Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

addicting?

(21-12-2012, 06:51 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(21-12-2012, 05:03 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(21-12-2012, 01:07 AM)bryony Wrote:  addiction or dependency, we would all be in serious trouble if it ever got withdrawn from the market.

hence why I want to try to grow it if I can get some seeds or cuttings and accurate info on soil, temperature, humidity etc of where it grows.

If byrony's doomsday situation comes about we may all have to figure out how to grow our own pm. Sad

If you figure out how to do this Lenneth, could you write a book or something on how to home grow pm? Big Grin

Trouble is, I've read that PM depends on a particular combination of soil and environmental conditions. I don't even think it grows in S. Thailand! I can't see any reason why it should become unavailable, but I imagine that if it did, that would probably send me along to the GID doctor for the real thing (shudder). I couldn't go back to the phantom zone...

B.

(21-12-2012, 10:56 PM)bryony Wrote:  
(21-12-2012, 06:51 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(21-12-2012, 05:03 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(21-12-2012, 01:07 AM)bryony Wrote:  addiction or dependency, we would all be in serious trouble if it ever got withdrawn from the market.

hence why I want to try to grow it if I can get some seeds or cuttings and accurate info on soil, temperature, humidity etc of where it grows.

If byrony's doomsday situation comes about we may all have to figure out how to grow our own pm. Sad

If you figure out how to do this Lenneth, could you write a book or something on how to home grow pm? Big Grin

Trouble is, I've read that PM depends on a particular combination of soil and environmental conditions. I don't even think it grows in S. Thailand! I can't see any reason why it should become unavailable, but I imagine that if it did, that would probably send me along to the GID doctor for the real thing (shudder). I couldn't go back to the phantom zone...

B.

I believe its against Thai regulation. You can forget that. I was thinking we can smuggle.... No way in hell Do I want to risk getting caught though.

You are better off growing some maca rootSad

(22-12-2012, 12:22 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  I believe its against Thai regulation. You can forget that. I was thinking we can smuggle.... No way in hell Do I want to risk getting caught though.

I have been told that their is supposedly a way to do it via official routes, but it means a LOT of red tape, if I find out more i'll post it.

(22-12-2012, 12:29 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(22-12-2012, 12:22 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  I believe its against Thai regulation. You can forget that. I was thinking we can smuggle.... No way in hell Do I want to risk getting caught though.

I have been told that their is supposedly a way to do it via official routes, but it means a LOT of red tape, if I find out more i'll post it.

I did search for some seeds but I could only find pueraria lobata seeds on ebay. I was very frustrated.

(22-12-2012, 12:31 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  
(22-12-2012, 12:29 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  

I did search for some seeds but I could only find pueraria lobata seeds on ebay. I was very frustrated.

Unfortunately their is a "lot" more to it than that......

bryony Wrote:Trouble is, I've read that PM depends on a particular combination of soil and environmental conditions. I don't even think it grows in S. Thailand! I can't see any reason why it should become unavailable, but I imagine that if it did, that would probably send me along to the GID doctor for the real thing (shudder). I couldn't go back to the phantom zone...

B.

Ha ha! Sorry to mislead, when I said "the real thing", I meant real hormones (hence the shudder), not a PM cutting! I don't think anyone has successfully grown it outside of N. Thailand yet.

B.

Near as I can tell, you would appear to have to be a member of a smuggling operation to obtain PM, "or white Kwao Krua", in seed form. There are Thai governmental considerations, as well as Incoming country government regulations to overcome. many countries list the Genus Kudzu, of which PM is a species, as an invasive, and highly undesireable plant. One of the species first introduced here in the US at an agricultural Expo, was intended to be used for cattle feed and a sort of fertilizer. It quickly got out of hand. According to the latest estimate, there are 2 million acres infested with it here. The governments spend exhorbitant amounts of money trying to simply keep it in check. Lots of it in this area, and it truly is a PEST.It will wrap around and cover a phone pole in a single year! You have to cut it short monthly for a whole season to actually kill a plant. Worst part, the seeds germinate at random, so you never know what year a particular seed will decide to stretch it's legs. If you could get hold of seeds, all you'd need would be any type of soil other than clay, and not much feed. It takes until the 4th year to be ready to use, and should only be harvested while blooming. Sounds a bit like Ginseng, doesn't it? I wouldn't really consider it, with the powder and capsules so readily available. Also, While I can't vouch for the level of research done on Pueraria Lobata, most places I have looked at list it as being beneficial for it's anti-ageing properties, as well as warning against pregnant and breast feeding women using it. Much the same as PM, due to estrogen content. Either way, thay seem like more trouble on a small volume level than they're worth, what with so much ready-to-use around. Just my 2 cents worth. Patti

I don't think the herbs/drugs are addictive. For me it's the knowledge that's the problem. I don't even want breasts but since I know it's possible my perversion is too strong. I'll be watching a movie or a TV show like Game of Thrones, see a woman with a nice natural pair, get excited, then think to myself "I could grow a pair like those myself," and get more excited ><. I have enough common sense to know I shouldn't put anything into my body but resisting is a battle I lose from time to time even though I know what will happen if I continue.

(24-12-2012, 08:30 AM)Vesperia Wrote:  I don't think the herbs/drugs are addictive. For me it's the knowledge that's the problem. I don't even want breasts but since I know it's possible my perversion is too strong. I'll be watching a movie or a TV show like Game of Thrones, see a woman with a nice natural pair, get excited, then think to myself "I could grow a pair like those myself," and get more excited ><. I have enough common sense to know I shouldn't put anything into my body but resisting is a battle I lose from time to time even though I know what will happen if I continue.

Perhaps getting breast forms would be a good alternative for you?

(24-12-2012, 05:03 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(24-12-2012, 08:30 AM)Vesperia Wrote:  I don't think the herbs/drugs are addictive. For me it's the knowledge that's the problem. I don't even want breasts but since I know it's possible my perversion is too strong. I'll be watching a movie or a TV show like Game of Thrones, see a woman with a nice natural pair, get excited, then think to myself "I could grow a pair like those myself," and get more excited ><. I have enough common sense to know I shouldn't put anything into my body but resisting is a battle I lose from time to time even though I know what will happen if I continue.

Perhaps getting breast forms would be a good alternative for you?

The trouble with that is you can't feel the nipples Smile

That's how I got on this slippery slope! Big Grin

B.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon