Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)

Fenugreek and Nipple Sensation

Hi,

I’ve just started taking fenugreek twice per day and every day consistently. I’ve noticed my nipples are much more sensitive and feel as if there were a small weight behind them at times. I was taking it for breast growth and wonder if the feelings are indicative of that or if it might be a sign of lactation?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

I felt something similar a few days after I started taking fenugreek, but I was also taking some red clover, and I really felt it after using some progesterone cream. So I wasn’t sure which one of them actually did it, and would also be curious to know if FG alone is enough to get that feeling of fullness in the breasts.

Fenugreek alone was enough for me but I would describe it not as fullness in entire breast. It was just heavy nipples. I pictured a small lead fishing weight behind the nipple to illustrate the feeling.

I just got my fenugreek today, and will be taking the recommended dosage on the bottle, three times daily. I'll be eager to see if it has a similar effect on me. I also ordered some fennel with it and that's also thrice daily. But I'm being very modest-for now the dosages on the bottles, along with hops and cimetidine in the evening (for stomach issues, it could have been any of that class of drug but since cimetidine messes with hormones, obviously that's the one I want to take)

Someone who works at a breast clinic asked a surgeon who said the sensation is most likely due to increased blood flow which will lead to growth.
Curious to hear about others’ experiences with FG.

Well. 

Not been using it long, but yeah, they kinda feel fuller.  Slightly more 'dense'.  Slightly more sensitive- especially to changes in temperature a lot of my day I'm in a hot environment but with a fan on me and the high beams get switched on a lot more it seems.  I'm suddenly more aware of my nips- and that's coming from someone who kept them pierced for the best part of the last 30 years.  I haven't been this aware of my nipples for a while.  I'm enjoying it.

What dosage of Fenugreek?

I have some strong stuff, 720mg capsules that are 20:1 extracts (90% saponins) equivalent to 14.4g per capsule.
Says take 1 per day.

Would that be enough on its own?

I read here that you shouldn't take PM with FG.

I take two 500mg capsules, three times daily- total of three thousand milligrams.  I have no idea what the percentage of saponins is.  It's Now brand, from Amazon.  I went and looked and couldn't find any info there on concentration.  The dosage recommendation is two 500mg capsules from one to three times daily, and of course you know I'm going to take the mostest. 

I've already just about exhausted my 100 count bottle taking that many, and am going to probably just run to Wally World and pick up what they have- along with some milk thistle, I think.  But the stuff Wally world sells (the FG that is) bottle is one capsule a day- I'll... probably defy that, but I might not match the dosage I'm currently taking, either, since you now make me wonder what differences there might be in the strengths.  Compared to the posts on FG that I've paid attention to, 3 grams a day does seem like a lot.  Maybe I'm taking weak stuff, I don't know.  Psychologically, I like taking that many a day, it makes me feel as if I'm doing something I guess, ha.

Edited to add that I think I've read that FG and PM together just makes them fight over the same receptors, or something, but I could be wrong on that. I explicitly chose FG over PM because stories of DVT skeered me off that route.

Question on the brand and type of Fenugreek to use.

I tried taking some about a year ago, but had to stop within a few days as it was giving my body a really strong odor of maple syrup or similar.  Would there be an odorless version?

Thanks!

(07-09-2024, 07:42 PM)Avign0n4090 Wrote:  Question on the brand and type of Fenugreek to use.

I tried taking some about a year ago, but had to stop within a few days as it was giving my body a really strong odor of maple syrup or similar.  Would there be an odorless version?

Thanks!

I think the brand I'm using right now is called 'Now' but I'm going to be going to some I got from Walmart when this bottle runs out.  It's not odorless and I will often burp syrupy taste afterwards.  I hadn't noticed it making me smell sweet- that's a shame, I could use some sweetness, ha.

Quote:Posted by Benusa2 - 30-08-2024, 12:13 PM

Someone who works at a breast clinic asked a surgeon who said the sensation is most likely due to increased blood flow which will lead to growth.

That seems a really reasonable assumption to me- I've been trying to determine the exact sensation- I don't have hard buds (yet), but the areolas and the nipples feel.. engorged is a good word.  Not puffy, but engorged.  I'm very much enjoying that, as well as the increased reaction to touch and temperature.  Even if they're not always as sensitive in a pleasurable sense (it seems to come and go), they get hard so, so easy it seems like, these days.  Again, 'engorged' is a good word for it, and I got to thinking about what you said about the blood flow.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)