Breast Growth For Genetic Males
Transition poll - Printable Version

+- Breast Growth For Genetic Males (https://www.breastnexum.com)
+-- Forum: Related Subjects (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Transgender (https://www.breastnexum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: Transition poll (/showthread.php?tid=17561)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Transition poll - PattiJT - 16-01-2014

Had to vote "full" for lack of a more accurate choice.
1. Not ALL of us here are wacky
2. I definitely have a clue.
3. If I only wanted breasts, I could stop anytime.
4. My parents both passed last summer, and believe it or not, a weird sense of something-or-other of their image of me kept me from seriously considering it. My 3 grown children have known for ages of my inclinations in the dressing realm. Since the only real time I saw most of my siblings was when I went to visit my parents, they'll just have to deal with it when we get together sometime in the next couple of years. My kids will probably suffer the same fate. Their mother is a bit of an ass to them, so they probably won't desert me to spend all their time with her. Actually, I was more of a mother to them for a longer time than she was. For sure, she won't be able to throw the old "you're just like your father line" at them anymore!! Big Grin
5. I'll probably hold onto the "little fella", so the "full" choice doesn't really apply. Once upon a time, I would probably have said goodbye to that part, too. But, since I don't plan on any seduction missions among the testosterone-laden portion of the species, and the fact that I don't "hate the little guy", why not let him hang around? He's paid for, I'm familiar with him, and my wife thinks he's cute. (And, she draws the line right there)!! Also, saves a hell of a lot of paperwork. It probably means I'd better increase my amount of life insurance, though.
Before, I would have had to pick the option that said circumstances and situation don't permit, but inheriting $300K kind of alters our discussions, and widens the option list a bit.
For both of us.

RE: Transition poll - SarahSchilling - 16-01-2014

(16-01-2014, 07:11 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  Before, I would have had to pick the option that said circumstances and situation don't permit, but inheriting $300K kind of alters our discussions, and widens the option list a bit.
For both of us.
First off, good luck with the transition, no matter how far you plan to go!

300K? Congratulations, Patty! ;P

LOL, give me 300k and see how fast the "little" fella is gone. Actually not that little, it's a resistant bastard.

Actually, give me 20k and that fucker's gone lol....

Different strokes I guess.

RE: Transition poll - Lenneth - 17-01-2014

(16-01-2014, 07:03 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(16-01-2014, 07:11 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  Before, I would have had to pick the option that said circumstances and situation don't permit, but inheriting $300K kind of alters our discussions, and widens the option list a bit.
For both of us.
LOL, give me 300k and see how fast the "little" fella is gone. Actually not that little, it's a resistant bastard.

Actually, give me 20k and that fucker's gone lol....

Different strokes I guess.

Congrats on the Inheritance Patti.

it'd take a lot more than just money to allow me to transition (if I decided to), still several other factors at play over just money, Relatives/Immediate Family issues being one, utter terror over the idea of surgery being another, and (no offense intended) but to me SRS just seems like a bandaid of sorts, if I was to go through that I would want (cant explain why) to be "Fully Functional" (part of that I guess is not wanting to be forever dependent on big pharma meds for the rest of my life.)

RE: Transition poll - SarahSchilling - 17-01-2014

(17-01-2014, 06:34 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  it'd take a lot more than just money to allow me to transition (if I decided to), still several other factors at play over just money, Relatives/Immediate Family issues being one, utter terror over the idea of surgery being another, and (no offense intended) but to me SRS just seems like a bandaid of sorts, if I was to go through that I would want (cant explain why) to be "Fully Functional" (part of that I guess is not wanting to be forever dependent on big pharma meds for the rest of my life.)

My mother knows, my dad is dead, my brother will have to deal...we don't talk much anyways ;p

Surgery scares me, but the thought of this particular one makes me beam with joy. I really hate this fucking thing. My body's not so bad aside from it.

I'm on those pharma meds already, and can't imagine ever NOT taking them.

But yeah, everyone's situation is different....if mine were someone else's maybe I'd feel differently. I just wanted to explain mine, I suppose.

RE: Transition poll - Lenneth - 17-01-2014

(17-01-2014, 06:43 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(17-01-2014, 06:34 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  it'd take a lot more than just money to allow me to transition (if I decided to), still several other factors at play over just money, Relatives/Immediate Family issues being one, utter terror over the idea of surgery being another, and (no offense intended) but to me SRS just seems like a bandaid of sorts, if I was to go through that I would want (cant explain why) to be "Fully Functional" (part of that I guess is not wanting to be forever dependent on big pharma meds for the rest of my life.)

My mother knows, my dad is dead, my brother will have to deal...we don't talk much anyways ;p

Surgery scares me, but the thought of this particular one makes me beam with joy. I really hate this fucking thing. My body's not so bad aside from it.

I'm on those pharma meds already, and can't imagine ever NOT taking them.

But yeah, everyone's situation is different....if mine were someone else's maybe I'd feel differently. I just wanted to explain mine, I suppose.

no probs, thats what places like this are for.

RE: Transition poll - Lotus - 17-01-2014

Nice poll SR,

Not that it would matter to some, it's classy not giving names, although we pretty much know who voted for what by all the people who are regulars. Fun stuff! Wink

Thanks for the poll Samantha! Big Grin
L~A

RE: Transition poll - Samantha Rogers - 18-01-2014

Thank you, Lotus!
I just kind of wanted to get a feel, and the results are pretty much as I expected. 50% of us would want to transition but for "other factors". And, of course, there are a spectacular myriad of those that could be at work for any of us. Age, family, absolute certainty that we might never "pass", fear, money (of course) and on and on.
But, there is also something of the "confessional booth" about this board.
As pointed out so wisely in reply to dear Sarah. "That's what this board is for."
Sure, we all come here for information we can use to grow our boobies, but I believe there is more to it than that.
I don't think the passage is there anymore, but on the older Renee Reyes website she had a lovely piece. It described why so many males look into transition to one degree or another rather later than the ideal. To paraphrase, the premise was that many males are faced with issues when young, but fail to act because of societal pressure to conform. Instead, suffering as a result with fears and anxieties about being gay, or a "sissy" or a pervert or whatever, they try to prove their normality by accentuating their masculine side. Many join the military to prove they are real men. But many get married, often in their early twenties. They are then thrust into roughly twenty years of dealing with parenthood, because fathering children is perceived as the ultimate way to "prove" masculinity. But along the way, the old feelings refuse to go away, and so you find many who pass through the endless purchase and purge cycles during this time. But then, usually around the mid 40's to 50's,they are seeing their kids leaving home and suddenly the midlife thing happens and there is this epiphany. "My life is slipping away and it has been based on a lie. I need to figure this out while I still can"
Sound familiar to anyone?
It is a VERY common story.
How many here have no one or only a spouse with whom to discuss the why's where's and how to's of what brought them here, what they are doing and feeling, and how long it has been bottled up inside? I love to see my friends here opening up and more importantly, feeling comfortable in this place to do so. I like to see this resource and support group used!
I thought this thread might encourage that. I mean, where else do people like us go?Rolleyes

I also thought, since the poll requires no comment, that we might encourage a little initial participation from all those "shy" friends who are either registered but never post, or not yet registered. My wouldn't we have a busy board if even a few of our guests actually jumped in.Rolleyes
I have an idea for another poll I think might be interesting. Maybe later today if I can motivate my lazy behind. Heh hehTongue

RE: Transition poll - Lotus - 18-01-2014

Hi Samantha,

The poll numbers are interesting, I would've thought it would be more guys wanting boobs, or at least split w/ transitioning. Sparking a good debate is fun, and yes if we could clear the bench of our shy friends and they took the poll, wow!

Can't wait for the next one! Wink

RE: Transition poll - GoneGirl - 18-01-2014

Yes, great poll, Samantha. I like your follow-up comments, too.

I wonder if there's a significant correlation between wanting to transition (ignoring barriers) and the length of time one has been pursuing NBE. It seems to me that our long timers here lean to the trans end.

Is it possible to test the hypothesis that the longer you are on phyto-estrogens, the more likely you are to want to transition?

If true, that would raise some eyebrows. Huh

We'd need a larger sample size, though. Sad

CK Smile

RE: Transition poll - Samantha Rogers - 18-01-2014

Good question, Clara, and, subjectively I would guess the answer is true. We are already pretty certain that those without significant leanings are almost always liable to experience anxiety shortly after starting NBE, especially with the strength of Pm, so it would be logical to assume that for the rest of us, the longer we continue, the greater would be the pull in that direction. However, regardless of what attraction to the course grows, my bet is that for most the same factors preventing pursuit that stopped us at first will continue to do so. ie. family, friends, age, finances, general non feminine appearance etc. but, as you say, I expect divining an empirical answer would be tough.Sad