, Can these drugs cause problems for people who take them ,but have no actual medical need for them?
Like,using them for lowering androgens even if you dont have any stomach problems.

Does anyone know how these drugs work ,just offhand?
Thanks,Davilee

Author Reply
Lost Sheep
(Login thebreastman) Re: Breastman or anyone....Question on Tagamet and similar drugs... January 15 2008, 4:35 AM

yes, the main active ingredient is cimetidine. I read somewhere, it escapes me just where, that cimetidine is known to lower androgens. I am not sure what long term use would do to a person, and I only take it 2x daily for a couple weeks at a time then take a week off. I have stalled miserably lately, no tingles or anything happening. Nipples are still extremely feminine looking but no growth. Been about 2 weeks since I took anything at all. Just kinda chillin, and then going to start back up. Hope this answers your question.

p.s. I was supplementing the Tagamet with saw Palmetto 2 gelcaps (extract) 3 times a day.

Good luck!!!

Morticia
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Breastman or anyone....Question on Tagamet and similar drugs... January 15 2008, 6:14 AM

Yes. Look it up with google, it's known and documented to cause gynecomastia. That's listed as one of the side effects.

Most of the similar stomach meds do this. I have an extremely bad case of acid reflux and have been taking them for years and years. I was taking as much as 20 tablets per day.

That started my Gyn motor running.

Then I switched to Prilosec which I take EVERYDAY and have been for many years. It too lists Gyn as a side effect.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon