Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Should I lay off herbals? (archive thread)

Should I lay off herbals?
July 29 2008 at 8:11 AM Tess (Login Tess123)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen quite a few threads saying that your herbs will work best if you take a week off once in a while, so your estrogen receptors remain sensitive. Is this the case? My regime is: saw palmentto (1800 mg), red clover (1720 mg), hops (1000 mg) and wild yam cream twice a day. I've been on this for a couple of months now and no longer have a flat chestSmile Does anyone have any recommendations as to how long you should have on / off the herbs for the best boob growth? Should I keep it up? Or maybe just go down to saw palmentto for a week, as this will help keep the T levels in my body at a lower level?? Aren't hormones a minefield when you don't naturally have the ones you'd want!! Thanks, T.

Author Reply
Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: Should I lay off herbals? July 31 2008, 8:21 AM

Not everyone agrees with this theory about taking breaks. Some people just carry right on regardless, so things are not really that clear. If you think you're doing well why not leave things the way they are?

Edit Message Delete Message

Lightway
(no login) Re: Should I lay off herbals? August 17 2008, 8:49 AM

I don't think you should break from the SP come what may. Since it's supposed to help keep your T levels in your body down, I think it would be entirely counter productive to stop taking it.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Should I lay off herbals? August 17 2008, 7:59 PM

Hi!

The break is for several reasons:

To clear estrogen receptors so they remain sensitive and receptive

To stop the body from getting so accostumed to the herbs that it won't react to them anymore (just as the body can get used to medicines and they become less effective)

To give the liver a break (milk thistle is good for liver cleansing)

Another way of clearing receptors in the breasts is to stop herbs for a week and use progesterone cream for that week. You can still continue to massage though.

To do a body detox during your break is a good way to make the most of your herbs, because a good cleanse will make your intestines absorb both herbs and other nutrients so much better afterwards.

If you've been taking herbs for about 3 months now, I think a weeks break would benefit you greatly.

Tess
(no login) Re: Should I lay off herbals? August 18 2008, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the advice Fennel, you seem to be a fountain of knowledge. One more query though, if I use progesterone cream for the week off can I also use it when I'm taking the PEs, or will this lower the good effects of the progesterone during my week off? I suppose that by just using it for a week must imitate the hormonal pattern of genetic women. Any more advice most welcome x.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Should I lay off herbals? August 18 2008, 8:12 PM

Estrogen and Progesterone may compete for the same receptor sites, so if you take phytoestrogens or ovary caps you want the maximum effect of them right? In that case avoid competition with progesterone. Progesterone is great for clearing estrogen receptors for maximum sensitivity during breaks but not during the intake of estrogenics. It's a bit like selling 1000 movie tickets for a cinema with 500 seats.

Chasin
(no login) Progesterone August 19 2008, 1:32 AM

Fennel F, hey ive been on the Herbs for 3 months as of the 29th,doing pretty good,but was using a progesterone creme for massage,still had tingle and soreness. So you say it fights for receptors? I stopped for one day so far to see if things change. What other creme can I use,it feels good on the massage and heat. Im still learning,like I said I will read everything to get the most out of what im doing...Tks again

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Should I lay off herbals? August 21 2008, 7:13 AM

For massage, you could let the same estrogenic herbs that you use internally soak in oil for a couple of days, then use for massage.

Chasin
(no login) Lay Off August 31 2008, 4:43 PM

I stopped Herbs now for 2 days. Should I cold turkey for a week? WOW nothing? Ive been use to a regime everyday. Should I not take anything and let the system clean itself,just the progesterone creme and massage? I want to make sure things are going right. I know we all here are wanting the best and the best information. I keep reading and tks to everyone and best for you also.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Should I lay off herbals? August 31 2008, 10:28 PM

Yes I think it would be best to go cold turkey and only do massage and prog. cream for a week before starting up again.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon