Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

PM and leg cramps (archive thread)

PM and leg cramps
September 19 2009 at 11:47 PM wishful999 (Login Wishful999)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone linked PM and Saw Palmetto to leg cramps? I wake up at night with leg cramps ranging from very mild to quite painful but not every night. I get up and walk it off and usually get back to sleep for the rest of the night. I have been on PM 2 capsules twice a day with one SP 460 twice a day since July. (6'4" 294 lbs) I have tried to link it something I do like a lot of excercise or none, had milk or not, hot, cold, whatever. Nothing seems to be common so I am looking at PM as a possible source.

Author Reply
Dreamer
(Login Boob-Dreamer)
SENIOR MEMBER PM and leg cramps September 20 2009, 8:05 PM

I occasionally get leg cramps - like most people I guess - but nothing that I could link to PM or SP.

To ease the cramp, with your leg straight point your toes towards your head. This works almost immediately because it forces the muscles to work in the opposite direction to the cramp spasm. The natural reaction is to point your toes away from your body, but this just contributes to the spasm. For me this is much quicker than trying to walk it off. It can also stop the cramp starting in the first place if you feel it coming on.

I hope this helps - Dreamer.........

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: PM and leg cramps September 20 2009, 10:50 PM

If the cramp is located in a small isolated area inside your calf it may be a blood clot caused by the PM so please be careful.

Audrey
(no login) Re: PM and leg cramps September 21 2009, 1:50 AM

Yes it may be a blood clot caused by the PM. Someone here did experience this, so it could be a very real danger.

Wishful999
(no login) Re: PM and leg cramps September 21 2009, 3:05 AM

Fennel Fairy, the cramps can occur anywhere from the thighs to the feet so I am not too worried about clots. But I have to admit, it has crossed my mind every time.

motorrunning
(Login motorrunning41) Re: PM and leg cramps October 3 2009, 8:32 PM

I have had leg cramps in the past but found that proper exercise will help. . Also check is your water consumption. Dehydration is one common cause of leg cramps. Potassium and calcium intake are another factor. Also try baby aspirin they have helped in the past for me.

Or go see your doctor as there might be other factors that are causing this..
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon