Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

chrissiegirl

This is just to let you all know that chrissiegirl will now post as plain chrissie. I was unable to log in or to successfully contact the forum administrator, to try and rectify it. I suspect it was due to my enforced change of e-mail address, having sold my business and bought a new one. Having changed my name, by deed poll, chrissie is, perhaps, more appropriate, anyway.

One more small step along the way! Smile

Best wishes

Pansy Mae

The strange thing is that, earlier, I was thinking about what it would be like, to, suddenly, be male, again. My conclusion; suicide would be preferable. My name change is not just a small step; it is about taking control of who I am. Sorry, I do not want to sound, as if I am upbraiding you; this has nothing to do with you, or anyone else; it is, simply about me and who I am and, being transexual, is not an easy space, to inhabit.

Hi Chrissie,

I have a technical question about name change. You don't have to answer this, but what medical documents did you need to provide? Under the UK Gender Recognition Act 2004, you girls have the constitutional right to live in a chosen gender. It's a legal matter, and legislators did a lot of groundwork to demedicalise it. I wonder how it works in practice.

The Dutch civil code still requires that you cannot have children in your original gender any more. Nice, huh!? Get yourself chemically castrated, just like any other vice convict. The Belgian rules were updated in 2007, but much more conservative than the GRA. Same thing in Germany.

None, is the simple answer. In the UK we have always recognised, that you should be recognised, by the name you call yourself; trouble is that the beauracrats are not comfortable, with this, but by executing a simple document, called a deed pole, you give them no alternative.
Gender recognition certificates, are another matter; these are granted by specific medical practitioners, but once granted, change your status; you become, as a matter of law, your chosen gender and can have your birth certificate corrected, to reflect this. Is it not sweet, that the land of the Daily Mail, can be socialy liberal!

Thank you Chrissie.

Sweet indeed. And surprising.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon