Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)

Southern Comfort Conference /Atlanta

Eighteen days left. Get moving! You can still join us! Lol

I would love to fly over for it this year but it's just not possible. Reading through the sccatl site it looks like great fun. How about next year?

4 days is not enough though. If things are sorted out here I could spend a couple months travelling. Pointless getting the visa for less.
I went to New Zealand for 3 months and ended up staying a year. lol

Not sure how my non regional English accent would be taken?

Denita

Denita, your accent would be no problem, though most Americans have no idea how to sort one anglo accent from another. The average American can not distinguish a Yorkshireman from an Australian...lol...but all are welcomed in that regard. Too bad you cant make it. Arielle is coming, with her English accent, from Zurich, and my understanding is that others also come from Europe quite frequently. We would love to see you, but I certainly understand the difficulties and obstacles to travel from overseas. Maybe next year, indeed. Smile

Oh...and...seventeen days...lol

(17-08-2014, 12:26 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Oh...and...seventeen days...lol

Samantha,

Maybe you should put a countdown timer in your signature block? Big Grin

(17-08-2014, 12:45 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  

Samantha,

I would so do that, Flame, if I knew how...lol

(17-08-2014, 12:53 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  
(17-08-2014, 12:45 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  

Samantha,

I would so do that, Flame, if I knew how...lol

Maybe Lenneth or some other tech guru could offer you some pointers...Huh

(16-08-2014, 02:14 PM)Denita Wrote:  I would love to fly over for it this year but it's just not possible. Reading through the sccatl site it looks like great fun. How about next year?

4 days is not enough though. If things are sorted out here I could spend a couple months travelling. Pointless getting the visa for less.
I went to New Zealand for 3 months and ended up staying a year. lol

Not sure how my non regional English accent would be taken?

Denita
Denita,
It was out of the question for me this year despite being in the States a little later ( 17th Sept to 7th Oct) BUT NEXT YEAR......I certainly hope so. Maybe you would like some flying company if you do go.Blush

I am sure there are some events here in the UK, do you know where and how they are listed? Thinking of getting some practice in first. As I have said before, a big dream of mine is to 'fly pretty' that is a must and will happen in the very near future.
As for regional accents, I do agree with Sammie, our cousins across the pond do not seem to be at all bothered. Oh sure they do detect our accent and ask where we live. I have only been to the States 8 times but always felt accepted there and warmly welcomed. I do love it there! Having had a very nomadic life I seem to be somewhat 'accent free' even when I was in the forces I was known as ' posh scouse' possibly because I spent most of my life down south.

Take care dear sis.

Hugs
Heather

(16-08-2014, 07:14 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Denita, your accent would be no problem, though most Americans have no idea how to sort one anglo accent from another. The average American can not distinguish a Yorkshireman from an Australian...lol...but all are welcomed in that regard. Too bad you cant make it. Arielle is coming, with her English accent, from Zurich, and my understanding is that others also come from Europe quite frequently. We would love to see you, but I certainly understand the difficulties and obstacles to travel from overseas. Maybe next year, indeed. Smile

I forgot to put a lol after my accent comment. I've been told by many Australians, Kiwis, Americans and Canadians that I've met on my travels that I have a lovely sounding voice. Several have said I should be on radio. Too ugly for TV? lol
Even in my home town that I've spend most of 40 years, I am not recognised as a local as I have no accent, I get asked where I'm from! It like an on running joke for me. lol

I have always wanted to visit United States. I think when I've sorted stuff out here I will. Need a visa for tourism over 90 days though. Yay a visit to US Embassy in London for interviews. I guess I'll have to explain why I've been to Syria, Beirut in Lebanon, Iraq and Libya. RolleyesBig Grin

Denita

P.S. The answer is archaeology and I love travelling.

(17-08-2014, 04:08 PM)Heather-H Wrote:  Denita,
It was out of the question for me this year despite being in the States a little later ( 17th Sept to 7th Oct) BUT NEXT YEAR......I certainly hope so. Maybe you would like some flying company if you do go.Blush

I am sure there are some events here in the UK, do you know where and how they are listed? Thinking of getting some practice in first. As I have said before, a big dream of mine is to 'fly pretty' that is a must and will happen in the very near future.
As for regional accents, I do agree with Sammie, our cousins across the pond do not seem to be at all bothered. Oh sure they do detect our accent and ask where we live. I have only been to the States 8 times but always felt accepted there and warmly welcomed. I do love it there! Having had a very nomadic life I seem to be somewhat 'accent free' even when I was in the forces I was known as ' posh scouse' possibly because I spent most of my life down south.

Take care dear sis.

Hugs
Heather

I have a tendency to fly most long haul via Paris. I can leave home, taxi to airport and fly to Charles de Gaulle in about 2 hours. Heathrow I'd be lucky to be in the terminal in that time with the M27, M3 and M25. Also Heathrow airport is horrible. lol Also Charles de Gaulle has the best airport coffee I've ever seen! lol

I will start a couple new threads for UK events and UK support groups rather than fill Samantha thread with UK stuff.

Denita

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)