Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Digestive enzymes and NBE (archive thread)

Digestive enzymes and NBE
May 31 2007 at 7:47 AM
Fennel Fairy (Login fennelfairy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protein gives your body the building blocks required for the synthesis of new hormones. Amino Acids are an essential part of proteins. Amino Acids form proteins, and make up our organs, glands, muscles, ligaments and tendons. The composition of each protein is determined by which chain of amino acid is present, and how they link to form a specific protein. Proteins can not be obtained from diet unless they are broken down into amino acids. It is the enzyme "Protease" that does this.

Most people need to add extra protein to their diet during the NBE process. Some people have a hard time breaking down the protein to amino acids and might do better with some digestive enzyme supplements.

Especially for Moonstruck:

There have been many medical studies about the connection between lack of Protease and the occurence of arthritis. Some of these studies suggest that adding the digestive enzyme protease works as an anti-inflammatory drug on arthritis patients. if you google Protease and Arthritis you will find a lot of material. Maybe your digestive enzymes aren't working well since you have some sort of stomach problem and the acidity level might be too high or low for this synthesis of amino acids to occur? Just a thought. You could always try to add a digestive enzyme food supplement to your diet if you aren't already taking some.

I found an interesting website here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/6430

Author Reply
Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE May 31 2007, 8:37 AM

Yes, Some protein shakes can be hard to digest leaving you with a feeling like you just ate a
10 Lb. river rock. Specialy in older people.
The enzymes would definitely help if you have that problem. The occasional cleanse would help too, to get your system working properly again.

Blu-Jay

Edit Message Delete Message

Moonstruck
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE May 31 2007, 9:43 AM

Thank you Fennel!

I will look into this. I walked every isle of our local grocery store and found nothing such as a protein drink mix.
I need to go to Walmart and get some I suppose.
I have started BO a few days ago now. Since I couldn't find the drink mix, I've been drinking a lot of cranberry juice and taking some Cod Liver oil caplets plus eating a lot of tuna fish sandwiches rather than my usual Corned Beef Hash (aka Alpo)..
Oh, and taking multi-vitamins, and B-12 tablets. I'm trying to get some better stuff into my system than usual.
Matter of fact, I don't think I've had so much healthy stuff in me in all my life since I started NBE..

Oh yeah, those BO pills STINK! DO NOT SNIFF THE BOTTLE! UGH!! Throw them down your throat FAST and guzzle something to wash them down. Nasty, nasty, nasty!

One thing I've noticed, I've emotionally leveled out a bit since I've been on the BO. Maybe not, I don't know but I don't seem to cry so much the past day or two. I have no clue. Maybe I just haven't been thinking about stuff. I do know I'm feeling more dippy (silly) the past day or two. What a strange ride this has been. Not an unpleasant ride, just strange.

Got me a blog over at transhouston.com, I'm signed up there as Morticia. Being that their forum is for all discussions related to transsexualism I've been able to learn some new things I didn't know, mainly about myself. Smile
Having seen the girls there, seeing their before, during and after photos, and read their success stories, I'm encouraged to keep moving forward. What else can I do?

Fennel
(no login) Protein drinks May 31 2007, 7:02 PM

You will find protein drinks/shakes in the health food store or at places that sell supplements for bodybuilders. It is often sold in a large container with powder that you mix with water or milk. Usually banana, chocolate, vanilla or strawberry flavoured. Some have lots of calories and some have hardly any - read the contents. The best protein source is whey protein. But if you eat a protein rich diet you won't need the shakes. I don't take them personally because I get a lot of protein already.

Blu-Jay
(Login Blu-Jay) Hey Moonstruck! May 31 2007, 8:37 PM

Can we read your blog? I was over at transhouston to see if I could find it,I found Mortica but I couldn't find your blog.
Do you have to join or sign in?
What kind of info can one find there?

Blu-Jay

Moonstruck
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE May 31 2007, 8:52 PM

Oh god! I'm scared to death of whey.
They have been importing tons of the stuff from China and the Chinese have been putting POISON in it so that when it's tested for nutritional value it causes false readings, making the whey appear to be very good quality when in fact it's POISONED instead.

It first showed up when people's pets started to DIE from eating it. Thousands of pets have died here.
Then they pulled the pet food from the shelves and threw it to chickens and fish farms, now it's showing up in OUR food supply.
After a lot of pressure was put on the Chinese they admitted they were putting poison in ALL food, pet and human that they export to give false nutritional values, thus increasing profits.

They just sentenced some guy to death in China over this, I think he was the "head of quality control for exports".. Some top official of some sort that was supposed to make sure this didn't happen.

Oooops... Too bad. I don't trust ANYTHING from China. The crap they produce and flood our stores with is garbage.
And they could care less about sanitation. I refuse to eat Chinese food. I will not purchase anything if I know or even suspect it came from China or has Chinese ingredients in it.

I live 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico which is a HUGE body of water. There are docks all along the coast.
And there are boats tide up because they can't go out and bring in fresh seafood to compete with the Chinese seafood that our stores are full of now. They are offered such a small amount for their catch that they can't even cover the expense to catch the stuff and bring it to shore. The Chinese have killed the US seafood industry. How we let this happen is beyond me.
In the grocery store near my home, ALL of the seafood is imported from Asia. There is no seafood from our waters.
Fresh? Hahahahaha!! No such thing. At least with the canned tuna I can read on the can where it comes from and be selective. As for "fresh fish", it doesn't exist anymore because it's all from Asia.

Oh that pisses me off so badly!
Sorry, Chinese stuff really pushes my buttons.

Fennel
(no login) Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE June 1 2007, 5:40 PM

Boy am I glad that there is no sh*t in the food where I live. No hormones or antibiotics in meat or milk, the fish don't have two heads, drinking water is CLEAN and coca cola doesn't come out of a tap LOL.

....Only in America. And China ROTFLMAO!

Lonely Sheep
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE June 2 2007, 5:03 AM

Check this out..

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/05/2...ad-Cow.php

And that's not all.
There's a sh*tstorm brewing over Chinese food imports here. It's HOT on the news.
I'll upload a Youtube video tomorrow about it, you'll be shocked at what they are FORCING us to eat.
Most of us have no idea and there certainly is no alternative. They are poisoning us FOR PROFIT and GW Bush and
his criminal pals are endorsing it all.

Anything is acceptable as long as there's a profit to be made, even if it kills people.

Fennel
(no login) Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE June 2 2007, 9:46 AM

Move to Sweden.

Moonstruck
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE June 3 2007, 8:31 PM

"Move to Sweden."

Believe me, I would if I could.. I would if I could..
Especially if they have pretty redheads over there.. ;-)

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE June 3 2007, 9:04 PM

Actually, we do have a few pretty redheads here.
Well, at least there's me...

Moonstruck
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Digestive enzymes and NBE June 4 2007, 3:00 AM

"Actually, we do have a few pretty redheads here.
Well, at least there's me..."

:-)

So you're in Sweden? Oh my.... Lucky you!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon