Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! (archive thread)

Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch!
July 12 2007 at 8:51 PM
Fennel Fairy (Login fennelfairy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got her newsletter in my email. Worse than ever!

Quote:
Constant stress creates chemical changes in the body, including the release of androgens (i.e. testosterone). Since androgens cancel out estrogen - the hormone most responsible for breast growth - it makes sense to keep your cool.
/End of Quote.

This is what REALLY happens during stress:

Stress increases cortisol, which lowers the levels of testosterone (and. progesterone) in the body. Prolonged intense stress increases demand for cortisol, which is made from progesterone. The process leaves less progesterone available to counter-balance the effects of excess estrogens that you may have in your system if you are taking estrogenic herbs or bovine ovary. Verdict: You are left with higher estrogen levels and no progesterone to balance it out. As we know, it is estrogen that makes us accumulate fat in the breasts.

Apart from that, it seems like each one of her Flat to Fab newsletters contain lots of misinformation. The one before this did too, so I have unsubscribed. Well, they were free anyway LOL!

www.booklocker.com/pdf/2056s.pdf

Author Reply
Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! July 12 2007, 10:43 PM

Cortisol is also responsible for collecting fat around the mid section ( belly, waist). I've read that it can be a nasty hormone that way. Now you can buy supplements that help fight the collection of fat around the waist by helping to control Cortisol.
Yes, cortisol is a stress hormone.

Blu-Jay

Edit Message Delete Message

Moonstruck
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! July 13 2007, 12:12 AM

What is the deal on the fat busters?
I'm fighting the battle of the bulge too. And losing.

http://transhouston.com/members/blog/morticia

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! July 13 2007, 7:39 AM

No sugar
Less carbs
More protein and veg
Only GOOD fats

I do believe the "drugs" for weightloss, like ephedrine and hoodia, are bad for the health. A good diet is a lot safer, especially for those who cannot excercise like yourself. When you are unable to move about freely, diet is the only way to lose the tummy. :-)

Alien Sheep
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! July 13 2007, 9:23 AM

Well, my diet sucks. I eat tuna fish on wheat bread or corned beef hash. That's my whole diet.
I don't eat veggies, at all ever. Yuk. Oh well, on to plan B..

So this leaves me with two options. Bike riding (that I am able to do) and "swimming" if you can call it that.
Actually, I went skinny dipping in my pool earlier. There's a fence around my yard and the gates are locked so no one can enter my yard. So about midnight I put on my shorts and a tshirt and hit the pool.
The lights were off and there's no moon so it was perfect. I hit the pool and swam a few laps.
I looked around and made certain that there was no way for anyone to see me.
No problem because the new pool is much taller than the old one. So I ditched the shorts and shirt (while in the water) and took about half an hour swimming in the buff. It was quite nice because I'm always fighting with these stupid baggy clothes that encumber and impede my every move. I'm going to make this a regular thing.
Anyway, after I had enough of the mosquitoes I re-donned my shorts and shirt and went back in the house for a hot shower.

Very relaxing mentally. I tried swimming in the day time the day before and I just about had a heart attack from the paranoia and panic attacks worrying about someone seeing me in my shorts and a wet tshirt.
It was just way too stressful so I won't be doing anymore daytime swimming. I don't pass for female yet but I sure don't pass for male anymore either.

I guess I'll have to hope that my bike/pool activity can help me get rid of this weight.
I went from 147 (I held steady at that from about 25 to 36) to my current 208.
I quit smoking and drinking ten years ago and I blew up like a blimp.
I've never been able to get it back off since my back surgery.
It's very depressing.. Sad

http://transhouston.com/members/blog/morticia

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! July 13 2007, 3:10 PM

Tuna fish is good! Bread is good as long it's whole wheat or whole grain. Beef is Good as long as it's lean. You might want to add some chicken breast,sometimes an egg or two,Some turkey breast but you should try and fit in some veggies. There has to be some that you like. You should get a serving of fruit a day too like an Apple,oranges,bananas,pine apple and Papaya. Bananas are rich in potasium (good for blood pressure) Pineapple is good to aid in weight loss.Papaya is also good for general health. Some Ideas: you can try Grilled chicken salads, grilled chicken/turkey breast sandwiches made with whole wheat or whole grain breads.Try and keep away from Graveys (very high in fat) Try a fruit salad,combine some pineapple,papaya,oranges,add some banana and some melons too, Like Honey Dew and Cantalope.
Good nutrition is very important during the changes your body is going through. Bad nutrition can cause things like DEPRESSION,weakness, weak imune system,loss of sleep, Moodieness and so on.
Riding your bike is a great way to get exercise! And it shouldn't bother your back.
You need to take care of yourself!
Good Luck!

Blu-Jay

Alien Sheep
(no login) Re: Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! July 13 2007, 3:30 PM

I have heard that the new diet pill Alli is supposed to be very good. I forget what it does specifically, but I thought it somehow monitors the fat you take in, and if you take too much, it will upset your stomach through loose bowels, and cramping, and bloating - those that have taken it love it, because it helps them learn to eat the correct portions to eat, and forces them to change their diet. Although it seems simple enough to change ones diet, there are those out there that have a hard time, and I think this pill might actually work. They also said the weight didn't fly off, but took a good bit of time but they were losing weight in a healthy way by diet change, and the results are more likely to stay. Anyway you can always google it and then if I got any info wrong, you'll know exactly what it does.

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! July 13 2007, 7:50 PM

Losing about 2Lbs a week is a very good way to lose weight! The loss is more permanent and much safer. Losing to much weight at one time & too fast can cause serious health risks and even cause you to gain it all back again and even cause you to gain more weight.
Diet pills aid in losing weight and I've used some, after I stopped taking them I gained again. One has to be careful with diet products,some could lead to health risks. (mainly the heart) The diet business is a big business and there is alot of $$$$$ involved. They also want you to keep buying their product$. I'm not saying they don't work, because they do work. Like myself, when I stopped taking them and still watched my diet,I gained weight again.
I was told by a nutritionist that I know, the best way to lose weight is through a well balanced diet and some portion control and staying active.(riding bike,walking,speed walking and swimming like you do.)
A good steady walk is just as good as Jogging!

Blu-Jay

Christine
(no login) Re: Lucille Sorella (flat 2 fab/fem) is out to lunch! July 16 2007, 8:57 AM

I have always felt a lot of scepticism about Lucille's advice. Apparently she does have some kind of holistic training, but I've never believed she was the breast growth guru that she makes herself out to be.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon