Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Illusions of the Mind

Well what can I say this Bra business is so confusing,

Thought I was quite larger until my targbet bra arrived today,

46b, on it went expecting great things, band fitted snug, pulled cups up and put them in, looked down and it was like two little points nestling in the depths, hardly anything there Angry

Still makes you realise how big sfem and Pansy and others are Rolleyes

Julie

(08-09-2011, 02:30 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Still makes you realise how big sfem and Pansy and others are Rolleyes
Nah, I'm not all that big, wish I was!
The thing is that we all get hung up on 'size' when we really mean 'proportion'.

You say you thought you were a 46B and the 46 bit works just the B doesn't. Rolleyes I have exactly the same with some of my bra's. I bought two 36B's on the same day from different manufacturers - one, the one in my piccy, fits nicely round the band on either the middle or tightest hooks ( I can never quite decide which is the more comfortable) and there is just a little room to grow in the cups. The other one is really too tight for comfort on the loosest setting but I don't nearly fill the cups and there is a fold in the front. Now, the thing is, that aside from how two same size bra's fit so differently, in theory, you go up a cup size for every drop down in band size, and vice versa. Sooo, that means that if I had boobs with the volume of even 46A, I would actually be needing a 36F! Conversely, take my 'nearly 36B's and plant them on your 46 chest and they wouldn't even show, fried eggs would be bigger! In practical terms, that means that you have an awful lot further to go than me to get the same proportional increase in chest size. I posted yesterday asking how to get rid of the 1/2" gap between mine. Actually, I know perfectly well that that half inch, plus the matching one on my back that doesn't show, is because I have a male rib cage which is 35" round. If I could chop 1/2-3/4" out, both front and back, and get it down to 33 or 34, it would be a nicely female shape. I'm fortunate that I have a small frame, because I suspect that you would need to chop about 10 or 12" out of your ribcage to get to the same relative position.

I am growing and according to the bra calculators I am a 44B, but I actually wear a 40A and there is still plenty of room in there although it is *slowly* filling up.

Basically, the bra calculators are c**p.

At this stage buy A or AA. Measure under your boobs and buy that so if you are 42" round the rib-cage then buy a 42A. When it gets too small, buy a 42B.

Beverley

Yes indeed but

I have a 46b that the band only just fits and yet I measure 40 round under bust ??????????????????????????????

Julie

I'll echo what's been said already. The bra calculators don't work for men. I'm fairly sure they don't work for women too well either. The style and materials and even the manufacturer (their implementation of the styles) all are completely variable. I personally think that with the modern stretchy fabric of most bands, that for men, start with the measurement under your boobs for your band size. No adding or subtracting anything. The cup size becomes a major guessing game. You can start with the rules that women use for them, but it won't be the final answer. Our boobs point sideways, bulge in different places, have different inter-boob spaces, hang off the ribcage differently, have different musculature behind, the pecs are usually much more pronounced between the boob and the shoulder than women's, etc. The sizes are only a starting point.

And I bet I could drop both my boobs into one cup of your bra and still have room for a sandwich. I am happy with the size of my boobs compared to the size of my ribcage. Not so much with my belly, but that's another forum. Pansy-Mae's are an excellent size for her ribcage, in my opinion. I bet yours are well on their way to being good for your ribcage too. The other option I have considered if I were to want my boobs bigger compared to my ribcage is to make the ribcage (or more accurately, the flesh adhering to it) smaller. I imagine I could drop 30 pounds and would really find my boobs were too large for me.

Not that I'm likely to find out. I like my sandwiches too much.

Head spin time Huh

There must be a mountain of discarded brand new Bras from us Girls,

My postman is starting too look at me in a strange way, after all only so many prety pink boxes with lingerie website on the outside can turn up,

"for the wife"

Julie

Get yourself measured.

Those girls just looove the kink of it Big Grin

Remember that the bra size calculators are simply an attempt to guestimate the size of a woman's chest, less breast tissue; result: 80% of British women wear too big a band size and too small a cup. What hope for us T girls!
Earlier this year I lost a lot of weight, due to what was going on in my life. Not a good look for a T girl, as it emphasised the size of my rib cage, under my boobs. Also, with a little weight, back on, I have developed a very fem, fat disribution, which makes my skirts fit a lot better.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon