Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)

How do we know?

(17-03-2014, 11:49 PM)MichelleM Wrote:  If you think it's very possible, do you have any speculations on what those changes might be. I'm curious to see if I can spot them; and it may be useful to see if I can try to manage them.

When you say manage them, do you mean to increase or decrease the vibes?

As far as what changes may lead to people suspecting you're TG, it's hard to say precisely because everyone's different.

It could be that others pickup that you're aren't bound to the rules and norms that other bio-males adhere to. Maybe your tone or personality is softer and more sensitive when others previously saw you as a stern or aloof person. Perhaps others notice for instance that your platonic friends are mostly of the opposite sex. I'm just speculating here.

(18-03-2014, 02:04 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  Having once started down that road, I thought I'd better fire the pig while still thinking about it. I always thought it quite a good likeness but it seemed time for a change. It's a pity that the board dumps discarded avatars. Sad Your own for example would make quite an interesting parade. Smile

I should have all of my prior avatars still saved on my computer. Maybe I should start a thread just to show all of the avatars I've used? Tongue

(18-03-2014, 02:04 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  As for TG vibes, they are just the kind of things I was speculating about, if only we could identify what produces them. Huh

I think the concise answer is anomalies create TG vibes.

(18-03-2014, 02:26 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(17-03-2014, 11:49 PM)MichelleM Wrote:  If you think it's very possible, do you have any speculations on what those changes might be. I'm curious to see if I can spot them; and it may be useful to see if I can try to manage them.

When you say manage them, do you mean to increase or decrease the vibes?

As far as what changes may lead to people suspecting you're TG, it's hard to say precisely because everyone's different.

It could be that others pickup that you're aren't bound to the rules and norms that other bio-males adhere to. Maybe your tone or personality is softer and more sensitive when others previously saw you as a stern or aloof person. Perhaps others notice for instance that your platonic friends are mostly of the opposite sex. I'm just speculating here.
Thanks for your reply!

When I said manage them, I meant to be able to tone down the vibes at times, if possible. I'd like to avoid outing myself at work, for example, at least for now.

In light of this discussion, however, it's looking like that being able to decrease or increase the vibes is unlikely, given the nature of the vibes themselves.

Michelle

(18-03-2014, 02:26 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I should have all of my prior avatars still saved on my computer. Maybe I should start a thread just to show all of the avatars I've used? Tongue

knew you were going to say that.Tongue

(18-03-2014, 02:48 AM)MichelleM Wrote:  When I said manage them, I meant to be able to tone down the vibes at times, if possible. I'd like to avoid outing myself at work, for example, at least for now.

In light of this discussion, however, it's looking like that being able to decrease or increase the vibes is unlikely, given the nature of the vibes themselves.

I tend to think unless it's blatantly obvious or your co-workers love to gossip at the water cooler, the risk of being outed at the workplace is minimal. I realize everyone's workplace is different, but I think this ties in with others noticing one's NBE progress.

(18-03-2014, 07:08 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(18-03-2014, 02:26 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I should have all of my prior avatars still saved on my computer. Maybe I should start a thread just to show all of the avatars I've used? Tongue

Am I that predictable? Shy

Or is it just that I'm such a huge proponent of posting pictures on this forum? Big Grin

(18-03-2014, 12:44 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(18-03-2014, 02:48 AM)MichelleM Wrote:  When I said manage them, I meant to be able to tone down the vibes at times, if possible. I'd like to avoid outing myself at work, for example, at least for now.

I tend to think unless it's blatantly obvious or your co-workers love to gossip at the water cooler, the risk of being outed at the workplace is minimal. I realize everyone's workplace is different, but I think this ties in with others noticing one's NBE progress.

Or is it just that I'm such a huge proponent of posting pictures on this forum? Big Grin

Flame, it could be the engineer in you; maybe it's the accountant; dare I say lawyer? Well, one thing for sure it's not the exhibitionist in you. Big Grin

Clara Smile

Clara,

I would say it's the accountant in me. After all, accounting has been my major all throughout college. In fact, I'm currently taking an accounting class online.

(18-03-2014, 12:44 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  

probably not, i'm just good at predicting the behavior of people.
(both a blessing & a curse)

(18-03-2014, 10:38 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Clara,

I would say it's the accountant in me. After all, accounting has been my major all throughout college. In fact, I'm currently taking an accounting class online.

could be.

I don't really know what determines which gender one gets labeled as when met by strangers.

I think it's probably a combination of such things as facial hair roots/lack thereof, hair, voice, mannerisms, clothing, and possibly pheromones. It seems amazing that people assess each of these traits instantaneously, but we all gender each other subconsciously.

Like today I got ma'amed twice by a cashier. I haven't shaved in two days, wore guy clothes with male glasses, with no makeup, made no attempt to raise my voice pitch. I'm sick so I was not even chipper lol. I almost asked her," Why did you call me ma'am?", but she wouldn't have been able to tell me anyway. (and likely would've found my enthusiasm about the event and finding out the reason for it to be a little odd)

I suppose I shouldn't question it too much, and just be happy that I get ma'amed, and that I enjoy it so very much Big Grin

Good question - but do you necessarily think 'sex' is the way that people respond to you? (I ask but am unsure myself).

I think that in our relationships with others, we muchly get what we portray - I almost always enjoy a close relation with strangers I happen upon be they male or female, some of it via undertones, mostly overt..

It is not yet in me to dress to go anywhere (nor even at home) but from the reactions I get,I sometimes think I must be giving female messages.

Up to them I think - I am just me. If the world see it differently - so be it,

M x

(27-03-2014, 10:16 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  I don't really know what determines which gender one gets labeled as when met by strangers.

I think it's probably a combination of such things as facial hair roots/lack thereof, hair, voice, mannerisms, clothing, and possibly pheromones. It seems amazing that people assess each of these traits instantaneously, but we all gender each other subconsciously.

Like today I got ma'amed twice by a cashier. I haven't shaved in two days, wore guy clothes with male glasses, with no makeup, made no attempt to raise my voice pitch. I'm sick so I was not even chipper lol. I almost asked her," Why did you call me ma'am?", but she wouldn't have been able to tell me anyway. (and likely would've found my enthusiasm about the event and finding out the reason for it to be a little odd)

I suppose I shouldn't question it too much, and just be happy that I get ma'amed, and that I enjoy it so very much Big Grin

I found your post very interesting, particularly that you were sick and trying neither to mask your physical sex nor to project a particular gender; in fact I would assume that neither sex nor gender was a part of your conscious interaction with others today. Under these circumstances I would suspect that in some way your true gender shows through, and obvious physical clues saying 'male' get discounted in people's.reflex response to you in situations without any sexual charge.
I suspect that the same may apply for you, Miranda?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)