Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lowering Blood Pressure (natural ways please)

So some of you know I have high blood pressure and cholesterol. I was diagnosed with this last year and since have been trying to lower both naturally without medications. I have successfully lowered my cholesterol to a normal level through exercise, diet, changing the way I eat completely, etc. My blood pressure has lowered some, but I am still in the prehypertension state. I was wondering if anyone here knows of natural things to take that can lower it. I still take my omega 3's, I take my vitamins daily, I don't eat much junk anymore, I use more garlic now in my food (was told garlic helps), etc. But I want to make sure the numbers go back to normal. I'm only 23, I don't want to go on liver killing medications, I don't want to have to depend on those for the rest of my life to be so called "healthy". I found this one site in my search http://www.levodyn.com/index.html so going to do my research on it, and might give it a go. Anyone else know of any natural supplements to take that work?

Hi Anastasia,

You could try foods high in potassium. Bananas and such.
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=7541&pid=23638#pid23638

Yea, I eat at least a banana every morning during breakfast, been doing that for a month or so now, someone at work suggested that as well. So far with healthy eating and exercise I've went from I believe 180/105 down to now I've been around 150/85 so alot better than it was, but I still want to get it in the normal range.

Olive leaf extract.....750 to 1000 mg a day. Tons of info on it online for both blood pressure and cholesterol. It also works fast and drastic with the cholesterol from personal experience with hubby in that area.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...002717.htm

I think there are garlic capsules you can take as a supplement, they seem to help.

Thanks for the info Mel, if I can lower both that would be great. Never heard of olive leaf extract in everything I've been researching thus far, so now it's time to research that. I know I'm a research junkie, I do it with everything, not just NBE.

Bibi, yea my mom told me about the capsules, but I thought maybe if I just added more than usual to my diet that would help, I love garlic in food anyway so didn't think it would hurt to try it.

It's pretty incredible stuff. The meds the docs give lower cholesterol gradually, but this stuff works super fast. I know someone that had a triglycerides test come back in the 600's and went on a diet and took these and a week later he tested 150.

It's also supposed to be great at killing the flu bug, ect. so nice thing to have handy for many reasons.

Mel

It says here that borage oil helps too:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=5274

Isabelle, I currently take flaxseed oil, have for over 2 years now, but I think when I run out I'm going to get the fish oil, borage oil, and flaxseed oil combination one and try it since it has the omega 3, 6, and 9.

Mel, I went by the store this evening to pick up some things I was running low on, bananas was one of them, so I thought of what you said about olive leaf and went to see if walmart had it. They did so I picked that up and also got some garlic capsules, I do incorporate garlic into my diet, but maybe it's not enough, so hopefully adding the olive leaf and the garlic will help.

I checked my BP while there, at first it read 144/98 (I was almost in an accident recently and I think since then my BP has raised again). Well I bought the bananas ate one, walked around for a bit, then sat down and rested for a few min, took the BP again and it was 139/91 so a little bit better but not nearly where I was a few weeks ago, grrr. I think I'm going to buy a monitor to use at home soon, I saw some at walmart for around $40, electronic ones.

As far as supplements I take right now, I take:

Flaxseed Oil 1000mg 2 capsules daily

Biotin 5mg 1 capsule daily (mainly for hair, but also read it's good for BP)

Horsetail (natural silica) 500mg 1 capsule twice daily

Maca 500mg 1 capsule twice daily

Kelp 225mcg 1 tablet daily (I started this while on BO but read it's good for health in general and is good for circulation so have continued it since)

Multivitamin once daily

Collagen+C type 1&3 I take 3 tablets daily, it says to take 3 two times per day, but I find taking it once with 3 is sufficient.

I recently started taking UB again a week or so ago, consistently. So I take 1 tablet 3 times per day.

I was taking Extenze for women, one tablet daily, but only have 3 left and want to see how I can manage without it, so not gonna buy more yet.

I am now adding 1 garlic 1000mg capsule daily as well as olive leaf extract 150mg 1 daily.

So we'll see if these help and I'll report back in a couple of weeks on the BP side of things.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon