Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

The man boob phenomenon (archive thread)

The man boob phenomenon
January 28 2007 at 7:07 AM Confused (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man boob epidemic has reached such alarming proportions in Australia that the publishers of Collins Australian Dictionary have just added the term “man boobs” to their 7th edition, defining the term as “overdeveloped breasts on a man.” Competitor Macquarie Dictionary will follow suit in its 4th edition.

Author Reply
Julie
(no login) Re: The man boob phenomenon January 29 2007, 12:08 PM

This is no doubt due to obesity in Australia rather than any real breast development.

Edit Message Delete Message

Manyquestions
(Login ManyQuestions) Re: The man boob phenomenon January 30 2007, 2:17 PM

I agree with Julie. The term "manboob" has also become increasingly common in the U.S. and it almost always is a derisive term for the fat that settles on men's chests - which is just fat, not real breast growth. I have also, however, heard it used to describe what happens to steroid users like body builders - that they develop "manboobs" as a byproduct of steroid use. Again, usually a derisive term.

tittyboy
(no login) real breasts February 1 2007, 2:41 AM

I know in my case they are real, I happen to be seeing one of the top endocrinologists in my state and he has diagnosed me as having gynecomastia. Mine do not look like the "man-boobs" I see on heavy guys ( I am a little heavy myself). I think one can tell the difference if one knows what to look for. The presence of the mammary gland can definitely be felt if they are real boobs as opposed to just fat accumulation.

twinklepose
(no login) Re: The man boob phenomenon February 1 2007, 6:45 PM

Good for you, TB. I would love to see some pics. I posted mine a few weeks back - although hardly any growth! Go on - be brave!!!

Twink x

Roger
(no login) Re: The man boob phenomenon February 13 2007, 7:36 AM

I'm curious to know what makes fat particularly settle in that area. Usefil if you could find the cause and control it.

tittyboy
(no login) triangle February 13 2007, 12:58 PM

The breast triangle is anchored from in between your rib cage to the top of you underarm area to the bottom back of your underarm. It is kind of like a sling. The lack of correct anatomical vernacular is laziness of my part as I have not had my morning coffee yet. I guess as one bloats out the natural anatomical restraints strain and the weaker ones stretch. Like a balloon.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon