Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)

Marketing hype

Question 

So... In shopping around for extracts, I've been looking at EGCG recently and i keep seeing different brands offering different levels of extract strength. How much of this is marketing hype, or is it really what it claims to be?

Like if i see something saying 10:1 extract 3000mg strength, is that any different than a 300mg extract that doesn't claim 3000mg strength?  I'm just trying to make sure i know the strength of what I'm getting and not get caught up in marketing hype  Heart

Typically raw one is better than extract as there's nothing missing from it and often the promised concentrations don't have as much effect. It depends though, things like Ginseng extract or Cayenne extract work just fine, but dosage isn't a tiny little drop compared to raw ones. The EGCG I got is NOW brand, 400mg per capsule and it doesn't say extract strength on the label, just what one capsule has in it. It seems to work just fine, although I've been on rather low dose only so far. I know from blood test that my T has gone lower than usual and only change to that since previous test should be EGCG so it appears to be working. Or is that aromatase cutting T levels down, I'm not sure, but it seems alright.

That makes sense. Thank you Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)