Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

vitex / chasteberry (archive thread)

vitex
July 22 2007 at 2:48 AM
stefanie (Login stefanie_ss)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is anyone using vitex? i am thinking that this might move things along faster.

Author Reply

Morticia
(Login moonstruck61) Re: vitex July 22 2007, 2:56 AM

What is it?

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Im doing some study on it.... July 22 2007, 3:37 AM

Chasteberry or chastetree or Vitex agnus castus
Ive got to do some study on that.My books say that it regulates and normalizes hormone levels and menstrual cycles.Increases and inproves milk production.
The ladies over yonder,seem to treat it with respect,they are saying that it will lower estrogen if it "senses" that your levels are too high.
SO,for us will it make our estrogen levels higher?
It has alpha-pinene,flavonoids,limonene,progesterone and testerone amongst others that Im doing searches on to see if they are favorable for our needs.
Ive been worried about its content of TEST.
I need to know what all it will do to me before it passes my lips.

Blu-Jay
(no login) Vitex July 22 2007, 3:54 AM

I've tried using it waaaay at the begining.
I dropped it! I thought that there was better stuff to use.
Vitex is very good for Bio. females though!
But for us I'm not to sure that we could benefit from taking it.
No! I don't think it would speed things up because you need to take it daily for three months for it to have an effect.
Vitex is a very slow acting herb. There's a fair bit of info. about it on the NET.
Hope this helps! Smile

Blu-Jay

Edit Message Delete Message

Blu-Jay
(no login) P.S. July 22 2007, 4:04 AM

Vitex is supposed to lower the male Libido!
If you want to stay active( know what I mean?)
It's not good. Then again there is conflicting reports about that.
For us males I'm not sure about it, so I would stay away from it unless there's something more solid about it.

stefanie
(Login stefanie_ss) Re: vitex July 22 2007, 4:15 AM

Chaste Berry (Vitex agnus-castus): It contains estrogenic substances which mimic that of progesterone. Long story short, it helps suppress testosterone. Taking chaste berry with saw palmetto increases the efficacy of both. Dosages are 1,000 mg daily. Do not take with synthetic estrogens or progesterones/progestins.

Partially purified flavonoid-rich extract prepared from the seed of Vitex negundo interfered with male reproductive function of male rats without producing adverse toxicity in other vital organs. Secretory products diminished & sperm numbers dwindled & slackness in their motility was observed. Das 2004

Vitex is a normalizing herb for the reproductive system. It is most commonly used in treating infertility, PMS, menopausal problems, and hormonal imbalances. It is most effective when taken over a period of time, and in conjunction with other herbs used for the same purposes. It is also known as chaste tree fruit, or chaste berry.
Chaste berry increases progesterone and decreases estrogens. (The berry's effect is to increase the pituitary's secretion of luteinizing hormone, and reduction of follicle-stimulating hormone.) Reported clinical studies indicate that Chaste Berry also seems to have a regulating effect on both progesterone and estrogen, balancing the ratio between them-this greatly reduces emotional ups and downs. In other clinical studies, Dr. Murray reported that Chaste Berry reduced acne flare-ups and water retention, reduced general PMS, and even prolonged the ability to breast feed. Because of the effects of increased progesterone output, Chaste Berry has a long history of use as a testosterone suppressant.

Morticia
(Login moonstruck61) Re: vitex July 22 2007, 4:20 AM

Personally, I'm tired of the bullsh*t games.
I'm trying to find out where I can get an orchi near where I live for a price I can afford.
That will put and end to many of my problems.

http://transhouston.com/members/blog/morticia

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Ah now we get to the heart of it.... July 22 2007, 4:21 AM

Thanks Stef.
My Nutritional Healing book listed TEST. as one of its phytochemical constituents.
Could you tell me where you got all the info??
Thats great.

stefanie
(Login stefanie_ss) Re: vitex July 22 2007, 4:25 AM

just type "viex for feminization" into ask.com

tons of info.

stefanie
(Login stefanie_ss) Re: vitex July 22 2007, 4:26 AM

oops.."vitex for feminization"

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Hey Morticia... July 22 2007, 4:39 AM

Have you looked into Androcur a strong anti androgen.
I found out about it on my TG Tribe on TRIBES.
It is really effective,from what they say.Its not widely known for some reason.
Ive done some checking on drug sites about side effects and it seems fairly clean. One of the girls said that she had to cut the pills into smaller pieces because it was so effective.
Its a real libido killer though,because its so thorough.
Ive been planning on taking it and staying on it for a bit and find the optimum amount that does what I need and then slowly back it down some.
Go to *drug.com*
Its easy to buy on the INET and its pretty cheap.
I know that you want to go all the way though,but this may help ya until then.

Vitex- Yes or no? Fennel?
August 16 2007 at 1:13 PM Confused Sheep (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have been reading posts about vitex here, Fennel what do you think for a female, is it a great herb for NBE or no? Sorry this has been discussed to the limit, but I am still confused over this herb. Have 4 unopened bottles, and wondering to take them for NBE or flush them.

Author Reply
gingerD
(Login gingerD)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Vitex- Yes or no? Fennel? August 16 2007, 2:56 PM

sorry im not Fennel, but in my honest opinion NO,Vitex is great for PMS etc but iv used it for NBE after a few people reccomended it.I would say i shrank but moods improved, the problem is 1 person recco's somthing and we all jump on the band wagon.Iv lernt to reaserch everything myself 1st,not just taje others word for itSmile
Iv found no evidence to sugest Vitex/angus castus benefits NBE at all(other than from threads on here)

Yes it is good for PCOS and help with menopause
Yes it is concidered good for repreductive systems (in men and women)and can help increase chances of pregnancy
Yes it does help regulate hormones so helps regulate periods,and ease PMS problems
bodybuilders use it as it can decrease prolactin levels which raises testostarone levels.

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Vitex- Yes or no? Fennel? August 16 2007, 2:57 PM

Found fennels original thread 4 ya
http://www.network54.com/Forum/547753/th...eally+does-

Confused Sheep
(no login) Re: Vitex- Yes or no? Fennel? August 16 2007, 3:10 PM

Thank you GingerD

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Exactly what Ginger said... August 16 2007, 5:45 PM

If you were born with a male body I'd say Vitex is BAD if you are feminizing your body or trying to grow breasts, and good only if you want to keep the testosterone on a normal level for a man. Vitex is only beneficial for women with unbalanced hormones who suffer from PCOS or PMS and similar.

What VITEX (agnus-castus) really does:
July 22 2007 at 11:38 AM
Fennel Fairy (Login fennelfairy)

Vitex is used by women who suffer from bad PMS. The PMS symtoms are caused by high estrogen levels, and also by raised prolactine levels making the breasts swell up and feel tense. Vitex Agnus-Castus lowers estrogen and prolactine levels, something that has been scientifically proven and well documented.

The other use for Vitex is amongst bodybuilding men, to block estrogen and prolactine and by that manage to avoid the phenomenon known as "bitchtits". In the male system, Vitex raises lutenizing hormone and thus, testosterone. Many of the most popular testosteron booster products on the bodybuilding supplement market contain a furmula that includes Vitex, like this product for instance:
http://www.king-cart.com/ELITE/product_n...atch=exact
There are many, many more like this one.

There is actually phytotestosterone IN THE PLANT!
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/663567...ption.html

"The prior art furthermore describes that progesterone, 17α-hydroxy-progesterone, testosterone and epitestosterone could be detected in the fruit of Vitex agnus-castus"

Convinced?

Author Reply
Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: What VITEX (agnus-castus) really does: July 22 2007, 12:02 PM

I was already convinced from all the info that ive read in books and around on the archives.
Not a good herb for me.

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: What VITEX (agnus-castus) really does: July 23 2007, 3:00 AM

I agree, like I mentioned in an earlier post,I've tried vitex and stopped taking it. that was way in the beginning.
Another point to remember is Vitex is a very slow acting herb.You'd have to take it for sevel months to notice something happening.And for what it does,it's not worth it.
There are better herbs that can be used for our purpose.
I realize that some of us want to see things speed up but we have to be realistic about this and stop believing that there is a magical herb or wonder herb that would help our journey. Even prescripion hormones need time to take effect. Some TS girls say it can take 3 to 5 years to fully develope and thats on being on prescription.
Another point to remember taking more of something doesn't make things grow or change any faster. This kind of beliefe could end up working against you.

Vitex
May 24 2009 at 2:43 PM Tiff (no login)

Girlyboy: Got ur mesg on Vitex several post. Looked it up,seems to have to many possible side effects,only thing it says "may promote progestrone". Tks for letting me know but dont see a use for myself. Anything else that it my help with? Im always looking for improved help as all of us are. Tks

Author Reply
GirlyBoy
(no login) Re: Vitex May 26 2009, 9:21 AM

Hi Tiff, i have noticed those different testemoies about Vitex as well. Basicaly tehy range from that it promote Progesterone and that it block Totesterone to be produced. Basicaly SP is asumed to block DHT, and Vitex T but that probably differ a lot depending if one is male or female, as hormone production happen in different places of body. I can tell how it effected me personaly, I was taking SP with not much side effects on my bals, no pain and almost no change in sperm while when Vitex was added, soon sperm went almost clear, which looks to me very much like taking huge dose of E or Spiro. Right now I am having clansing with Milk Thisle and sperm returned almost to normal after 10 days. Dosages I was on are SP 2x a day 1500mg and Vitex 2x a day 800mg. Basicaly one can asume, having those two herbs in action, you can get with estrogenic herbs realy fine results. As for that, I used PM 2x a day, if one is inactive phisicaly mybe would be good to add something to promote growth, like BO or Colostrum or mybe Prognenolone. Some people wrote they had success with either, so I asume one should pick best for himself if needed to bust growth. Hope this helps a little, not all tested by myself, so take info with cortion.

Tiff
(no login) Re: May 27 2009, 3:47 AM

Tks,right now im on 3xPM a dy,3-4 BO,have pain in nipple and uper breast,so I think things are finally working but slow as you know. As long as I have this feeling,I will continue with what I have developed. Oh,I forget but sometimes I take 1 Spiro with this but not everday,just when I remember I have them.Like I said im always reading and looking for the best route to take. The PM I do like the way the skin feels. I have progesterone cream I use every now and then. And of coarse VitC,Calcium. Ran out of EPO and Flax seed oil. So you see,im trying to find my way in the sea of herbs. Tks and have fun
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon