Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)

Opill

Any updates on those taking Opill

I took it for a couple of days then Lotus provided some information on it. There's a risk of DVT so I decided to stop. It's why I didn't take PM. The risk wasn't worth the gain.
Heart

I wonder if you crushed the pills and mixed with skin cream and applied to your breasts if there would be any affect on breast development (boobs need progesterone) and avoid DVT.  Smile Maybe Lotus would have some thoughts on this idea

Does this stuff contain synthetic estrogen? If so, that easily explains the DVT risk. Which is weirdly totally fine when cis women take them for birth control, but trans women get the tired DVT scare tactic repeated when doctors gatekeep BIOIDENTICAL ESTRADIOL which taken transdermal/injection doesn't do much anything to blood clotting factors. Dodgy Just pointing out the hypocrisy of being totally fine giving cis women DVT risk but using safety as a gate keeping crutch to make us not get the treatment we need. 

Anyway, the said risk with synthetic estrogens exists and it can be bearable risk, but its obviously better to steer clear. Especially to anyone who has naturally thick blood or tendency for blood clots. I would try to avoid anything with elevated DVT risk as I have naturally thick blood which gets easily thicker from external stimulus like what smoking used to do. Good side is a truckload of stuff which makes wounds stop bleeding which can be a life saver, but it makes surgeries difficult and any medication which elevates clotting factors might be a big no go.

No estrogen just synthetic progesterone Lotus warned DVT risk wondering why its an over the counter  birth control pill contains Norgestril --cheap here in the states got 3 month supply 20 dollars haven't started taking it.  need more info before starting  Smile

Oh, so its a progestin of some sort? There are many progesterone mimics, others are less troublesome than some from what I've understood. I know my T blocker has progestin properties, but it seems on small dose its not a problem. Its interesting subject, I wish I knew more about it. I have online friend from Brazil who's been on some over there easy to get Prog mimic, she said its potent but also has bunch of possible side effects. It was an injectable one.

merely conjecture im thinking of, but maybe its a greater dvt risk for trans than cis because it takes more hormones to achieve female hormone balance vs merely preventing ovulation?

-Aria

Very likely as I guess the dosage might be higher?

In another thread on Opill I noted that there was a male contraceptive study that combined much larger doses of the more potent version of Norgestril (levo-norgestril) with testosterone replacement therapy. To decrease sperm while maintaining function, I suppose. No ill effects were reported, but I wonder how much of that had to do with the addition of T? 

The study I found was giving it to males at doses up to .5mg, daily, orally, along with 200mg of injected T. And not Norgestril, but levo-norgestril which acc'd to Wiki is the actual active form and twice as potent as Norgestril. [/size][/color]

So I have to wonder does the T make all the difference? Are are we being unnecessarily cautious? Because it sounds as if males were given the equivalent of a dozen Opills a day! 500ug ( of double potency levo-norgestril so 1mg norgrstril efficacy?) divided by the Opill's .075mg.  Am I missing something here? Besides the testosterone. And that's what I don't know. Does the added T confer safety? And just my assumption it's so the subjects didn't have erectile issues? Even counting things equal they were still taking 6ish times the 
Norgestril of the Opill. Unless my math is bad. 

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)